Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today 39 Years Ago 09:34 - Dec 1 with 966 viewsSaintNick

Reading a thread on facebook it turns out that this very evening back in 1982 I was attending The Dead Kennedy's, Peter & The Test Tube Babies and Millions Of Dead Cops at Southampton University.

I have to say it was one of the best gigs i have ever been too, The DK's were explosive, The Test Tube Babies were quite amusing with their lyrics and antics although they were a bit run of the mill in their music and MODC's were an American Hardcore band whose songs all lasted about 45 seconds.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Today 39 Years Ago on 09:45 - Dec 1 with 949 views1885_SFC

I remember seeing Peter & The Test Tube Babies live at The John Peel pub in Gosport where we used to lived back in the late 70's. I recall they were from Brighton as I remember? Great music venue that pub was. Other bands making their way and starting out back then were The Guildford Stranglers (they later dropped the 'Guildford' from their name) and local lad Joe Jackson - who I still listen to these days.

Old School is Cool

Today 39 Years Ago on 16:44 - Dec 1 with 758 viewsdirk_doone

I just had a look at my 1982 diary. On December 1st, I was on the other side of the world, on an ageing Bangladesh Airlines 707, flying to Rangoon. I can still remember that flight vividly. There was a fat stewardess with a bare belly being ordered by an aggressive steward to whisk the drinks trolley through the plane fast enough to prevent any of the passengers getting a drink, because he wanted to sell the unused miniatures on the black market in Burma. But, I did manage to get a Mandalay Beer or two at the Strand Hotel bar later.

Just to think, at that very moment, you were with Dead Kennedys, Dead Cops and Test Tube Babies.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2021 17:17]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Today 39 Years Ago on 17:28 - Dec 1 with 701 viewsPaleRider

Loved the Dead Kennedys and my dad taught one of the Stranglers.
Today 39 Years Ago on 17:37 - Dec 1 with 688 viewsdirk_doone

The only time I ever saw Dead Kennedys was at Arlington National Cemetery.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Today 39 Years Ago on 18:45 - Dec 2 with 552 viewsdarthvader

The Bangles used to sing a song about Arlington ...

Now what was it called..?.

Ah yes . Eternal Flame

keep the faith coyr

Today 39 Years Ago on 21:16 - Dec 2 with 510 viewsSaintNick

Today 39 Years Ago on 17:37 - Dec 1 by dirk_doone

The only time I ever saw Dead Kennedys was at Arlington National Cemetery.

Funnily enough IO have been there too, no sign of Jello Biafra though

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024