Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Women Win In Cup 09:36 - Jan 31 with 343 viewsSaintNick

Our womens team beat Championship side Bristol City 1-0 after extra time at St Mary's yesterday, that wasn't a surprise, we are pumping money into the Ladies side of things, what was though was the crowd, 3,638.

That's a good attendance and shows what could be achieved in the womens game, the problem though is that this was a big well promoted game played at St mary's they usually get a 10th of that in the league.

Pleasing to see though

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton Women Win In Cup on 16:44 - Jan 31 with 265 viewsNumber_58

I went to the game and quite enjoyed it. Bristol City looked much stronger and quicker and could have been out of sight but missed a few chances and Saints came into the game towards the end and made them pay. The standard was ok; they play some neat football but quite often a promising move breaks down due to a poor first touch or wayward pass, which can be quite frustrating to watch (but then again, we often say that about the first team). Interestingly, the right back Millie Mott, who saved a certain goal right at the very end, bears an uncanny resemblance from a distance to Gordon Strachan. Hope we get a home tie and an even bigger crowd in the next round.
Southampton Women Win In Cup on 16:56 - Jan 31 with 258 viewsPaleRider

Southampton Women Win In Cup on 16:44 - Jan 31 by Number_58

I went to the game and quite enjoyed it. Bristol City looked much stronger and quicker and could have been out of sight but missed a few chances and Saints came into the game towards the end and made them pay. The standard was ok; they play some neat football but quite often a promising move breaks down due to a poor first touch or wayward pass, which can be quite frustrating to watch (but then again, we often say that about the first team). Interestingly, the right back Millie Mott, who saved a certain goal right at the very end, bears an uncanny resemblance from a distance to Gordon Strachan. Hope we get a home tie and an even bigger crowd in the next round.

I've only watched clips of the women's games on the Saints website and clearly the standard is some way off the men's game. But what I enjoy is the very obvious team spirit and effort they put in. I hope they get promoted as it can only be a good thing for the club to have a successful women's set up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024