Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread 18:37 - Sep 3 with 7693 viewsNotLoyal

This fixture is a qualifier for the very next World Cup.

It seems that Wales would be happy with a point.

Wales players are all training as Gareth Bale lookalikes for this game

Tony Bellow Ruski v Wales
Sunday 5 September 2021
Kick off 2pm
Central Stadium, Kazan, Russia

The following article is from the FAW Cymru site who are insistent that they include the word Cardiff in everything they write. We have balanced it up by including Swansea as a result. Childish isn’t it ? Yes it is FAW.

There have been five previous fixtures between Cymru and Belarus as the two teams prepare to meet on Sunday in 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifying.

Cymru have claimed four victories over their opponents with Belarus earning their solitary victory in September 2000 as Mark Hughes' side suffered a 2-1 defeat in Minsk. Gary Speed was on target for Cymru but goals from Aleksandr Khatskevich and Valentin Bialkevich earned the home side maximum points.

The two nations first met in October 1998 at Ninian Park in Cardiff when goals from John Robinson, Chris Coleman ( Ex Swansea ) and Kit Symons edged a 3-2 win for Bobby Gould's team. Cymru then won the return match in Minsk the following September as Dean Saunders( Ex Swansea ) and Ryan Giggs were on target in the 2-1 victory.

A goal from John Hartson ( Swansea boy ) was enough for Cymru to claim a 1-0 win over Belarus in Cardiff in October 2001, but the two teams would not meet again until September 2019 for a friendly international when Daniel James ( Ex Swansea ) scored the only goal in another 1-0 win in Cardiff. Not Swansea.

It seems only the preferred locations of the games can enable their reference to Cardiff, the actual participants of the games for Wales that actually made their mark are Swansea related.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55683/thirteen-players-o

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55685/it’s-a-win-it’

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 16:08 - Sep 5 with 1426 viewsBadlands

I reckon Swans would have walked thar game.
Shockingly poor standard.
Page reminds me of Cooper … if a system isn’t working stick with it.
Lucky, lucky, lucky.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 16:33 - Sep 5 with 1342 viewssP7qupUf

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 15:49 - Sep 5 by max936

Can't believe how slow Mepham is, time and time again he's been caught short.

He is a walking disaster. Cost Bournemouth in the play offs too.
Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 17:01 - Sep 5 with 1272 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

That's the sort of performance that should see the head coach lose their job / demoted.

It was quite honestly like watching park football. No plan. Just hoof the ball down the channel and hope something comes of it.

An embarrassing afternoon for Welsh football.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 17:30 - Sep 5 with 1237 viewsbuilthjack

It looked like us last season . Poor.
But we wouldn't have got a result with 13 players missing.
Page is an awful coach. He should be replaced.
Play poor and win. Hey ho.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 17:37 - Sep 5 with 1224 viewsmax936

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 17:30 - Sep 5 by builthjack

It looked like us last season . Poor.
But we wouldn't have got a result with 13 players missing.
Page is an awful coach. He should be replaced.
Play poor and win. Hey ho.

Wins a win. move on and be grateful for a bit of luck, we can't play that bad Wednesday surely.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 17:56 - Sep 5 with 1183 viewsonehunglow

Ideally,Giggs should be removed "by mutual consent " of course and we bring in a coach.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 18:05 - Sep 5 with 1195 viewsCatullus

I put one of my silly accumulators on. 20p on us to win 3-2, England 8-0, Italy 2-0 and NO 1-0. When our game finished I was offered a 94 p cash out and I took it

Then I realised England had made 11 changes and, watching the first half, realised I'd made a good choice. Bamford looks like he's wearing a blindfold!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Sep 5 with 1178 viewsReslovenSwan1

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 17:37 - Sep 5 by max936

Wins a win. move on and be grateful for a bit of luck, we can't play that bad Wednesday surely.

Wilson, Ampadu, and Tyler Roberts should all come back in. Brandon Cooper is good enough to tempt the manger into a change at the back.

With all that travel rotation by the stay at home will add energy. Brandon Cooper has had a weeks rest.

I have changed my opinion of Jonny Willams. Wales just play better with him in the team.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 18:25 - Sep 5 with 1172 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55685/it’s-a-win-it’

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 19:14 - Sep 5 with 1115 viewsKilkennyjack

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 18:18 - Sep 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Wilson, Ampadu, and Tyler Roberts should all come back in. Brandon Cooper is good enough to tempt the manger into a change at the back.

With all that travel rotation by the stay at home will add energy. Brandon Cooper has had a weeks rest.

I have changed my opinion of Jonny Willams. Wales just play better with him in the team.

We all love Jonny.

Beware of the Risen People

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 20:17 - Sep 5 with 1053 viewsChief

Wins a win and that's all that really mattered in this game under such shambolic circumstances. That late goal will add a few thousand onto the gate on Wednesday.

I by no means think Page is the long term answer, but there is very little choice until the Giggs situation resolved. The FAW can't sack Giggs yet&So what manager will come in on a temporary basis infer those conditions? Same with the assistant. Stuivenburg has gone (as agreed all along, but what really successful coach is going to come in and take this job with literally no security or assurances? That's why it's currently the Alan Knill. Giggs successor will probably want their own people in.

Mark Harris who I haven't been impressed with for the scum and has a poor scoring record for me changed the game (along with Joniesta). Great performance, gave Bale more space. Very few decent performances besides those I've mentioned.

Still in it.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 21:09 - Sep 5 with 991 viewsKeithHaynes

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 20:17 - Sep 5 by Chief

Wins a win and that's all that really mattered in this game under such shambolic circumstances. That late goal will add a few thousand onto the gate on Wednesday.

I by no means think Page is the long term answer, but there is very little choice until the Giggs situation resolved. The FAW can't sack Giggs yet&So what manager will come in on a temporary basis infer those conditions? Same with the assistant. Stuivenburg has gone (as agreed all along, but what really successful coach is going to come in and take this job with literally no security or assurances? That's why it's currently the Alan Knill. Giggs successor will probably want their own people in.

Mark Harris who I haven't been impressed with for the scum and has a poor scoring record for me changed the game (along with Joniesta). Great performance, gave Bale more space. Very few decent performances besides those I've mentioned.

Still in it.

Two wins out of three, one against the Czech Rep, home game to come on Weds, very much still in it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 21:16 - Sep 5 with 986 viewsbuilthjack

A win on Wednesday is crucial.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 22:01 - Sep 5 with 944 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Fair play James Lawrence's performance this afternoon was quite possibly the worst performance in a Wales shirt I have ever seen from anyone.
If I was manager he'd never play again.

Mepham wasn't great either.

The future has to be Rodon and Cabango at the back.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Sep 5 with 911 viewsKilkennyjack

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 22:01 - Sep 5 by Ajack_Kerouac

Fair play James Lawrence's performance this afternoon was quite possibly the worst performance in a Wales shirt I have ever seen from anyone.
If I was manager he'd never play again.

Mepham wasn't great either.

The future has to be Rodon and Cabango at the back.

Agreed.

Did you ever see Phil Dwyer ?

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 22:33 - Sep 5 with 910 viewsKilkennyjack

Still in it.

Swansea born Mark Harris, of course ….,🤷‍♂️

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 22:58 - Sep 5 with 888 viewsChief

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 22:33 - Sep 5 by Kilkennyjack

Yea born in Swansea. Plays for Cardiff, been loaned to Newport and Wrexham.

Like a modern day David Giles.

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 23:15 - Sep 5 with 880 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 22:32 - Sep 5 by Kilkennyjack

Agreed.

Did you ever see Phil Dwyer ?

Too young for Phil Dwyer.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 00:37 - Sep 6 with 834 viewsjasper_T

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 22:33 - Sep 5 by Kilkennyjack

Rubin Colwill's a Neath boy from a family of Swans fans. He and his younger brother both at Cardiff.
Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 07:21 - Sep 6 with 758 viewsjackrmee

Still in it.

Giggs should resign if he cared about WAles

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 07:23 - Sep 6 with 758 viewsjackrmee

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 00:37 - Sep 6 by jasper_T

Rubin Colwill's a Neath boy from a family of Swans fans. He and his younger brother both at Cardiff.

How are players like this going there instead of us?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 07:29 - Sep 6 with 754 viewsbuilthjack

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 22:58 - Sep 5 by Chief

Yea born in Swansea. Plays for Cardiff, been loaned to Newport and Wrexham.

Like a modern day David Giles.

He will end up at Barry then.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2021 7:30]

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 07:56 - Sep 6 with 738 viewsKilkennyjack

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 07:23 - Sep 6 by jackrmee

How are players like this going there instead of us?

I was going to ask that.

Are we too busy signing Scots and Kenji/Zabret to focus on working with local talent…?
Jackrmee has a point.

Whats the informed view Jasper ?

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 08:07 - Sep 6 with 734 viewsTenbySwan

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 07:21 - Sep 6 by jackrmee

Money at stake for him to do that
Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 08:20 - Sep 6 with 728 viewsChief

Belarus v Wales : World Cup Qualifier Matchday Thread on 07:21 - Sep 6 by jackrmee

Yea correct. It would probably be seen as an admission of guilt though. But he's not skint, not like he needs the money, he could resign with a statement saying something like:

"I'm stepping down as the distraction of my legal issues I believe are negatively impacting on the team and believe the national should appoint a new full time manager to progress. I will concentrate on clearing my name and will aim to manage my country in future once again. I wish the team and new manager every luck".

And let's face it, if these accusations turn out to be spurious and he is innocent, he is young enough manage Wales in future again. The vacancy will come up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024