Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strongest lineup 13:46 - Jan 28 with 2907 viewsTipperaryDale

...assuming that's the end of the signings for the window, thinking we could line up like below:

Coleman
O'Keeffe, Downing, O'Connell, Dorsett, Clark
Dooley, Kelly,
Newby, Charman, Campbell

With a strong bench of Lynch, Taylor, Keohane, Odoh, Broadbent, Cashman, Andrews

That to me is a really strong lineup with competition all over the field and options to change the way we play. And what's more, most of these players are our own players as well, not loanees who are going to return to their clubs in May.

On paper, it's the best window in living memory!
Strongest lineup on 14:08 - Jan 28 with 2808 viewsBrierls

Swap Dooley for Keohane (even though we’ve not seen him play much for Dale in midfield) to give a bit more steel.

Swap Newby for Grant or Odoh.

But the squad is looking a lot stronger for sure,
Strongest lineup on 14:19 - Jan 28 with 2756 viewsHullDale

Coleman

O'Keeffe, Downing, O'Connell, Dorsett, Clark

Kelly, Grant

Newby, Charman, Campbell

for me - with Lynch, Taylor, Keohane, Odoh, Broadbent, Dooley, Cashman on the bench.

The back 3 there is strong enough to allow the other 7 to get forward and wreak havoc in the opposition half.

Its also fantastic to see that it feels much more like a RS squad than a BBM one. & only 1 loanee in the starting eleven too (not including Downing as he is OOC in Summer anyway). Full credit to Stockdale & Shan for what looks to be rapid, productive, forward thinking shapeshifting.
Strongest lineup on 16:08 - Jan 28 with 2432 viewsboromat

RS stilling talking about possibly one more coming in yet.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Strongest lineup on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 2304 viewsjonahwhereru

Strongest lineup on 14:08 - Jan 28 by Brierls

Swap Dooley for Keohane (even though we’ve not seen him play much for Dale in midfield) to give a bit more steel.

Swap Newby for Grant or Odoh.

But the squad is looking a lot stronger for sure,

Spot on with Keohane. The lad hardly ever gets to play in midfield for us, but has spent the majority of his career in there.
So far this window has been very good for us. We already know 3 of them can cut it at this level. Just the strike force now needs the opportunity to prove it. They have been signed at good ages as they know this realistically is their last chance to make it at league level. Especially Campbell.
I am now looking up the table rather than down.
Strongest lineup on 18:02 - Jan 28 with 2211 viewsdiver

Where’s Done ? is he injured?
Strongest lineup on 19:02 - Jan 28 with 2071 viewsboromat

Strongest lineup on 17:12 - Jan 28 by jonahwhereru

Spot on with Keohane. The lad hardly ever gets to play in midfield for us, but has spent the majority of his career in there.
So far this window has been very good for us. We already know 3 of them can cut it at this level. Just the strike force now needs the opportunity to prove it. They have been signed at good ages as they know this realistically is their last chance to make it at league level. Especially Campbell.
I am now looking up the table rather than down.

Maybe. I think Keohane has been so good at full back in League One it's difficult to see him go back to central midfield. His time in midfield has predominantly been in League Two.

I don't want to rule it out or put him down but you could deduce from that, that he can play full back at a higher level but can do a job as a central midfielder at this level.

Think while Dooley is doing a decent job there I wouldn't change it. RS is also more likely to want to see Broadbent given an opportunity in midfield I think.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2022 20:29]

Strongest lineup on 19:52 - Jan 28 with 1913 viewsTVOS1907

Strongest lineup on 18:02 - Jan 28 by diver

Where’s Done ? is he injured?

No, but he arguably shouldn't be part of our strongest matchday squad.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Strongest lineup on 20:20 - Jan 28 with 1855 viewsdiver

Strongest lineup on 19:52 - Jan 28 by TVOS1907

No, but he arguably shouldn't be part of our strongest matchday squad.

I thought he had a good game against Bradford
Login to get fewer ads

Strongest lineup on 20:25 - Jan 28 with 1841 viewsTVOS1907

Strongest lineup on 20:20 - Jan 28 by diver

He did, I agree, but we've signed two strikers this week.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Strongest lineup on 20:33 - Jan 28 with 1798 viewsboromat

Strongest lineup on 20:20 - Jan 28 by diver

I do feel a bit for Done. I know it's not a popular opinion but in his cameos this season I think he's performed well. Similar to big Jim.

I wonder if a run of games could have seen them both be more integral this season. Obviously RS is wanting to build his own squad and move forward with younger options, I'm sure they've both contributed off the field.

Strongest lineup on 21:02 - Jan 28 with 1731 viewsrkershaw

Strongest lineup on 20:33 - Jan 28 by boromat

I do feel a bit for Done. I know it's not a popular opinion but in his cameos this season I think he's performed well. Similar to big Jim.

I wonder if a run of games could have seen them both be more integral this season. Obviously RS is wanting to build his own squad and move forward with younger options, I'm sure they've both contributed off the field.

Both Doney n Jim have been excellent servants to our great club but ......... the new era has arisen.........onwards n upwards!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024