Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat 16:54 - Jan 22 with 3287 viewsFerryjack123

The boy is unbelievable.. Oozes class
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 08:33 - Jan 23 with 802 viewsEagleEye

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 18:38 - Jan 22 by BillyChong

Silly comment. Downes isn’t there to score goals. Look at the greats in that role - Kante, Makelele, even Leon. None of them are prolific goalscorers and don’t need to be.

Are you saying that adding goals (& assists) to his game will not add value to him ?

All midfielders need to contribute. The best deep lying midfielders in the EPL all have goals & assists in their locker - Fernandinho, Fabinho, Jorghino, even Declan Rice has been told to work on it. To suggest that is not his role is like saying attacking players don’t need to defend, silly comment. First seek to understand then seek to be understood
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 08:42 - Jan 23 with 782 viewsmagicdaps10

Downes is a terrific player.

Some fans touch on him and Grimes being unable to play together, I myself think that they could but at the same time, part of me thinks we should have pushed hard to sell Grimes and the money to strengthen from his sale would have been beneficial to the team strengthening.

I think come the summer, selling Grimes could and maybe should be reconsidered taking into account the stature and performances from Downes.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 09:31 - Jan 23 with 747 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 08:33 - Jan 23 by EagleEye

Are you saying that adding goals (& assists) to his game will not add value to him ?

All midfielders need to contribute. The best deep lying midfielders in the EPL all have goals & assists in their locker - Fernandinho, Fabinho, Jorghino, even Declan Rice has been told to work on it. To suggest that is not his role is like saying attacking players don’t need to defend, silly comment. First seek to understand then seek to be understood

His manager is telling him to hang back. If you want to criticize anyone then take it up with Grimes who has more licence to go forward- but just doesn’t use it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 09:42 - Jan 23 with 730 viewsOptimisticJack

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 08:42 - Jan 23 by magicdaps10

Downes is a terrific player.

Some fans touch on him and Grimes being unable to play together, I myself think that they could but at the same time, part of me thinks we should have pushed hard to sell Grimes and the money to strengthen from his sale would have been beneficial to the team strengthening.

I think come the summer, selling Grimes could and maybe should be reconsidered taking into account the stature and performances from Downes.

Downes is an outstanding prospect and it seems possesses an excellent temperament

Optimisticjack

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 09:45 - Jan 23 with 722 viewsWhiterockin

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 09:42 - Jan 23 by OptimisticJack

Downes is an outstanding prospect and it seems possesses an excellent temperament

I'm also impressed how he can adjust his game and control himself after being booked.
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 10:16 - Jan 23 with 696 viewsonehunglow

Some sportsmen simply stand out with their demeanour and bearing a well as their talent.
Downes is just that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 15:44 - Jan 23 with 634 viewsEagleEye

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 09:31 - Jan 23 by Brynmill_Jack

His manager is telling him to hang back. If you want to criticize anyone then take it up with Grimes who has more licence to go forward- but just doesn’t use it.

I have never criticised Downes, he has been a stand out player since day one. Read the thread, my name is not Andy Cole
The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 16:32 - Jan 23 with 599 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 08:33 - Jan 23 by EagleEye

You get loads of players who don’t get many goals or assists but often make the pass that assists the assist. Or makes the interception that leads to an attack that result in a goal. They often get overlooked because there’s no glitzy table on sky sports for assister of the assist but it doesn’t mean they aren’t contributing to the attack.

Our third goal against Cardiff for example. Patterson got the assist and Bidwell got the goal but the attack was created by Downes leaving that cart horse Kiefer Moore on his arse and playing a long ball to Laird. He doesn’t get any credit on the assists or goals table but he sure as hell contributed.
Login to get fewer ads

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 16:34 - Jan 23 with 596 viewsOptimisticJack

The Flynn Downes Appreciation Threat on 16:32 - Jan 23 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

You get loads of players who don’t get many goals or assists but often make the pass that assists the assist. Or makes the interception that leads to an attack that result in a goal. They often get overlooked because there’s no glitzy table on sky sports for assister of the assist but it doesn’t mean they aren’t contributing to the attack.

Our third goal against Cardiff for example. Patterson got the assist and Bidwell got the goal but the attack was created by Downes leaving that cart horse Kiefer Moore on his arse and playing a long ball to Laird. He doesn’t get any credit on the assists or goals table but he sure as hell contributed.

Leon Britton being an example

Optimisticjack

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024