Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Overreaction? 15:48 - Feb 7 with 4431 viewsLittleEnglandJack

In the last 6 games (since we have restarted after our break) we have won 2, lost 2, drawn 2. Over that period we are 13th in the form table. Let's look at who we've played:

Away v Huddersfield (D). They were in good form then, good form since. 6th in the form table, currently 5th in the division.
Home v Preston (W). Unbeaten since we beat them- won 2, drawn 2. 9th in the form table, 11th in the league.
Away v QPR (D). In fantastic form. We are the only team they have failed to beat in their last 6. 1st in form table, 4th in the league.
Away v Hull (L). Had just come off the back of beating Blackburn and Bmouth (2 of top 4). New manager bounce, too. 11th in Form table, 19th in the league (3 points behind us).
Home v Luton (L). Only lost 1 of last 6. 5th in the form table, 9th in the league.
Home v Blackburn (W). Same record in last 6 as us. 14th in the form table, 2nd in the league.

Despite all the whinging and relegation talk, we've objectively done ok results wise since we restarted if you actually consider who we've played. It's been far from perfect but a bit of perspective needed for some?
Overreaction? on 13:43 - Feb 8 with 842 viewspencoedjack

Overreaction? on 06:06 - Feb 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Who said Cooper was better than Laudrup? (Although now you mention it, I would employ Cooper tomorrow over Laudrup, he’s done nothing since leaving us).

If it’s the same post I think you are referring to, that was your lack of understanding of what “the football league” meant and you mistakenly included the Premier League. You then dug yourself into a very deep hole and stuck with it saying that it needs to say “English” football league.

As for the OP’s thread. Where is the overreaction exactly?

I’ve seen a lot of people complain about unfounded negativity… but haven’t really read very much of it.

We have won 2 games out of our last 9 and the comments seem reasonably in keeping with that fact, with most of it coming at a time when we had won 1 in 8 and sat in 19th.

Happy to take a look at some stuff though if you are referring to anything specific.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 6:18]

I stopped reading after I’d employ Cooper over Laudrup

Dear God.
Overreaction? on 13:51 - Feb 8 with 826 viewsDr_Parnassus

Overreaction? on 13:43 - Feb 8 by pencoedjack

I stopped reading after I’d employ Cooper over Laudrup

Dear God.

Really?

Cooper has improved his winning % every season in management and is looking a good bet for a triple back to back play off finish with teams that give him almost nothing to spend.

What would Laudrup do here on a minimal budget? I think you may have dizzy memories affecting your judgement.

He hasn’t managed anyone for 4 years after managing Al Rayyan and before that Lekhwiya. He says he finds management boring and has no desire to continue to manage.

Put it this way, if a Premier League job came up tomorrow, Cooper would be higher on the list than Laudrup who probably wouldn’t even make the shortlist.

Without any shadow of a doubt, not sure how it can be argued.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 14:01]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Overreaction? on 15:00 - Feb 8 with 774 viewsBadlands

Overreaction? on 05:37 - Feb 8 by vetchonian

as Jasper said the criticism has reduced as performances have improved.
dont you think its coincidental that results have changed along with the change is style we have played in recent games with a more mixed approach as opposed to keep ball.
Did I whinge after Saturday's result...see my post below...praise when we get it right

Rovers : Matchday Thread MATCHDAY ! on 19:29 - Feb 5 with 842 views vetchonian

Great team performance we were up against it at the end
do people still think Pato should be sent to the U23s

Cabango was heroic..as were the whole team...purposeful with the ball....well done Russ you may be learning or listening

We haven't changed style other in reaction to going to 10 v 11 while a goal up.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Overreaction? on 15:08 - Feb 8 with 769 viewsvetchonian

Overreaction? on 15:00 - Feb 8 by Badlands

We haven't changed style other in reaction to going to 10 v 11 while a goal up.

You think how we set up and played from kick off on Saturday is the same as we did V Notts Forest?,

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Overreaction? on 15:21 - Feb 8 with 739 viewsSTID2017

Overreaction? on 13:51 - Feb 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Really?

Cooper has improved his winning % every season in management and is looking a good bet for a triple back to back play off finish with teams that give him almost nothing to spend.

What would Laudrup do here on a minimal budget? I think you may have dizzy memories affecting your judgement.

He hasn’t managed anyone for 4 years after managing Al Rayyan and before that Lekhwiya. He says he finds management boring and has no desire to continue to manage.

Put it this way, if a Premier League job came up tomorrow, Cooper would be higher on the list than Laudrup who probably wouldn’t even make the shortlist.

Without any shadow of a doubt, not sure how it can be argued.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 14:01]

As I just posted on another thread, but it also applies here :
So just to clarify, you are saying that if you were in charge of the club, and Cooper (with his great book of contacts from the England Youth setup and no experience of playing outside the Welsh Pyramid system) and Laudrup (with his worldwide international contacts and experience of playing at the very top level, including the World Cup, not mention winning our only major trophy in our history with him as manager), came for interviews.
You would honestly choose two times play off failure Cooper ?
You have lost all credibility, yet you will still not back down from that preposterous position

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Overreaction? on 15:58 - Feb 8 with 728 viewsvetchonian

Overreaction? on 15:21 - Feb 8 by STID2017

As I just posted on another thread, but it also applies here :
So just to clarify, you are saying that if you were in charge of the club, and Cooper (with his great book of contacts from the England Youth setup and no experience of playing outside the Welsh Pyramid system) and Laudrup (with his worldwide international contacts and experience of playing at the very top level, including the World Cup, not mention winning our only major trophy in our history with him as manager), came for interviews.
You would honestly choose two times play off failure Cooper ?
You have lost all credibility, yet you will still not back down from that preposterous position

You are confusing Laudrup the player with Laudrup the manager and Cooper the player and Cooper the manager.

Luadrup a grrat player in his day no doubt of that a legend and it was great for us to have him as our manager and even better he took us on to win our first major trophy.

Yet that is it for his managerial record....Cooper like Brendan had no "major" playing career but has won a World Cup and has two play off finishes most lpossibly a third and has taken two premier league scalps in the FA Cup....

If you were a Premeir chairman surely you would be looking for resukts over reputation.

There is no denying Laudrup wasnt a world class player but as a manager not the best.....it happens Bryan Robson great player and leader on the field yet failed miserably as a manager...despite some modest success initially.

You see that is the problem with many football fans we cant see for seeing always blinded by reputation....Tosh was a great manager for us and after he left would you wager him being chosen over Cooper if they both applied for a PL job?

Laudrup has not managed since 2018 and his record after leaving us would not inspire any chairman....appointing him would be purely on who he is rather than his managerial achievment...

I am still grateful to him for that day in 2013....gutted Monk orchestrated his sacking as I beleive he could have got us to the Europa final which was his goal that season not the PL....

Overreaction? on 16:19 - Feb 8 with 709 viewsWhiterockin

Overreaction? on 15:58 - Feb 8 by vetchonian

You are confusing Laudrup the player with Laudrup the manager and Cooper the player and Cooper the manager.

Luadrup a grrat player in his day no doubt of that a legend and it was great for us to have him as our manager and even better he took us on to win our first major trophy.

Yet that is it for his managerial record....Cooper like Brendan had no "major" playing career but has won a World Cup and has two play off finishes most lpossibly a third and has taken two premier league scalps in the FA Cup....

If you were a Premeir chairman surely you would be looking for resukts over reputation.

There is no denying Laudrup wasnt a world class player but as a manager not the best.....it happens Bryan Robson great player and leader on the field yet failed miserably as a manager...despite some modest success initially.

You see that is the problem with many football fans we cant see for seeing always blinded by reputation....Tosh was a great manager for us and after he left would you wager him being chosen over Cooper if they both applied for a PL job?

Laudrup has not managed since 2018 and his record after leaving us would not inspire any chairman....appointing him would be purely on who he is rather than his managerial achievment...

I am still grateful to him for that day in 2013....gutted Monk orchestrated his sacking as I beleive he could have got us to the Europa final which was his goal that season not the PL....

I will be eternally grateful to Laudrup for giving me the chance to see my team win a major trophy. But if we were in the Premier league I'm afraid I would want nether as manager. Laudrup because he has done nothing lately to warrant it, Cooper because I still can't forgive him for last seasons white flag play off final.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Overreaction? on 16:38 - Feb 8 with 694 viewsonehunglow

Overreaction? on 16:19 - Feb 8 by Whiterockin

I will be eternally grateful to Laudrup for giving me the chance to see my team win a major trophy. But if we were in the Premier league I'm afraid I would want nether as manager. Laudrup because he has done nothing lately to warrant it, Cooper because I still can't forgive him for last seasons white flag play off final.

Honest and just the posting we need.
Well done.
Laudrup lost interest
Cooper forked up a great chance to go up.
We are where we are with who we are

However,we still have posters insulting those who don’t go to games

Do we need a site for them so they can slag off in peace with their own kind and then those who do go can massage themselves mutually in private .

Funny how many posters text during a game and make out they go along .

Let’s end this sheets ice once and for all

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Overreaction? on 16:49 - Feb 8 with 686 viewsvetchonian

Great post that and I understand it

Whilst we as fans have the "emptional" attachments to things PL chairmen would see things differently ....

But hey ho onwards and upwards eh...lets hope we can get a point at least tonight

Overreaction? on 16:53 - Feb 8 with 681 viewsonehunglow

Overreaction? on 16:49 - Feb 8 by vetchonian

Great post that and I understand it

Whilst we as fans have the "emptional" attachments to things PL chairmen would see things differently ....

But hey ho onwards and upwards eh...lets hope we can get a point at least tonight

Indeed.
Will we ever unite as fans ,vetch .that means everyone accepting views no matter how many games they get along to.

I can think of so many ,off the top of my head now,in Swansea physically unable to go . Many have domestic issues.
It drives me crazy to see stuff that sTID posts.

At one time ,many years ago,I would be one of the few few at Leeds Rd,The Shay ,McCain ground at Scarborough etc but we didn’t have the net then to wave our genitals for other to admire .

Jesus, we have fans all over the world. Are they not worthy of posting,I ask myself.

Overreaction? on 16:56 - Feb 8 with 669 viewsvetchonian

Overreaction? on 16:53 - Feb 8 by onehunglow

Indeed.
Will we ever unite as fans ,vetch .that means everyone accepting views no matter how many games they get along to.

I can think of so many ,off the top of my head now,in Swansea physically unable to go . Many have domestic issues.

At one time ,many years ago,I would be one of the few few at Leeds Rd,The Shay ,McCain ground at Scarborough etc but we didn’t have the net then to wave our genitals for other to admire .

Jesus, we have fans all over the world. Are they not worthy of posting,I ask myself.

Well apparantly if you are not at the ground you dont get it

Overreaction? on 17:13 - Feb 8 with 662 viewsguthrieintherain

Overreaction? on 06:25 - Feb 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Spot on.

If we ever get promoted I’m going to drag up a thread from our Premier League relegation season half a decade ago, and say “don’t you all think this is a bit of an overreaction, we just got promoted there is no chance of relegation. Calm down”.

An overreaction is a form of a reaction, and a reaction is with regards to a specific event or time period.

The OP has said there is an overreaction and noted the time period since the final whistle of the Blackburn game (which was when we won 2, lost 2 and drew 2 since the break).

So where are these reactive posts deemed as “overreactions” since the Blackburn game ended?

Anyone?

Or are we referring to BEFORE the Blackburn game?

In which case the OP should really say that we had won 1 in 5 when referring to these comments (it was actually 1 in 8) and not 2 in 6. That would give an accurate context to the comments that you are highlighting as opposed to giving a false picture.

Pretending they were made in reaction to winning 2 from 6 is dishonest.

I just hope it was unintentionally so.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 6:31]

Reading that post reminded me of an episode of ripping yarns from years ago.

It was about this guy who used to talk about Black pudding.
It was so black even the white bits were black.

He also used to go on and on about shovels.

He came home One day and all his family moved out.
No idea why it reminded me of it but it did.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 17:16]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Overreaction? on 18:34 - Feb 8 with 640 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Overreaction? on 16:56 - Feb 8 by vetchonian

Well apparantly if you are not at the ground you dont get it

My son and both grandsons were at the ground and they don't get it either.
Overreaction? on 18:40 - Feb 8 with 638 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Overreaction? on 06:25 - Feb 8 by Dr_Parnassus

Spot on.

If we ever get promoted I’m going to drag up a thread from our Premier League relegation season half a decade ago, and say “don’t you all think this is a bit of an overreaction, we just got promoted there is no chance of relegation. Calm down”.

An overreaction is a form of a reaction, and a reaction is with regards to a specific event or time period.

The OP has said there is an overreaction and noted the time period since the final whistle of the Blackburn game (which was when we won 2, lost 2 and drew 2 since the break).

So where are these reactive posts deemed as “overreactions” since the Blackburn game ended?

Anyone?

Or are we referring to BEFORE the Blackburn game?

In which case the OP should really say that we had won 1 in 5 when referring to these comments (it was actually 1 in 8) and not 2 in 6. That would give an accurate context to the comments that you are highlighting as opposed to giving a false picture.

Pretending they were made in reaction to winning 2 from 6 is dishonest.

I just hope it was unintentionally so.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 6:31]

No agenda intended mate, just plenty on here (myself included during/after the Hull game) seemed to work themselves into a frenzy of negativity over the last 10 days or so. There were plenty of posts about us getting sucked into a relegation battle, or rather we would be if not for points deductions.

Presumably if you thought we were in trouble after Hull & Luton one win doesn't change that? I can well imagine the knives coming back out if we perform poorly and lose tonight.

Anyway, I was just pointing out that we've played teams either in good form or at the top end of the table. Even if you discount Blackburn, 5 points from the previous 5- whilst disappointing- wasn't quite the disaster some people made it out to be. We went away to two of the best teams in the league at the minute and picked up two draws.

I suspect if we'd lost those 2 and got two draws v Luton and Hull the reaction might have been different. 2 defeats in a matter of days to teams people might expect us to beat and it was doom and gloom. I just wanted to put everything into a bigger picture.
Overreaction? on 18:42 - Feb 8 with 631 viewsshingle

Think i will leave my comment until after the Stoke game.
Overreaction? on 18:50 - Feb 8 with 609 viewsSTID2017

Overreaction? on 16:53 - Feb 8 by onehunglow

Indeed.

I have no problem or disagreement with fans posting their opinions whether they attend or not.
If their view differs from mine I will post my view, but that does not mean my view is any more or less valid.
Little confused by one thing though ...
I thought you had me on ignore ( don't care if you haven't) ?

Overreaction? on 18:51 - Feb 8 with 607 viewsSTID2017

Fair point

Overreaction? on 19:07 - Feb 8 with 596 viewsSTID2017

Overreaction? on 15:58 - Feb 8 by vetchonian

You make a fair point about Laudrup.
He may have lost his way and may not be the manager for Swans now.
However Cooper failed ultimately twice in his attempt to get us promoted.
The second time was a shambles from the kick off of the final.
He seemed uninterested and unable to inspire the team.
I understand why he would look for challenges new if he felt unsupported by the board.
However he has landed lucky at Forest IMHO and is not playing with the same negativity he was down here.
He will never have my support after the gutless performance and attitude he produced as manager at Wembley
I cannot understand his apologists on here, whatever their take on Martin

Overreaction? on 19:34 - Feb 8 with 586 viewsonehunglow

Overreaction? on 18:40 - Feb 8 by LittleEnglandJack

No agenda intended mate, just plenty on here (myself included during/after the Hull game) seemed to work themselves into a frenzy of negativity over the last 10 days or so. There were plenty of posts about us getting sucked into a relegation battle, or rather we would be if not for points deductions.

Presumably if you thought we were in trouble after Hull & Luton one win doesn't change that? I can well imagine the knives coming back out if we perform poorly and lose tonight.

Anyway, I was just pointing out that we've played teams either in good form or at the top end of the table. Even if you discount Blackburn, 5 points from the previous 5- whilst disappointing- wasn't quite the disaster some people made it out to be. We went away to two of the best teams in the league at the minute and picked up two draws.

I suspect if we'd lost those 2 and got two draws v Luton and Hull the reaction might have been different. 2 defeats in a matter of days to teams people might expect us to beat and it was doom and gloom. I just wanted to put everything into a bigger picture.

On the other hand,some find the frenzy of supporting Russy whatever he says or does is manic.

It's like handing over your bank details to a lad that sells watches on a Majorca beach
[Post edited 8 Feb 2022 19:34]

Overreaction? on 21:24 - Feb 8 with 551 viewsshingle

Seems as if the thread starter must have got a little exited with the fortunate win over Blackburn but let's go along with his stats anyway a win against Stoke would mean we could be 12th or 13th we have to beat them first mind you, now the real picture we will probably lose to Stoke and 18th in the table but that would be 20th if others had not had pts deducted, so who exactly is this bit of perspective needed for.
Overreaction? on 21:29 - Feb 8 with 544 viewsonehunglow

Overreaction? on 21:24 - Feb 8 by shingle

Seems as if the thread starter must have got a little exited with the fortunate win over Blackburn but let's go along with his stats anyway a win against Stoke would mean we could be 12th or 13th we have to beat them first mind you, now the real picture we will probably lose to Stoke and 18th in the table but that would be 20th if others had not had pts deducted, so who exactly is this bit of perspective needed for.

I actually think it’s under reaction.

Either we are dumb or lying about performances like this

Martin has to go asap and the owners have to be brave and admit they got it wrong

Overreaction? on 21:29 - Feb 8 with 538 viewsKeithHaynes

Overreaction? on 21:29 - Feb 8 by onehunglow

I actually think it’s under reaction.

Either we are dumb or lying about performances like this

Martin has to go asap and the owners have to be brave and admit they got it wrong

Or stick with him until next season and judge him then.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Overreaction? on 21:31 - Feb 8 with 534 viewsonehunglow

Overreaction? on 21:29 - Feb 8 by KeithHaynes

Or stick with him until next season and judge him then.

Until . I’m hoping we can stay up then he goes and then we rebuild . We are unravelling at a rate of knots .
Players are clearly confused and unhappy.

Overreaction? on 21:33 - Feb 8 with 525 viewsWhiterockin

Overreaction? on 21:31 - Feb 8 by onehunglow

Until . I’m hoping we can stay up then he goes and then we rebuild . We are unravelling at a rate of knots .
Players are clearly confused and unhappy.

Absolutely no way are we going down.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Overreaction? on 21:40 - Feb 8 with 508 viewsonehunglow

Overreaction? on 21:33 - Feb 8 by Whiterockin

Absolutely no way are we going down.

Not saying we are but until it’s mathematically certain…

Looking at us ,really we are dogsbreath

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024