Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are throw ins so difficult? 18:13 - Dec 2 with 855 viewssaint901

Last night (leicester) was a good example.

Every time they had a throw, they had players unmarked.

Every time we had a throw it was 50/50 whether we would keep the ball.

And what is the Salisu thing? He ca't reach the danger area and it lands between six and eighteen yard line where three defenders were cuing up to play it into the space Salisu was not occupying.

Just stop doing that.
Why are throw ins so difficult? on 19:00 - Dec 2 with 822 viewsNumber_58

Although it seems a bit implausible, I can only assume the long throws are basically a time wasting thing to allow the players to have a breather while Salisu ambles 50 yards to take them. I think Ralph has realised we can't keep up the press for 90 minutes and so tries to slow the game at every opportunity. Very frustrating to watch.
Why are throw ins so difficult? on 19:13 - Dec 2 with 803 viewsBerber

From always throwing to a player sprinting towards the thrower, we have evolved to apparently not having a plan, and like AMcC wait, wait wait a bit longer, and still have no plan.
Why are throw ins so difficult? on 19:43 - Dec 2 with 788 viewscocklebreath

Yeah the Salisu thing is terrible, every time I was thinking he’s out of position now, it’s nearly as bad as having every player back for opposition corners, we clear it and it comes straight back. Weird tactic, surely having Tella waiting to possibly get the ball would give us a threat on the break

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Why are throw ins so difficult? on 21:07 - Dec 2 with 749 viewsdirk_doone

Salisu needs a lower and more direct trajectory with his throw ins. He needs to whip the ball in rather than lobbing it slowly. If Southampton FC had a first team coach other than Kelvin Davis and David Watson, they could teach him that.

Why are we the only Premier League team with two mediocre/poor goalkeepers as first team coaches?
[Post edited 2 Dec 2021 21:11]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Why are throw ins so difficult? on 14:38 - Dec 3 with 646 viewssaint901

Salisu just doesn't have the distance and if this is a tactic to slow the pace of the game and give the players a break, it's a dangerous one when the ball gets played out to the space he should be. Just not worth it.

McCarthy's distribution is woeful. He's just too slow and when he kicks he is inaccurate. When he tries to be quick, chances are that the player is not ready and is immediately in trouble.

Never really thought about whether having ex keepers as coaches make a difference. All coaches at elite level have the same courses to take to get a licence but perhaps they remain coloured by position in their playing days? If so, I would have thought that getting the ball away from the box and a keeper with kicking issues would have been a priority.
Why are throw ins so difficult? on 16:43 - Dec 3 with 601 viewsCity_boy

I do chuckle when I see Salisu line up for a long throw as if he is going to launch one like Rory Delap, then sends it 10yds.
Why are throw ins so difficult? on 02:17 - Dec 4 with 500 viewsdarthvader

Why are throw ins so difficult? on 16:43 - Dec 3 by City_boy

I do chuckle when I see Salisu line up for a long throw as if he is going to launch one like Rory Delap, then sends it 10yds.

Just be nice for the nearest bloke to throw it quickly up the line into space .For AA or someone with pace to run on to it . I think we have done it once this season and had a dangerous attack from it .

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024