Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The World Cup that should be boycotted 07:59 - Oct 2 with 1954 viewssaint68

Apparently a number of England footballers are not jabbed and as such they will be refused entry to Qatar for that reason, now that's fair enough as I'm all for freedom of choice in regards to the vaccines currently under trial.....but this shouldn't be the issue..the issue should be even playing there at all.

Wouldn't it actually be nice for our national team to put their faux ideologies into meaningful action by stating as one,that due to the horrendous human rights and homophobic nature of the host country we will boycott this event.

If they fly out to Qatar and wear rainbow laces and take the knee it will be a level of hypocrisy beyond contempt..

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 08:48 - Oct 3 with 580 viewssaint68

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 18:45 - Oct 2 by Sadoldgit

It’s great to see so many newly “woke” posters on here. I look forward to them all jumping on Johnson and the cabinet’s backs the next time they cross the line 😉

I think not wanting to see a tournament in a country with such poor human rights is hardly woke..its just common sense and decency

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 09:09 - Oct 3 with 553 viewsSadoldgit

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 08:48 - Oct 3 by saint68

I think not wanting to see a tournament in a country with such poor human rights is hardly woke..its just common sense and decency

So why don’t sportsmen boycott events in Russia and China. You could throw in America for that matter with their poor record on human rights.
The World Cup that should be boycotted on 11:42 - Oct 3 with 522 viewsBicester_North

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 08:37 - Oct 3 by Sadoldgit

None of us started this thread. I do think it raises an important question though. If we are going to start labelling people hypocrites for taking the knee but also going to Qatar, where do you draw the line? Do the knee takers then have to protest about every issue that effects human rights if they want to avoid being called out as a hypocrite?
If, as a by product of this WC, more people start asking questions about the amount of business our government does with these people and the likes of the Saudis, perhaps it is not a bad thing?
Oh, and when did anti racism become a “faux ideology”?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 9:46]

Dear me, what a relentless bore.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 17:43 - Oct 3 with 482 viewsSadoldgit

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 11:42 - Oct 3 by Bicester_North

Dear me, what a relentless bore.

Dear me, you still read my posts and reply to them though. Nothing better to do?
The World Cup that should be boycotted on 20:23 - Oct 3 with 439 viewsKennington

While Qatar is far from ideal, if we’re going to boycott there’s probably a good case for big sporting events bring boycotted in England. Our main business as a nation is questionable finance and making the very wealthy even more wealthy, We sell arms to Saudi Arabia, who use them to bomb Yemen. We have good LGBT legislation but outside of big cities I wonder how safe gays feel here? From my gay mates that’s a big reason why they live in London. Never been to Qatar but over last twenty years I’ve spent a lot of time in UAE and if you’re respectful and don’t act like a dick it’s all good.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 20:58 - Oct 3 with 423 viewsBicester_North

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 20:23 - Oct 3 by Kennington

While Qatar is far from ideal, if we’re going to boycott there’s probably a good case for big sporting events bring boycotted in England. Our main business as a nation is questionable finance and making the very wealthy even more wealthy, We sell arms to Saudi Arabia, who use them to bomb Yemen. We have good LGBT legislation but outside of big cities I wonder how safe gays feel here? From my gay mates that’s a big reason why they live in London. Never been to Qatar but over last twenty years I’ve spent a lot of time in UAE and if you’re respectful and don’t act like a dick it’s all good.

With the exception of New Zealand, Scandinavia and a handful of other European countries, there would be a case for boycotting sport in just about everywhere else in the world.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 22:12 - Oct 3 with 412 viewsSaintsforeverj

The thing is, if you are going to choose a country to hold a world event, you don't choose a country that kills gay people and has terrible human rights issues. It was also wrong when they held the football in Russia and the Olympics in China. No country is perfect, but many don't kill people for being gay.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 22:29 - Oct 3 with 406 viewsSadoldgit

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 22:12 - Oct 3 by Saintsforeverj

The thing is, if you are going to choose a country to hold a world event, you don't choose a country that kills gay people and has terrible human rights issues. It was also wrong when they held the football in Russia and the Olympics in China. No country is perfect, but many don't kill people for being gay.

So is that the criteria for a boycott? Surely State sponsored murder is wrong whether the person murdered is gay or not?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2021 9:37]
Login to get fewer ads

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 09:30 - Oct 4 with 361 viewsMessysaints

The World Cup that should be boycotted on 10:47 - Oct 2 by DellHero_Would

The “Woke Brigade” are very selective on what we must be offended and outraged by. That bell end Hamilton pockets around 30 million a year from a company knee deep in slavery, however they are the wrong type of slaves so it doesn’t count..That twãt Linacre will be over there and so will all the kneeling morons, filling their pockets with cash.

That bellened Hamilton has done more good causes than most of football players and isnt scared to use his own money to help fund the issues he is trying to solve.

Least he dont appeal to the public to presure the goverment to help kids while milking his own fans and getting a knighthood while spending 0 of his own money and buying all the local houses up so poorer people cant afford them and then rents them out at 3 times the going rate.. sounds like a manchester united player no???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024