Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action 22:01 - Nov 20 with 34985 viewsaberhugh

The violent scenes today in the East stand are a disgrace and were instigated by a group who have in the past displayed openly racist behaviour. During the Cardiff game my daughter and I called out two of this group for shouting racist insults which were vile. Prior to this she had spoken to them about booing taking the knee to which the reply was 'It's political'
Following the game I e-mailed the club with detailed information about the racist behaviour of this group. There was also health and safety concerns regarding these people standing on seats and when we scored and falling on to supporters in front of them and injuring one guy.
I made it clear that I felt this behaviour would be repeated and some overt stewarding would be required with senior stewards present. If my suggestions had been implemented decisive intervention today when the flags were displayed would have prevented the violent scenes. I feel let down by the club and unsupported when tackling racism on the terraces. Lots of fine words before the Cardiff game have not been backed up by action to root out racists. The club must support the fans when they call out racist behaviour as well as their players. My wife tackled them today about booing taking the knee.
I exchanged a number of e-mails with people in the club and identified the problem and perpetrators. The club must now take action to stop this blatant racism and protect the health and safety of supporters. It is time they took seriously their duty of care to us and not leave it to us to police people's behaviour.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:54 - Nov 22 with 1442 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:42 - Nov 22 by owainglyndwr

That's fine crack on ...but I think you will find that support for Swansea City will drop ,
We can be going down a slippery slope here ...
Some people are not frightened by the boys with the union flag, but just can't be bothered

Support for our club will never fall off because of this issue mate, we are swansea regardless.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:55 - Nov 22 with 1440 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:51 - Nov 22 by Chief

Why were people forceably ejected then? Are you trying to claim no punches were thrown?

Videos ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:57 - Nov 22 with 1434 viewstrampie

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:46 - Nov 22 by Dewi1jack

Guess Trampie will be reporting me and others for being British, not voting Labour/ Plaid (so not allowing them the chance to govern the World) and discriminating against the real Swans fans by taking their seat then.

You are quite safe Dewi, I'm not one for reporting anyone.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:59 - Nov 22 with 1426 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:55 - Nov 22 by 73__73

Videos ?

I'm not going to post videos of violence involving Swansea fans sorry. But they're out on there on twitter.

Don't know if you're confusing it with a different incident but plenty of other posters have described what happened on this thread and others and their accounts include violence.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:02 - Nov 22 with 1411 views73__73

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:59 - Nov 22 by Chief

I'm not going to post videos of violence involving Swansea fans sorry. But they're out on there on twitter.

Don't know if you're confusing it with a different incident but plenty of other posters have described what happened on this thread and others and their accounts include violence.

A minute ago you were basking in the so called violence from the idiots who weren’t happy with the Union flag. Are you bipolar by any chance ?

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:04 - Nov 22 with 1407 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:02 - Nov 22 by 73__73

A minute ago you were basking in the so called violence from the idiots who weren’t happy with the Union flag. Are you bipolar by any chance ?

I'm not basking in any violence. It shouldn't have happened and hope it doesn't again.

But it did and I'm sure there'll be some bans handed out.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:09 - Nov 22 with 1389 viewsKeithHaynes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:04 - Nov 22 by Chief

I'm not basking in any violence. It shouldn't have happened and hope it doesn't again.

But it did and I'm sure there'll be some bans handed out.

The guy who was waving his union flag in peoples faces is definitely getting some form of ban.
As I said in the article, had he just gone home quietly nothing would have happened. To be honest if it had been a duvet from Matalan somebody would have taken offence. Getting stuff waved in your face does annoy.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:21 - Nov 22 with 1378 viewsDewi1jack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:54 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

Support for our club will never fall off because of this issue mate, we are swansea regardless.

Correct.

We sing "we're Swansea till we die" not "Wales/ British till we die"
Club above country every time.

I personally am a very unhappy camper when any of our lads get injured on International duty and miss being available for us.
Couldn't give a donald if they can't go on international duty because they've been injured trying to help us stay in the league/ get promotion/ win the cuppahh etc

But just to play devils advocate here.
If English/ British/ Europeans aren't welcome in Wales to watch a Welsh team, shouldn't the Welsh international team only play for Welsh clubs?
You know, Dale from some godforsaken league of Wales club, instead of Bale from some godforsaken Spanish club?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Login to get fewer ads

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:44 - Nov 22 with 1353 viewsReslovenSwan1

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:21 - Nov 22 by Dewi1jack

Correct.

We sing "we're Swansea till we die" not "Wales/ British till we die"
Club above country every time.

I personally am a very unhappy camper when any of our lads get injured on International duty and miss being available for us.
Couldn't give a donald if they can't go on international duty because they've been injured trying to help us stay in the league/ get promotion/ win the cuppahh etc

But just to play devils advocate here.
If English/ British/ Europeans aren't welcome in Wales to watch a Welsh team, shouldn't the Welsh international team only play for Welsh clubs?
You know, Dale from some godforsaken league of Wales club, instead of Bale from some godforsaken Spanish club?

We were singing hymns and arias 'land of my fathers' ar hyd yr nos .

I m not sure what 'land of my fathers' refers to and there is some foreign stuff at the end of the song. Never understood it my dad was from Birmingham.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 00:15 - Nov 23 with 1329 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 23:44 - Nov 22 by ReslovenSwan1

We were singing hymns and arias 'land of my fathers' ar hyd yr nos .

I m not sure what 'land of my fathers' refers to and there is some foreign stuff at the end of the song. Never understood it my dad was from Birmingham.

Birmingham, Alabama?

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 01:13 - Nov 23 with 1300 viewsKilkennyjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 13:53 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

I’d say the vast majority of Swans fans share a broad, unionist outlook, Tramp. It’s just not everybody feels the need to flag waggle.

Yes agreed - but only if you speak to fans over 50.

The vast majority of our support votes Welsh Labour or Plaid.
They reject the current form of unionism in its entirety.

Beware of the Risen People

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 01:23 - Nov 23 with 1300 viewsKilkennyjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:05 - Nov 22 by Catullus

School me? That's hysterical It was I who pointed out to you that Wales was only recognised as a country in 2011. Until then you had been insisting Wales always was a country.

Besides which I haven't said Wales isn't a country I have just schooled you that the UK is actually a UN recognised country. read this,

https://www.thoughtco.com/country-state-and-nation-1433559

Taken from that....The word country can be used to mean the same thing as state, sovereign state, or nation-state. It can also be used in a less political manner to refer to a region or cultural area that has no governmental status. Examples include Wine Country (the grape-growing area of northern California) and Coal Country (the coal-mining region of Pennsylvania).

So Kilky, when you recognise the UK as a sovereign state, you can recognise it as a country too. I know you won't have that though.

Ironic really, you want Wales restored to a previous historic position yet the historic position when Welsh regions were nearly entirely unified, under Hywel Dda was fealty to England and King Athelstan.

You have never schooled me Kilky and throwing something at me that I originally told you is actually very funny.

And now though, lets try and keep it on topic, we're hijacking a thread and that's not fair.

Racism needs to be stopped, this flag issue is being investigated. if they need to ban all fags because people cannot behave will be a sad but necessary action. With all the cameras in grounds these days it wouldn't surprise me if people got banned.

Wales has been a country for many centuries.
2011 just informed the morons who insisted wales was some sort of Principality, somehow of lesser status than England and Scotland.
Please try to keep up.

You get born Welsh, English, Irish, or Scottish.
Thats it.
The British part is a political construct/state.
Originally used to assert and project English power over the celts, supported by force if needed.
Soon that political state will be dismantled by the celtic nations through democratic means.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 01:32 - Nov 23 with 1298 viewsKilkennyjack

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 12:52 - Nov 22 by Dewi1jack

I ask owners/ supporters of Welsh independence flying the flag just the one thing

"How would Wales support itself without an injection of money from the English taxpayer?"
Then laugh at them when they flounder around for any sort of logical answer

Like most Forces/ ex forces, my nationality when I'm asked is British Welsh.
Both as important as each other in my humble opinion and has been since I wrote the cheque to the Queen for loyalty at any price up to and including 1 life.

No time for any terrorist supporters for any denomination.
Red Hand gang? Keep your sh1te out of our football ground.
(Your flag is down the front by the hoardings in the front BTW. Or it was when I left it there Saturday )
BLM? Shove your fist salute up your arze you racist, terrorist b'stards
Free Wales army? Burn your own house down.
Free Palestine? With how many tokens?
And so on.
(Awaits the "you're fuken racist comments!!)

No flag with any political statement/ badge written/ embroidered on it should be in a football ground.
Or sports ground for that matter.
Only flags with the club name/ town area name on them.
And it doesn't fuken matter if it's the UJ provided the person is a Swans fan

Hi Dewi,

Try listening instead of laughing as the case for welsh independence is sound.
Ask John.

Perhaps instead you might want to laugh at .. the English Tory party that thought Johnson was a good PM, Brexit was a good idea, and that wide scale Tory corruption during a global pandemic was their right.

🤮🇬🇧

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 06:27 - Nov 23 with 1241 viewsWhiterockin

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 01:13 - Nov 23 by Kilkennyjack

I think that the majority of our supporters do not vote Welsh Labour or Plaid, they don't see enough value in either party to even vote. If you go by the 2021 turnout of 47%.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 07:31 - Nov 23 with 1217 viewsSwanseaman

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 01:13 - Nov 23 by Kilkennyjack

So you're saying the vast majority over 50 support unionism and the majority under 50 support Welsh independence?

What is the overall majority for all ages combined? Because saying that the majority under 50 support Welsh independence therefore Union Jack flags should not be in the stadium doesn't make any sense.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:07 - Nov 23 with 1188 viewsLoyalSwansea

No one was flicking the v signs!

How can waving them union flag upset so much! They weren’t so clever when the lads give it back until more and more of the east stand got involved especially the coward stealing one on someone from behind then running!

The union flag is often seen outside the railway on match day funny how none of these lads seem to have a problem with it then when drinking side by side with the same lads inside the pub!

The old people who have a problem are the ones with the facist views towards said flag no other flag is a problem because it doesn’t suit their agenda to buddy up with c&nts up the road on international duty.

You seem to keep calling out these lads also in various posts, make sure you pass these views on if your ever in the railway
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:11 - Nov 23 with 1183 viewsLoyalSwansea

If he receives any ban from waving a flag then they’re setting a very dangerous tone on this

The only ones banned should be those throwing punches, if it was home vs away fans they’d be looking at 3 year ban so the same punishment should be set

You cannot get angry over a bloody flag with swansea city written on it
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:22 - Nov 23 with 1175 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 01:23 - Nov 23 by Kilkennyjack

2011 just informed the morons who insisted wales was some sort of Principality, somehow of lesser status than England and Scotland.
Please try to keep up.

Thats it.
Originally used to assert and project English power over the celts, supported by force if needed.
Soon that political state will be dismantled by the celtic nations through democratic means.

“You get born Welsh, English, Irish, or Scottish.
Thats it.”

But the islands themselves are known collectively as the British isles so of course you’re British too. It’s like someone born in Egypt is also African or a Norwegian is a Scandinavian.

Even if we all went our separate ways we’d still all be British.
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:53 - Nov 23 with 1156 viewsowainglyndwr

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:43 - Nov 22 by 73__73

Bollocks. If that was a load of lads it would have kicked off, which it didn’t.
I saw the incident. As Keith said why hasn’t the large Union flag on half way been messed with ?
Hopefully there will be loads of British flags there on Saturday

Hopefully there will not be,
By the way I pass the large one and just pass it..
Don't like the flag and I don't have any affiliation to it..

But does that make me scared or frightened of the boys ,,, no mate ..we don't get involved even though we have some very tuff boys that travel with us...
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:56 - Nov 23 with 1154 viewsowainglyndwr

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:51 - Nov 22 by Chief

Why were people forceably ejected then? Are you trying to claim no punches were thrown?

The boy with the union flag got hit from all over place when being taking out of the ground, the stupid thing is security shut the doors making it worse.
We we're trying to get out and home to catch the Wales v Oz match
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:04 - Nov 23 with 1146 viewsowainglyndwr

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 22:54 - Nov 22 by KeithHaynes

I'm not sure of that Keith , a lot of people in the valleys are not unionists but turn a blind eye to it, we were taking about this and if it did escalate, I think people wouldn't bother ..
I suppose we will see how this pans out
Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:30 - Nov 23 with 1122 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 08:07 - Nov 23 by LoyalSwansea

No one was flicking the v signs!

How can waving them union flag upset so much! They weren’t so clever when the lads give it back until more and more of the east stand got involved especially the coward stealing one on someone from behind then running!

The union flag is often seen outside the railway on match day funny how none of these lads seem to have a problem with it then when drinking side by side with the same lads inside the pub!

The old people who have a problem are the ones with the facist views towards said flag no other flag is a problem because it doesn’t suit their agenda to buddy up with c&nts up the road on international duty.

You seem to keep calling out these lads also in various posts, make sure you pass these views on if your ever in the railway

Well someone on here posted that it did get heated outside the railway. There's strong views on both sides which is why don't think either side will ever agree on.

There was provocation, there was a response which has bubbling under the surface for while. Neither was a good thing.

Hopefully the loyalist aspect gets sorted by the club and both militant move on and tolerate the non politicised flags. A civil war within the fanbase is going to ruin the experience for everyone.

And I don't think there's much buddying up going on at Wales games! So don't know where you got that impression. There's incidents most games and is slowly getting worse.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:33 - Nov 23 with 1117 viewsChief

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:04 - Nov 23 by owainglyndwr

I'm not sure of that Keith , a lot of people in the valleys are not unionists but turn a blind eye to it, we were taking about this and if it did escalate, I think people wouldn't bother ..
I suppose we will see how this pans out

I think it fall off because people especially with kids won't want to go to games in an atmosphere where it could kick off amongst our own fanbase.

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 10:32 - Nov 23 with 1074 viewsonehunglow

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 09:33 - Nov 23 by Chief

I think it fall off because people especially with kids won't want to go to games in an atmosphere where it could kick off amongst our own fanbase.

The way fellow fans on here disrespect others is indicative of our problems.

Whether it’s a flag issue or a centre half or someone s favourite player ,we truly do look a rabble at times .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 11:29 - Nov 23 with 1044 viewsCatullus

Racist behaviour and a lack of club action on 01:23 - Nov 23 by Kilkennyjack

Please try to keep up.

Thats it.

Wales is a political construct, that's how countries come into being, by force of arms or by political construct. Many modern countries didn't exist "many centuries" ago. England itself was not a unified country until King Alfred started the job and he died before England became that country in the year 927, England is a political construct. Wales itself was a loose collection of independent Kingdoms and Lordships until the Act of Union in 1536. That's right Kilky, the English King, Henry VIII established Wales some 600 years after England was a country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/culture/sites/aboutwales/pages/history.shtml

Consider yourself schooled AGAIN!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024