Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! 08:35 - Oct 31 with 8545 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56144/russell-martin-‘

Haynesy’s hairdryer click above
Subscribe to us on Twitter below

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:18 - Oct 31 with 577 viewsItchySphincter

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 10:17 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

You can address it if you like, but you won’t be correct of course.

I have shown in great detail how the style has changed. Dramatically too.

Having possession and passing doesn’t mean it’s the same style. We passed and had possession under both Rodgers and Laudrup, however the styles were very different.

Surely your football analysis goes further than “we still have possession and we pass so it’s the same”. It’s not.

It has nothing to do with Cooper, and we weren’t long ball under him either. Your post I’m afraid makes very little sense.

You were ‘Cooper this Cooper that, Cooper was amazing, we should play long ball, be pragmatic like Cooper, new manager shouldn’t need time……etc,etc’. All paraphrased of course but all there in black and white for anyone who can be bothered. The more you in double down on this the more silly you look, and that’s on top of any credibility you thought you might have had being shot to pieces.

Enjoy the football kid, worry less about being a message board star. ;)

x

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:27 - Oct 31 with 553 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:18 - Oct 31 by ItchySphincter

You were ‘Cooper this Cooper that, Cooper was amazing, we should play long ball, be pragmatic like Cooper, new manager shouldn’t need time……etc,etc’. All paraphrased of course but all there in black and white for anyone who can be bothered. The more you in double down on this the more silly you look, and that’s on top of any credibility you thought you might have had being shot to pieces.

x

Oooh you will have to get some direct quotes for me there squire, that sounds like you have yet again read what you wanted rather than what was actually written… hence why you have said “paraphrased” - in other words, never said.

I (correctly) said that we needed to be more pragmatic in defence when faced with the press. Which we are now, as our third goal against Cardiff showed with Flynn Downes hoof down the right flank. At no point did I mention Cooper.

That’s your sensitivity to Cooper that assumed that it was connected. I just had this very conversation with Resolven.

I did say a new manager shouldn’t need the amount of time being suggested (4 transfer windows) and maintain that. Has anything shown that to be incorrect then? If so, what?

I did say Cooper was a fantastically successful manager and continues to be of course. Has something shown this to be incorrect? If so, what?

Doubling down on all of the above only shows me to be doubly correct, unless of course you can show me to be wrong on any points you raised. Which you can’t.

You don’t have to try to be a forum star, you just either have it or you don’t. Considering your obsession with my posts, something tells me I have it, kid.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:34 - Oct 31 with 550 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:18 - Oct 31 by ItchySphincter

x

A few on here pining after Cooper, don't know why, he's gone, just like RM will be in the future, I do miss Roberto mind
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:38 - Oct 31 with 537 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:34 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

A few on here pining after Cooper, don't know why, he's gone, just like RM will be in the future, I do miss Roberto mind

Why everything is brought round to Cooper is bizarre.

I think people are battling with their own past comments now he’s proving people wrong. Literally every conversation they have, Cooper is brought into it.

If someone thinks we should be more direct, then they say “you said you want us to be like Cooper”.

*Steve Cooper living rent free in peoples heads since 2019.*

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:42 - Oct 31 with 527 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:38 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Why everything is brought round to Cooper is bizarre.

I think people are battling with their own past comments now he’s proving people wrong. Literally every conversation they have, Cooper is brought into it.

If someone thinks we should be more direct, then they say “you said you want us to be like Cooper”.

*Steve Cooper living rent free in peoples heads since 2019.*

You are pining admit it, you were a Cooperball happy clapper, I'm just pleased the board and owners were brave.
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:45 - Oct 31 with 514 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:42 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

You are pining admit it, you were a Cooperball happy clapper, I'm just pleased the board and owners were brave.

I’m pining for competing at the top of the table, don’t care who is manager as long as they are delivering results in keeping with the quality of the squad.

I was absolutely supportive of Steve Cooper, yes, as I am for any successful Swansea manager.

That will never change.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:53 - Oct 31 with 505 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:42 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

I must stress here, Cooper leaving was not down to the board but Cooper himself.

Cooper wanted more money than was being planned and ultimately he was not willing to accept the difficult challenge ahead, he knew a mid table season at best was ahead and didn't want his reputation knocked.

The club just didn't want to leave him go whilst still under contract and not receive a compensation fee if/when he got another job so that is why the mutual agreement was put out by the club.

Cooper didn't fancy it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:55 - Oct 31 with 492 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:53 - Oct 31 by magicdaps10

I must stress here, Cooper leaving was not down to the board but Cooper himself.

Cooper wanted more money than was being planned and ultimately he was not willing to accept the difficult challenge ahead, he knew a mid table season at best was ahead and didn't want his reputation knocked.

The club just didn't want to leave him go whilst still under contract and not receive a compensation fee if/when he got another job so that is why the mutual agreement was put out by the club.

Cooper didn't fancy it.

In your opinion of course, you did just make that up.

I must stress that.

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:59 - Oct 31 with 492 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:53 - Oct 31 by magicdaps10

Cooper didn't fancy it.

That's not really Bourne out by fact and reality though is it?

If Cooper 'didnt fancy it' he could have walked away with nothing. What we know happened is that he was kept being paid!

And to pay someone who you perceive 'not fancying it' in the hope that he'd get another job elsewhere is a very risky and unlikely strategy.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:59 - Oct 31 with 492 viewsTreforys_Jack

Of course he was booted daps, we were still paying his wages until he went to Forest, can you see that happening if he decided he didn't want to be manager any more.
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:02 - Oct 31 with 478 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:59 - Oct 31 by Chief

That's not really Bourne out by fact and reality though is it?

If Cooper 'didnt fancy it' he could have walked away with nothing. What we know happened is that he was kept being paid!

And to pay someone who you perceive 'not fancying it' in the hope that he'd get another job elsewhere is a very risky and unlikely strategy.

Indeed.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:02 - Oct 31 with 484 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:59 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

Of course he was booted daps, we were still paying his wages until he went to Forest, can you see that happening if he decided he didn't want to be manager any more.

Yea exactly. Keep paying a manager who was linked to other clubs but not hired by them, a manager who apparently didn't fancy the Swansea City challenge, just in case some other club decides to hire him. Laughable.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:04 - Oct 31 with 470 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:02 - Oct 31 by Chief

Yea exactly. Keep paying a manager who was linked to other clubs but not hired by them, a manager who apparently didn't fancy the Swansea City challenge, just in case some other club decides to hire him. Laughable.

He has Cooperitis.

His success at Forest is making it flare up. There is a lot of it going around it seems, masks must be worn at all times as it can transmit via posts 😷

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:05 - Oct 31 with 476 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 14:59 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

They would have lost more if they done that Tref.
With 12 months left on his contract and the compensation in place, the only gamble was him getting a job in the 12 months left of his contract.

Even if Cooper just walked, club would have still had a compo fee as he was still under contract.

He went because he wanted reassurances that the club were not willing to rubber stamp... Cooper was worried about his rep and totally disregarded the clubs position and this was when the working relationship fell apart.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:08 - Oct 31 with 467 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:05 - Oct 31 by magicdaps10

With 12 months left on his contract and the compensation in place, the only gamble was him getting a job in the 12 months left of his contract.

Even if Cooper just walked, club would have still had a compo fee as he was still under contract.

He went because he wanted reassurances that the club were not willing to rubber stamp... Cooper was worried about his rep and totally disregarded the clubs position and this was when the working relationship fell apart.

I disagree, that's very unlikely. He was put on gardening leave for me. But hey ho what do any of us know for fact.
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:09 - Oct 31 with 458 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:08 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

I disagree, that's very unlikely. He was put on gardening leave for me. But hey ho what do any of us know for fact.

We know lots of it’s fact.

Not much if it’s made up.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:10 - Oct 31 with 462 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:09 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

We know lots of it’s fact.

Not much if it’s made up.

Which bits are fact ? Us continuing to pay his wages ?
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:10 - Oct 31 with 462 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:05 - Oct 31 by magicdaps10

I can't see why the club would need to pay someone off if that person chose to walk away even if they were under contract.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:13 - Oct 31 with 454 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:10 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

Which bits are fact ? Us continuing to pay his wages ?

Him being a manager that equalled a club record for points gained in a single Championship season.

Him getting back to back play off finishes, the only manager to get us to the championship playoffs other than Brendan Rodgers.

Him going at 2.05 points per game at Forest and 1.73 points per game for us last season.

That’s what we know. The rest is made up.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:18 - Oct 31 with 452 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:13 - Oct 31 by Dr_Parnassus

Him being a manager that equalled a club record for points gained in a single Championship season.

Him getting back to back play off finishes, the only manager to get us to the championship playoffs other than Brendan Rodgers.

Him going at 2.05 points per game at Forest and 1.73 points per game for us last season.

That’s what we know. The rest is made up.

Err , I was talking about the circumstances regarding him leaving.
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:20 - Oct 31 with 450 viewsmagicdaps10

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:10 - Oct 31 by Chief

I can't see why the club would need to pay someone off if that person chose to walk away even if they were under contract.

He was not going to walk away, he just made unrealistic demands and made the working relationship unworkable.

Cooper put the club in a situation and the club were never going to sack him as the compensation wouldn't be forthcoming.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:21 - Oct 31 with 443 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:18 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

Err , I was talking about the circumstances regarding him leaving.

I wasn’t.

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:25 - Oct 31 with 446 viewsChief

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:20 - Oct 31 by magicdaps10

He was not going to walk away, he just made unrealistic demands and made the working relationship unworkable.

Cooper put the club in a situation and the club were never going to sack him as the compensation wouldn't be forthcoming.

What were these unrealistic demands you speak of? If he didn't like that the demands weren't granted he could have walked away Scott free. He didn't.

Demands or not the club however could have sacked him which would result in pay off or keep on getting paid, which is what actually happened.

Compensation that they couldn't know would come. After all, why an apparent coward like Cooper take a challenge at a troubled relegation threatened club like Forest?

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:29 - Oct 31 with 442 viewsTreforys_Jack

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:25 - Oct 31 by Chief

What were these unrealistic demands you speak of? If he didn't like that the demands weren't granted he could have walked away Scott free. He didn't.

Demands or not the club however could have sacked him which would result in pay off or keep on getting paid, which is what actually happened.

Compensation that they couldn't know would come. After all, why an apparent coward like Cooper take a challenge at a troubled relegation threatened club like Forest?

Agreed , club is a basket case, but maybe Cooper thought the only way is up with Forest, whereas we were on the slide without Ayew. Still think he was placed on gardening leave by the club.
Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:32 - Oct 31 with 434 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russell Martin ‘ I told you we would get better’ We told you too ! on 15:29 - Oct 31 by Treforys_Jack

Agreed , club is a basket case, but maybe Cooper thought the only way is up with Forest, whereas we were on the slide without Ayew. Still think he was placed on gardening leave by the club.

Coopers record without Ayew was unwavering. Think we averaged the form without him that would have amassed 78 points over the course of the season if sustained. Under Cooper we remained unaffected by Ayews absence, 1 defeat in the games he wasn’t available over the course of two seasons.

Also leaving a club because it has no Ayew to go to another club that has no Ayew seems a little strange. Especially one bottom of the league with extremely high expectations with no transfer window.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024