Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! 16:35 - Jan 9 with 30917 viewsNotLoyal

It’s all here, the English Covid free environment on toast with some good old dripping. Have it with some hock or lamb replacement therapy. Roll on the floor with your positive nouns.It’s the match day thread. It’s a pay on the day away day that day.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56746/jamie-paterson-unl

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56758
David Webb will be the referee when Swansea City take on Huddersfield Town at the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday (3pm). The County Durham official will be taking charge of a Swans game for the third time this season, having had the whistle for the opening-day defeat at Blackburn and the away win at Barnsley. Webb was at the helm of two Swans games last season, awarding a key late spot-kick for Andre Ayew to net a late winner at Stoke, and overseeing a goalless draw against Reading. He will be assisted by Adam Crysell and Matthew Mcgrath, while Neil Hair will be the fourth official.

The game is now pay on the day.
It’s only a fiver !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56760
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56761/a-super-swansea-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56776/carlos-corberán

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 16:42 - Jan 9 with 12457 viewsonehunglow

Great club
Great fans
Great town too.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:12 - Jan 9 with 12422 viewsBadlands

We'r3 a city.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:34 - Jan 9 with 12384 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's hope we get the 3 points we so desperately need to maintain the small 4 point gap we have to the ongoing relegation battle.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:04 - Jan 9 with 12382 viewsGixerJack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:34 - Jan 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's hope we get the 3 points we so desperately need to maintain the small 4 point gap we have to the ongoing relegation battle.

It’s 8 points with a game in hand though
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 01:01 - Jan 10 with 12295 viewssw02sea

At this particular moment in time, after watching that shit show of a “performance” let’s just say I’m not too confident of a W to stop the run of 4 L L L L L’s in a row we now have.
5 consecutive losses would certainly need some explaining in the post match press briefing.
If RM manages to inspire the players enough for even a point, then one baby step forwards would have been achieved.
Then perhaps this cloud of doom that lives over my head on match days, will start to lift ever so slightly.
Please, please Mr Martin give the players a rest from suicide football.
When is the penny going to drop that we ain’t Man City, and we ain’t got the personnel to play like them.
How many L’s in a row is it going to take, before you realise it?
And because of this, how long before the situation becomes Mick McCarthyesque ?
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:23 - Jan 10 with 12158 viewsBadlands

We lost by one goal after extra time to a good hard woking PL team.
We had not played or trained as a whole group for 4 weeks.
They had 10 player but how often do 10 frustrate a full team?
We took 18 shots, 7 on target.
Passing out of defence was outstanding.
Individuals lost concentration for their goals.
When in the PL would we have expected a second tier club to do that well against us?
Given the comments on this game, I'm thinking our stint in the Premier League has damaged the club by turning us into one where some fans support status not the Swans. Entitled. Everything we used to despise in clubs like Leeds, Newcastle, Forest etc.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:29 - Jan 10 with 12015 viewsbuilthjack

£5 entry. Even Harvey's old man can afford that.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:13 - Jan 11 with 11883 viewsjohnlangy

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:34 - Jan 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

dyss - would it be to much to ask that you learn to do simple, five year old level arithmetic before posting on this site again ?

To me the difference between 27 and 19 has always been 8 (points). And the difference between 22 and 23 is 1 (the game the Swans have in hand on Peterborough). And the Swans plus 19 goal difference on Boro is effectively another point.
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 12:19 - Jan 11 with 11860 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:23 - Jan 10 by Badlands

When in the PL would we have expected a second tier club to do that well against us?
Given the comments on this game, I'm thinking our stint in the Premier League has damaged the club by turning us into one where some fans support status not the Swans. Entitled. Everything we used to despise in clubs like Leeds, Newcastle, Forest etc.

"Passing out of defence was outstanding."

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:59 - Jan 11 with 11822 viewsvetchonian

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:23 - Jan 10 by Badlands

What about a club from the 4th tier like Oxford back in 2016, and you seem to have forgotten our quarter final aginst Man City when the officials cheated us out of a Semifinal appearance?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:51 - Jan 11 with 11804 viewsBadlands

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 13:59 - Jan 11 by vetchonian

What about a club from the 4th tier like Oxford back in 2016, and you seem to have forgotten our quarter final aginst Man City when the officials cheated us out of a Semifinal appearance?

I'm sure that made sense .. to you.
I ink only Gomis, Shelvy, Cork and possibly Bartley were regulars out of that line up.
In the normal course of events, away to Huddersfield would be a challenge. I suspect anything other than a 5 goal victory with all goals scored from a goalkeeper or centre back assist will be pilloried.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:33 - Jan 11 with 11712 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:13 - Jan 11 by johnlangy

dyss - would it be to much to ask that you learn to do simple, five year old level arithmetic before posting on this site again ?

To me the difference between 27 and 19 has always been 8 (points). And the difference between 22 and 23 is 1 (the game the Swans have in hand on Peterborough). And the Swans plus 19 goal difference on Boro is effectively another point.

It appears you misread my post. I deliberately said "ongoing relegation battle" - I did not say relegation zone. I consider Hull and Cardiff to be in the ongoing relegation battle. I'm sure most who who examined the table would agree.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:43 - Jan 11 with 11725 viewsshingle

Valid point.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:47 - Jan 11 with 11670 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 18:33 - Jan 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It appears you misread my post. I deliberately said "ongoing relegation battle" - I did not say relegation zone. I consider Hull and Cardiff to be in the ongoing relegation battle. I'm sure most who who examined the table would agree.

We are in a relegation battle Dwight.
We all now it;some admit it some wont.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:55 - Jan 11 with 11679 viewssw02sea

Badlands.
I hope you are right, and I’m completely wrong, honestly.
I have supported my team for 50+ years.
Overseen more dross than you can shake a stick at.
And will admit I wanted Steve Cooper gone, (Cooperball) but at the same time totally admiring the fact, he engineered 2 seasons of us reaching the playoffs, and even into a final.
He obviously knew how to set a team up not to loose, and put a W in the win column, with very limited resources.
You never heard him make excuses (non negotiables) he just got on with the job in hand, even with no backing from the Yanks.

All you seem to here from Martin is excuses.
No preseason, players not fit, I’ve trained them too hard in the 2 week break, 3 games a week, players not carrying out my instructions, and the latest…. RUSSELL MARTIN | WE WERE ARCHITECTS OF OUR OWN DOWNFALL
I googled quotes for excuses, and this one sums him up in my humble opinion ~~>

“Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” ―George Washington Carver
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:22 - Jan 11 with 11640 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 19:55 - Jan 11 by sw02sea

Badlands.
I hope you are right, and I’m completely wrong, honestly.
I have supported my team for 50+ years.
Overseen more dross than you can shake a stick at.
And will admit I wanted Steve Cooper gone, (Cooperball) but at the same time totally admiring the fact, he engineered 2 seasons of us reaching the playoffs, and even into a final.
He obviously knew how to set a team up not to loose, and put a W in the win column, with very limited resources.
You never heard him make excuses (non negotiables) he just got on with the job in hand, even with no backing from the Yanks.

All you seem to here from Martin is excuses.
No preseason, players not fit, I’ve trained them too hard in the 2 week break, 3 games a week, players not carrying out my instructions, and the latest…. RUSSELL MARTIN | WE WERE ARCHITECTS OF OUR OWN DOWNFALL
I googled quotes for excuses, and this one sums him up in my humble opinion ~~>

“Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.” ―George Washington Carver

Great post.Me too
Like you,Ive seen it all,heartache and pain.

I see posters telling people to keep the faith,not to panic,support RM,let him have a chance,give him till the end of the season/next season/a year/2 years .

Depends how much he has demonstrated to justify that.

Has he won lots of points
Has he improved players
Has he significant contacts in the game
Has he improved the players technically
Has he showed he can adjust the team to face what is happening on the field of play.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:00 - Jan 11 with 11630 viewsvetchonian

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 20:22 - Jan 11 by onehunglow

Great post.Me too
Like you,Ive seen it all,heartache and pain.

I see posters telling people to keep the faith,not to panic,support RM,let him have a chance,give him till the end of the season/next season/a year/2 years .

Depends how much he has demonstrated to justify that.

Has he won lots of points
Has he improved players
Has he significant contacts in the game
Has he improved the players technically
Has he showed he can adjust the team to face what is happening on the field of play.

Give him a break he didn't have a full preseason

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:22 - Jan 11 with 11617 viewsKilkennyjack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:00 - Jan 11 by vetchonian

🤣

Beware of the Risen People

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:21 - Jan 12 with 11449 viewsBadlands

Post-Cooper is like Post-Monk they removed footballers from the squad so when a new manager comes in they start at a disadvantage.
I like Martin,s style but can’t say I think much of his man management.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:24 - Jan 12 with 11438 viewsWhiterockin

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 14:21 - Jan 12 by Badlands

Post-Cooper is like Post-Monk they removed footballers from the squad so when a new manager comes in they start at a disadvantage.
I like Martin,s style but can’t say I think much of his man management.

Seems like players from his previous club are happy to rejoin him.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 17:40 - Jan 12 with 11353 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 21:00 - Jan 11 by vetchonian

We know what will happen Saturday and the Russy post match interview contents.

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:35 - Jan 12 with 11213 viewsDr_Parnassus

72% possession. 700 passes.

2-0 defeat sounds familiar. Sadly I’ll have to go with that. I’m losing confidence going into matches.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:54 - Jan 12 with 11199 viewsAndyCole

Another must win game. At the wrong end of the table. So anathema to some of us proper fans accustomed to top quartile.

If we keep on losing in such regressive fashion, game after game, our transfer window could well be scuppered even more than it already has been.

So no matter how many windows Martin needs according to the happy clappers, at this current rate of demise he'll never get the players he needs to play like Manc Citeh.

Let's hope we somehow land the Manc Citeh loan before the weekend, and along with Fisher, Grimes inspires us to an away point.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 09:19 - Jan 13 with 11069 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 22:54 - Jan 12 by AndyCole

Another must win game. At the wrong end of the table. So anathema to some of us proper fans accustomed to top quartile.

If we keep on losing in such regressive fashion, game after game, our transfer window could well be scuppered even more than it already has been.

So no matter how many windows Martin needs according to the happy clappers, at this current rate of demise he'll never get the players he needs to play like Manc Citeh.

Let's hope we somehow land the Manc Citeh loan before the weekend, and along with Fisher, Grimes inspires us to an away point.

We were told to give him
More time
A close season
More players
A window
Two windows
A whole season,
Two seasons

And possibly a job for life as he is one to entrust with all that matters at the club

Just depends on how the damage he causes can be repaired and by whom.

We know how this game will end up and what follows

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 on 11:08 - Jan 13 with 11020 viewsThrasher6

God there's some miserable people on here....jeez..

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024