Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Little Pompey lose again 22:40 - Sep 7 with 1169 viewsdirk_doone

AFC Wimbledon 5-3 Little Pompey

I saw a funny thing tonight: an old Pompey game was on the Big Match Revisited. It was an away game at Millwall in the mid-70s when Pompey fans claim they had a big rivalry. The funny thing is there were no away fans there at all. If there was one he was keeping himself very well hidden. I know Pompey didn't travel north of London but what is their excuse for having no away fans at all at a London game? Hopefully, they were less afraid to go to Wimbledon tonight and at least 50 of them turned up to see their team lose.

0 at Millwall:

[Post edited 7 Sep 2021 22:46]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Little Pompey lose again on 22:57 - Sep 7 with 1132 views1885_SFC

Pompey always travel mush. They have more fans at games than the home team ffs. It's called pashun mush. You don't get it scummah.

Old School is Cool

Little Pompey lose again on 23:03 - Sep 7 with 1125 viewsdirk_doone

Little Pompey lose again on 22:57 - Sep 7 by 1885_SFC

Pompey always travel mush. They have more fans at games than the home team ffs. It's called pashun mush. You don't get it scummah.

I've actually been to a couple of Pompey away games as I happened to be working in the areas at the time. I saw them play a League Cup game at Man United in 1989 and they had about 600 fans there. I guess they were only there to see United. And I saw them play a league game at Notts County in 1994 and there were no more than 50 Pompey fans there. But even that was better than 0 at Millwall.

Little Pompey lose again on 23:08 - Sep 8 with 852 viewshedgeend61

Little Pompey lose again on 23:03 - Sep 7 by dirk_doone

I've actually been to a couple of Pompey away games as I happened to be working in the areas at the time. I saw them play a League Cup game at Man United in 1989 and they had about 600 fans there. I guess they were only there to see United. And I saw them play a league game at Notts County in 1994 and there were no more than 50 Pompey fans there. But even that was better than 0 at Millwall.

I saw Little Pompey playing in their red shirts on ITV4, it was 28 December 1974 in front of 8000 Millwall fans, the away fans should have been on the right hand terrace of the tv picture, but they didn't seem to travel that day.

2 days before on Boxing Day, Saints won 2-1 at Fratton in front of nearly 20,000.

Did you go that day Dirk?, did Saints take many down there, does any one else know?
as the first time I went down was the night game in 76 so I've no idea
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 23:09]
Little Pompey lose again on 07:21 - Sep 9 with 777 viewsdirk_doone

Little Pompey lose again on 23:08 - Sep 8 by hedgeend61

I saw Little Pompey playing in their red shirts on ITV4, it was 28 December 1974 in front of 8000 Millwall fans, the away fans should have been on the right hand terrace of the tv picture, but they didn't seem to travel that day.

2 days before on Boxing Day, Saints won 2-1 at Fratton in front of nearly 20,000.

Did you go that day Dirk?, did Saints take many down there, does any one else know?
as the first time I went down was the night game in 76 so I've no idea
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 23:09]

December 1974 I was in France.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024