Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two transfer windows for Martin ? 14:06 - Dec 14 with 1999 viewsEagleEye

There seems to be a large number of Martin supporters advocating or suggesting that Martin should be judged after two transfer windows. So, just who is buying in to this ?

There is not a manager in the league who wouldn’t be unhappy with such generosity from its supporters. Meanwhile in the real world most managers have to make do with the resources available. Managers need to earn the right for investment into projects by providing a measure of return on investment. In other words how much do the owners trust the Manager to provide funds balanced against risk. Transfer windows can be a death knell for some managers (Lampard), just occasionally a saving grace

At present Martin is rapidly regressing. After such promise & what appeared to be great progress (WBA, Coventry) the constant chopping & changing (not all of it enforced by illness/injury) is taking us backwards at a rate of knots. Where has Bidwell gone ? Smith,Grimes, Downes in the same midfield ? Manning in front of Bidwell ? Changing winning combinations to play Williams ? Not even a few minutes when beaten for Liam Walsh ? Fulton not even in the match day squads ? Laird looking tired but still being played ? Some of these calls seem totally bizarre to me.

The manager needs to show that he can provide some consistency with his current resources before being backed for even the next transfer window, let alone two imo
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 14:07]
Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 14:13 - Dec 14 with 1968 viewsonehunglow

My opinion is well known although I'm a nobody but ideally this fella should be nowhere near our club pontificating about what players he might want and doesnt want.

He has just given a new contract to a player in Grimes who we cant shift yet hasnt had the wit to offer Piroe an extended contract .We also need to worry about Downes,another meed about;another who need a new contract.

.He has no experience of judgement in a transfer window and our faith in him now extends to what HE thinks. We might bring in another fey goalkeeper insead of an experienced one
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 14:21]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 16:19 - Dec 14 with 1901 viewsCatullus

I put my trust in him initially and want him to succeed. We looked to have turned a big corner but now it looks more like we just went around the block, back to where we started. I live in hope that's it a case of having to take a step back before moving forwards again but that is probably just wishful thinking.

The reality is, we have to give Martin the next window because the squad needs strengthening, so we have to place blind faith in him, for now. Even so, Martin needs to be more pragmatic in his choices. If he is too pig-headed to do so then we are in trouble.

I've already said it elsewhere but right now I am more concerned that Piroe will actively look for a move than about who is coming in.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 16:21 - Dec 14 with 1900 viewsandypitt56

honestly reading some of the messages the last couple of days, its like we are bottom of the league. Stop being so dramatic and chill out!
Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 16:27 - Dec 14 with 1875 viewsCatullus

Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 16:21 - Dec 14 by andypitt56

honestly reading some of the messages the last couple of days, its like we are bottom of the league. Stop being so dramatic and chill out!

Dramatic? Well maybe but without the points deductions we would only be 5 points off the bottom 3 and our form is hardly great.

When are we allowed to be worried?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 16:41 - Dec 14 with 1865 viewsThornburyswan

For me January window yes - that’s ins & outs to be clear - & then the second half of the season to evidence progression with that squad, greater consistency on the pitch & move up to around mid-table at worst.

If that is achieved then for me he gets the summer window with sufficient support to deliver a top 6/8 position with a shot at the play-offs.
Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 16:46 - Dec 14 with 1856 viewsonehunglow

Are you really chilled

Honest

Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 17:32 - Dec 14 with 1816 viewsReslovenSwan1

Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 16:19 - Dec 14 by Catullus

I put my trust in him initially and want him to succeed. We looked to have turned a big corner but now it looks more like we just went around the block, back to where we started. I live in hope that's it a case of having to take a step back before moving forwards again but that is probably just wishful thinking.

The reality is, we have to give Martin the next window because the squad needs strengthening, so we have to place blind faith in him, for now. Even so, Martin needs to be more pragmatic in his choices. If he is too pig-headed to do so then we are in trouble.

I've already said it elsewhere but right now I am more concerned that Piroe will actively look for a move than about who is coming in.

Martin has some issues to solve as demonstrated by the Forest game.

He has a weak goal keeper prone to errors and with slow reflexes.

He has slow centre backs that cannot play outside central positions. He can have one but not two.

He has several players in the 20-23 age group he needs to integrate into the squad with game time. Benda , Brandon Cooper, Latibeaudire, Cullen, Cabango, Obafemi and Walsh. These are players loved by the club and given long term contracts. Similarly Dan Williams, Garrick, Ollie Cooper and Joseph the latter three on loan. He has to develop them or move them on.

Martin seems to like high turnover of transfers. This is not the Swansea way.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 18:36 - Dec 14 with 1773 viewsbritferry

quite right, give the bloke a chance, lets see who he brings in at the transfer window

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Login to get fewer ads

Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 09:48 - Dec 15 with 1705 viewsandypitt56

Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 16:46 - Dec 14 by onehunglow

Are you really chilled

Honest

Yes I am, performances haven't been great granted, but i just think its a blip. we will get back on track, i have 100% confidence in that.
Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 09:56 - Dec 15 with 1695 viewsonehunglow

Two transfer windows for Martin ? on 09:48 - Dec 15 by andypitt56

Yes I am, performances haven't been great granted, but i just think its a blip. we will get back on track, i have 100% confidence in that.

Gawd bless you.
100%.

I packed in smoking a long time ago but I would smoke whatever you are.

I DREAD what Martin could bring us. Im 100% hoping I am wrong.

Anyway,stay safe and keep arguing with me.I d rather people be around to do that than not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024