Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO 18:01 - Jan 26 with 40512 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:41 - Jan 26 with 2011 viewsguthrieintherain

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:37 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

Maybe that was Silverstein’s actual reason for his visit, and that’s where the funds come from 🤭

Chief, I’m joking 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

Maybe but no idea but Chief has been like a dog with a bone since that article went up

But there is no way the owners will just give the club money not that I would expect them to.

Perhaps it's a late Christmas present 5 million no strings love Jason and Jake
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 22:47]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:42 - Jan 26 with 2010 viewsmax936

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 21:26 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

I still think there's a permanent in there.
Older player, family man.

Does he drink fine wines or Mackeson Shandies, just trying to narrow it down a bit

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:43 - Jan 26 with 2006 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:38 - Jan 26 by guthrieintherain

Yet there are ex trust board members saying they would be very surprised if the legal action now goes ahead.

Hence my skeptical comment.

However as I say the trust have said they are unaware of any additional loan or investment, so if there's any deal, loan or investment isn't part of it.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:44 - Jan 26 with 1999 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:37 - Jan 26 by KeithHaynes

Maybe that was Silverstein’s actual reason for his visit, and that’s where the funds come from 🤭

Chief, I’m joking 👍

It would be more believable if someone involved with the case had come over.....

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:47 - Jan 26 with 1984 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:41 - Jan 26 by guthrieintherain

Maybe but no idea but Chief has been like a dog with a bone since that article went up

But there is no way the owners will just give the club money not that I would expect them to.

Perhaps it's a late Christmas present 5 million no strings love Jason and Jake
[Post edited 26 Jan 2022 22:47]

Everyone no matter their viewpoint seems to be in agreement that they wouldn't just gift the club money.

Which obviously begs the question, if the club has received more money from them, under what terms....

Which is the whole crux of my sustained inquisition.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:52 - Jan 26 with 1972 viewsguthrieintherain

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:47 - Jan 26 by Chief

Everyone no matter their viewpoint seems to be in agreement that they wouldn't just gift the club money.

Which obviously begs the question, if the club has received more money from them, under what terms....

Which is the whole crux of my sustained inquisition.

But fans rarely get to know these details.

Imagine Jim White on deadline day Swansea have just secured the signing of Joe Bloggs for 3 million we are trying to find out the conditions of the loan.

It may come out eventually but most fans are not that bothered on such detail no offence.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:59 - Jan 26 with 1948 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:52 - Jan 26 by guthrieintherain

But fans rarely get to know these details.

Imagine Jim White on deadline day Swansea have just secured the signing of Joe Bloggs for 3 million we are trying to find out the conditions of the loan.

It may come out eventually but most fans are not that bothered on such detail no offence.

Well the last loan the owners put into the club was publicised heavily. We know roughly the amount, the interest rate and period and contributors. (Some details are still sketchy).

But this latest potential cash injection we know nothing, the only reference being this article, which to be honest increases the suspicion. Why the secrecy?

No I take no offence at all, I'm fully aware many don't care, i don't criticise them for it.

People taking time out of their day to criticise me for caring look ridiculously silly though.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 23:53 - Jan 26 with 1872 viewsReslovenSwan1

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:59 - Jan 26 by Chief

Well the last loan the owners put into the club was publicised heavily. We know roughly the amount, the interest rate and period and contributors. (Some details are still sketchy).

But this latest potential cash injection we know nothing, the only reference being this article, which to be honest increases the suspicion. Why the secrecy?

No I take no offence at all, I'm fully aware many don't care, i don't criticise them for it.

People taking time out of their day to criticise me for caring look ridiculously silly though.

It was clearly stated in the open dialogue. I believe if in the last few days a great deal occurs such as with Ntcham and Latibeaudeire Swansea will be able to move fast with an offer.

The club will have targets of player that might be in the last 6 months and liable to be ditched in a last day ditching of talent willing to accept a pay drop or from teams with a serious need to trim the budget.

Silverstein wants bargains in a buyers market for his money. Swansea are not able to sell anyone at the moment which is a worry.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 23:58 - Jan 26 with 1873 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 23:53 - Jan 26 by ReslovenSwan1

It was clearly stated in the open dialogue. I believe if in the last few days a great deal occurs such as with Ntcham and Latibeaudeire Swansea will be able to move fast with an offer.

The club will have targets of player that might be in the last 6 months and liable to be ditched in a last day ditching of talent willing to accept a pay drop or from teams with a serious need to trim the budget.

Silverstein wants bargains in a buyers market for his money. Swansea are not able to sell anyone at the moment which is a worry.

What was clearly stated in the open dialogue?

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 00:15 - Jan 27 with 1852 viewsReslovenSwan1

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 23:58 - Jan 26 by Chief

What was clearly stated in the open dialogue?

From the structured dialogue - Julian Winter.

{Ownership know that there needs to be a contribution, we don’t yet know what that amount will be, because we don’t know whether we will trade in January or in the summer, but there is the ability for them to use the loan note to do so. There will be a blend of ownership contribution and trading} .

Why the secrecy? There is cash to spend but potential buyer and fans like you are not going to be told. Saved salaries contribute something for player on loan and Williams and Liard going. Fulton Dhanda and Patterson could also go on loan or be sold in the final day or two or even someone unexpected.

Wise sage since Toshack era

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 06:53 - Jan 27 with 1751 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 00:15 - Jan 27 by ReslovenSwan1

From the structured dialogue - Julian Winter.

{Ownership know that there needs to be a contribution, we don’t yet know what that amount will be, because we don’t know whether we will trade in January or in the summer, but there is the ability for them to use the loan note to do so. There will be a blend of ownership contribution and trading} .

Why the secrecy? There is cash to spend but potential buyer and fans like you are not going to be told. Saved salaries contribute something for player on loan and Williams and Liard going. Fulton Dhanda and Patterson could also go on loan or be sold in the final day or two or even someone unexpected.

It's possible, but there's no evidence or confirmation that this is that.

And yes I suppose they're keeping it secret as a negotiation tactic.

I presume they'll provide the full details once the transfer window shuts in that case.

Although your last few sentences then suggests it's players leaving that is going to provide funds?

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 07:42 - Jan 27 with 1714 viewsThornburyswan

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 22:18 - Jan 26 by Chief

Yea that's possible, although to me that scenario leans to more the owners being reluctant to sanction buys using the club's own funds. Which doesn't tally with the article which referenced investment from our owners. Maybe I'm looking into it too much I don't know, but I am taking the words at face value.

Agree & I believe they are reluctant to sanction buys unless they see a clear fit with RM & the clubs strategy plus potential for an uplift on a future sale of that player e.g, Piroe, Downes, Ntcham etc - otherwise loans or freebies that fit within the wages bill will be preferred.

O’Riley was clearly a fit but each player/opportunity will be assessed on his own fit with that.

On funds for me the only additional money is the Macquarie facility of £5.5M secured against the final two Rodon payments, technically a debt/loan but the repayment (excluding fees & interest) are covered by the Spurs payments of 2 x £2.75M due in October 2022 £ 2023.

That said the reality of the Championship tv/ticket/merch/commercial/match day incomes vs cost of running the club is always in deficit so there are only three routes to raise further funds owners money, bank debt & player sales - Banks has a very cautious tag on lending into this space so unless there is viable free security the other two routes are the only realistic options.
TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 08:42 - Jan 27 with 1629 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 07:42 - Jan 27 by Thornburyswan

Agree & I believe they are reluctant to sanction buys unless they see a clear fit with RM & the clubs strategy plus potential for an uplift on a future sale of that player e.g, Piroe, Downes, Ntcham etc - otherwise loans or freebies that fit within the wages bill will be preferred.

O’Riley was clearly a fit but each player/opportunity will be assessed on his own fit with that.

On funds for me the only additional money is the Macquarie facility of £5.5M secured against the final two Rodon payments, technically a debt/loan but the repayment (excluding fees & interest) are covered by the Spurs payments of 2 x £2.75M due in October 2022 £ 2023.

That said the reality of the Championship tv/ticket/merch/commercial/match day incomes vs cost of running the club is always in deficit so there are only three routes to raise further funds owners money, bank debt & player sales - Banks has a very cautious tag on lending into this space so unless there is viable free security the other two routes are the only realistic options.

"On funds for me the only additional money is the Macquarie facility of £5.5M secured against the final two Rodon payments, technically a debt/loan but the repayment (excluding fees & interest) are covered by the Spurs payments of 2 x £2.75M due in October 2022 £ 2023."

I'm not doubting that or any other part of your post, but that it's patently distinct from 'investment' from the owners, as implied in the article.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 08:49 - Jan 27 with 1621 viewsThornburyswan

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 08:42 - Jan 27 by Chief

"On funds for me the only additional money is the Macquarie facility of £5.5M secured against the final two Rodon payments, technically a debt/loan but the repayment (excluding fees & interest) are covered by the Spurs payments of 2 x £2.75M due in October 2022 £ 2023."

I'm not doubting that or any other part of your post, but that it's patently distinct from 'investment' from the owners, as implied in the article.

Fair point Chief I guess my interpretation is that as the owners are signing off on the MacQuarie facility & potentially allowing some of it to be used this month the term ‘investment’ is being used more liberally.

That said I fully expect further CLN monies to be made available at some point in the future.
TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 09:49 - Jan 27 with 1538 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 08:49 - Jan 27 by Thornburyswan

Fair point Chief I guess my interpretation is that as the owners are signing off on the MacQuarie facility & potentially allowing some of it to be used this month the term ‘investment’ is being used more liberally.

That said I fully expect further CLN monies to be made available at some point in the future.

This is where the I think deliberate at times conflation of the term 'investment' comes into it. it's been used interchangeably over recent years by journalists/the owners for share purchases and loaning the club money both of which has happened and also something whereby the club itself gains in funds it doesn't have to repay. Thus hasn't happened yet.

The article on opinion though also places this 'investment' as separate to the Rodon funding also.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 09:55 - Jan 27 with 1528 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 09:49 - Jan 27 by Chief

This is where the I think deliberate at times conflation of the term 'investment' comes into it. it's been used interchangeably over recent years by journalists/the owners for share purchases and loaning the club money both of which has happened and also something whereby the club itself gains in funds it doesn't have to repay. Thus hasn't happened yet.

The article on opinion though also places this 'investment' as separate to the Rodon funding also.

But anyway, although I think funding is a valid contribution to this thread further information regarding it doesn't seem to be forthcoming at this point so I'll leave it there.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 11:09 - Jan 27 with 1449 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56874

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 11:10 - Jan 27 with 1448 viewsguthrieintherain

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 08:42 - Jan 27 by Chief

Maybe the guy who wrote the article used the wrong word in investment.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 11:30 - Jan 27 with 1405 viewsChief

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 11:10 - Jan 27 by guthrieintherain

Maybe the guy who wrote the article used the wrong word in investment.

Possibly. I'd certainly welcome his clarification!

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 14:48 - Jan 27 with 1221 viewsbuilthjack

Its hotting up.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 16:51 - Jan 27 with 1073 viewsmax936

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 11:09 - Jan 27 by KeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56874

Doesn't work hard enough, etc etc

This one needs to be forgotten, ASAP.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 17:03 - Jan 27 with 1042 viewsKeithHaynes

Martin today “We have a clear idea of what we want to do and how we want to do it. There is some finance available but there might have to be more freed up for us to go and do what we really want to do."

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 17:04 - Jan 27 with 1038 viewsonehunglow

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 16:51 - Jan 27 by max936

Doesn't work hard enough, etc etc

This one needs to be forgotten, ASAP.

If he comes,he will have Obafemi to sulk along with ,maybe even the fantastic Paterson.

He s made for Russ

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 17:05 - Jan 27 with 1030 viewsonehunglow

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 17:03 - Jan 27 by KeithHaynes

Martin today “We have a clear idea of what we want to do and how we want to do it. There is some finance available but there might have to be more freed up for us to go and do what we really want to do."

Covers most does that.
He sounds a modern day Chief Constable .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 17:14 - Jan 27 with 1013 viewsThornburyswan

TRANSFER WINDOW STICKERY FICKERY DOO on 17:03 - Jan 27 by KeithHaynes

Sounded like Dhanda was a definite exit & Cooper a strong maybe plus feels like Pato is a goner as soon as someone slaps some cash on the table, that should add some flex to the financial spreadsheet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024