Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread 18:37 - Sep 3 with 7691 viewsNotLoyal

This fixture is a qualifier for the very next World Cup.

It seems that Wales would be happy with a point.

Wales players are all training as Gareth Bale lookalikes for this game

Tony Bellow Ruski v Wales
Sunday 5 September 2021
Kick off 2pm
Central Stadium, Kazan, Russia

The following article is from the FAW Cymru site who are insistent that they include the word Cardiff in everything they write. We have balanced it up by including Swansea as a result. Childish isn’t it ? Yes it is FAW.

There have been five previous fixtures between Cymru and Belarus as the two teams prepare to meet on Sunday in 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifying.

Cymru have claimed four victories over their opponents with Belarus earning their solitary victory in September 2000 as Mark Hughes' side suffered a 2-1 defeat in Minsk. Gary Speed was on target for Cymru but goals from Aleksandr Khatskevich and Valentin Bialkevich earned the home side maximum points.

The two nations first met in October 1998 at Ninian Park in Cardiff when goals from John Robinson, Chris Coleman ( Ex Swansea ) and Kit Symons edged a 3-2 win for Bobby Gould's team. Cymru then won the return match in Minsk the following September as Dean Saunders( Ex Swansea ) and Ryan Giggs were on target in the 2-1 victory.

A goal from John Hartson ( Swansea boy ) was enough for Cymru to claim a 1-0 win over Belarus in Cardiff in October 2001, but the two teams would not meet again until September 2019 for a friendly international when Daniel James ( Ex Swansea ) scored the only goal in another 1-0 win in Cardiff. Not Swansea.

It seems only the preferred locations of the games can enable their reference to Cardiff, the actual participants of the games for Wales that actually made their mark are Swansea related.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55683/thirteen-players-o

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55685/it’s-a-win-it’

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 14:48 - Sep 5 with 1316 viewsbuilthjack

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 14:44 - Sep 5 by jasper_T

Not sure Gunter has played a forward pass yet.

He should never play for Wales again. Very poor player these days.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 14:48 - Sep 5 with 1316 viewsmax936

Could have been 3 or 4 -1 down, they missed s decent chance with a header and just missed another good chance, this is a shocker after a decent start.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 14:51 - Sep 5 with 1298 viewsjasper_T

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 14:48 - Sep 5 by builthjack

He should never play for Wales again. Very poor player these days.

Been saying that for years. Ironically this is the first time for ages his callup can be justified, with Roberts and Williams out.

I'd still rather have Matt Smith out there. Or Adam Matthews. League Two Jonny Williams would have a go at least.
Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 14:55 - Sep 5 with 1287 viewsEvanski

We could easily be 4-1 down...to 🟨 Belarus...on neutral ground. I know we’re depleted with the withdrawals but this is an embarrassment.

None of the players are performing, but for me the issue is Page, who is tactically inept and way out of his depth. Has anyone seen anything from the Cardiff kid that merits a place in international football, because I don’t get it?! But Page seems to be playing him up top; a teenager who’s barely played for his club out of position. Culls hasn’t been great for us, but at least he plays and is a forward. Jesus, I’d have league 1 Jephcott ahead of this guy.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 14:58 - Sep 5 with 1279 viewsjackrmee

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 14:39 - Sep 5 by Badlands

Lawrence, Davies, Gunter, johnson and Colwill are shocking.
Bale a prima donna, james and Allen not in it.
From front to back wales look like they are in a practice march.
Should have brought in a manager when Giggs got hooked.

Giggs is still in post.
Is there an issue with sacking him? Innocent until proven guilty etc?

Who are we going to bring in though?
I'm no fan of his style, but Steve Cooper could do a job. He certainly has experience of getting results. Especially in the format of international football.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:05 - Sep 5 with 1250 viewsmonmouth

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 14:58 - Sep 5 by jackrmee

Giggs is still in post.
Is there an issue with sacking him? Innocent until proven guilty etc?

Who are we going to bring in though?
I'm no fan of his style, but Steve Cooper could do a job. He certainly has experience of getting results. Especially in the format of international football.

Cooperball is probably the only hope. Certainly 'Pagey' has to be shown the door toot sweet.

Have to win this really. Need a big second half. Time for the Bunboy to show something again.

London Lisakovich seems to be tearing Wales a new one.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:10 - Sep 5 with 1232 viewsmax936

Good effort from young Johnson there.

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:15 - Sep 5 with 1219 viewsJonathans_coat

Not an excuse for the performance so far, but ⚽️🟨me this pitch is a disgrace!

Login to get fewer ads

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:22 - Sep 5 with 1187 viewsmax936

Dan James hasn't had a chance to fart let alone play football, got 3 on him virtually every time he gets the ball

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:27 - Sep 5 with 1155 viewsWalterBoyd

2-2 Comeback is on
Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:29 - Sep 5 with 1145 viewsmajorraglan

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:05 - Sep 5 by monmouth

Cooperball is probably the only hope. Certainly 'Pagey' has to be shown the door toot sweet.

Have to win this really. Need a big second half. Time for the Bunboy to show something again.

London Lisakovich seems to be tearing Wales a new one.

Currently in work and been busy so not able to follow the match. Just seen the score and that’s it. Not convinced Page is the right man for the job, FAW need to look outside Wales FFS.
Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:38 - Sep 5 with 1113 viewsBenJ94

Can someone explain how that wasn’t a penalty for a clear foul on Bale?
Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Sep 5 with 1091 viewsmax936

Free kick in a good area, hattrick for Bale ???

Nope
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 15:46]

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:47 - Sep 5 with 1085 viewsWalterBoyd

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:46 - Sep 5 by max936

Free kick in a good area, hattrick for Bale ???

Nope
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 15:46]

Unfortunately not.
Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:47 - Sep 5 with 1085 viewsBadlands

When was the last time Bale even hit the target with a free kick from outside the box?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Sep 5 with 1073 viewsmax936

Can't believe how slow Mepham is, time and time again he's been caught short.

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:52 - Sep 5 with 1063 viewsmax936

Hat-trick for Bale
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 16:18]

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:52 - Sep 5 with 1060 viewsWalterBoyd

Bale hat trick. Unbelievable.
Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:53 - Sep 5 with 1056 viewsmonmouth

Sign Pagey up. 10 year contract.

Good old Bunboy!!!!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:53 - Sep 5 with 1056 viewsbuilthjack

EASY

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:56 - Sep 5 with 1034 viewsThornburyswan

Lucky, lucky win but who cares!

PS need to beat Estonia too
Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:57 - Sep 5 with 1021 viewsjasper_T

I turned it off before the end and I don't even regret it.
Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 16:00 - Sep 5 with 1010 viewsmax936

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:57 - Sep 5 by jasper_T

I turned it off before the end and I don't even regret it.

Side was knocked together and got the result, all be it a lucky win, but a win's a win and on to the next.

Forget this one now, its done, on to the next.

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 16:03 - Sep 5 with 997 viewsJonathans_coat

Good result in the end, w**k performance though. Some observations:-

Pitch = dreadful
Referee = poor and inconsistent
Wales Back 4 = shambolic, slow and weak
Wales midfield = lightweight and slow
Ruben Colwill = was he even on the pitch?
UEFA = 🟨

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 16:03 - Sep 5 with 995 viewsBenJ94

That was hard to watch. Bale pulls out of the sh*t again. Gunter, Mepham, Lawrence and Davies were all dreadful, couldn’t even trap the ball at times. Morrell shouldn’t be anywhere near the squad, Allen was less than average, Colwill crap, DJ looks half the player he was when he was with us, and the fact that Jonny Williams is still making appearances shows we’re lacking any sort of quality in the centre midfield position (I know there are players missing but even then he still gets games). One of the worst performances I’ve seen from us for a while, but the 3 points are what matters, let’s hope we can get a result against Estonia and the rest of the squad decide they want to turn up for the next round of fixtures!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024