Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My take on the Leeds Utd game 11:15 - Apr 3 with 773 viewsA1079

I have to admit, I found this an enjoyable entertaining game to watch, which is not the same as saying that it was full of quality and control. At times it was a 100 miles per hour frenetic stuff and virtually the whole game was end to end where the result could have gone either way but a draw at the end felt about right.

For the most part I felt that Leeds shaded the first half with the bulk of the chances though the officials did seem to favour the home side. There were at least 2 clear moments that we should have had a free kick and arguably the failure to give a free kick for Broja ultimately lead to the opening goal though we had time to defend it better than we did before the final outcome.

We had a chance to equalise not long after that and again our tame shots at goal throughout the game meant that their goalkeeper was not troubled too much. Quite why our shots persist to be like back passes and almost inevitably aimed direct at the opposing keeper is beyond me. Sometimes if they just hit a shot with a force it may force a save that could rebound or just go in.

The 2nd half I felt we were on the whole the better team but Leeds were always a threat when going forward. As usual JWP got his chance and took in a way only he seems to know how. We could have gone ahead shortly after that.

It was entertaining stuff with both sides going forward with purpose but never giving up. I don't think anyone played badly yesterday. More importantly we looked up for it and willing to get stuck into a battle. Stand outs again were Kyle Walker Peters, JWP, Che Adams and at times Diallo - though he is inconsistent - some good passes but quite weak in the tackle. Livramento worked hard though his final ball at times needs to improve. Our defence looked pretty solid and did a professional job generally and Forster pulled off a couple of good saves.

It wasn't a perfect display by any means but I felt that there were 2 teams that went for it - as you would have expected with Leeds. I don't like their ground, the view is not great and the their fans are pretty unlikeable but for me it was easy to get to and I came away feeling that I had had an enjoyable afternoon's entertainment. I just wish we were more of a force in front of goal because some of the build up is excellent and deserves a better outcome.
My take on the Leeds Utd game on 13:01 - Apr 3 with 652 viewsSadoldgit

I’m probably in the minority here but didn’t think it was a particularly good game. I found it too frenetic and although there was plenty of effort from both sides there was a distinct lack of quality. It reminded me of a Championship game. We struggled to get our forwards into the game and Leeds snuffed out any creativity in midfield. Our main threat came from KWP (my MotM again) who has shown that he is the best full back at the club no matter which side he plays on. His dribble won the free kick that we scored from and he was always a threat. It wasn’t a terrible performance but we rarely got our game going and a draw was a fair result overall I think.
My take on the Leeds Utd game on 18:51 - Apr 3 with 482 viewsA1079

My take on the Leeds Utd game on 13:01 - Apr 3 by Sadoldgit

I’m probably in the minority here but didn’t think it was a particularly good game. I found it too frenetic and although there was plenty of effort from both sides there was a distinct lack of quality. It reminded me of a Championship game. We struggled to get our forwards into the game and Leeds snuffed out any creativity in midfield. Our main threat came from KWP (my MotM again) who has shown that he is the best full back at the club no matter which side he plays on. His dribble won the free kick that we scored from and he was always a threat. It wasn’t a terrible performance but we rarely got our game going and a draw was a fair result overall I think.

I don't disagree with you SOG.

Neither ourselves or Leeds are ever going to trouble the top 8 playing like that. But, given our recent form and thinking Leeds would fight for their lives I thought we largely matched them. Considering it was PL the quality and control by both sides was poor. There were times when it needed someone on either side to just put their stamp on the game and lead. But, it was entertaining because it was pretty even. Looking at the league table now there is 12 points between 9th and 8th.

The division in class and ability is as wide as ever in the PL and unless a club in "the rest" sector is willing to spend serious money in the transfer market and pay for a top manager being in "the rest" and fending off relegation is about the best "the rest" can hope for. Disappointing really but I have no idea what the answer is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024