Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dawson show reel from Thursday 21:19 - Apr 9 with 6135 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Dawson show reel from Thursday on 14:15 - May 2 with 1148 viewselectricblue

My West Ham mate said Dawson was sorely missed as the defence was very nervy to say the least..
He hopes that it is all Dawson misses is 1 prem match....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Dawson show reel from Thursday on 10:35 - May 3 with 900 viewsAtThePeake

Dawson show reel from Thursday on 14:05 - May 2 by boromat

I'm not so sure about that, it's definitely the case if you mean him not being a 'world class' defender. But purely as an England international if you look at some of the central defenders that have been in the squad recently. Maguire isn't blessed with pace neither is Coady. And you could argue Dawson is more likely to contribute goals for.

If Dawson was having the season he's having atm at 24/25 he'd be a shoe-in for the next squad. Unfortunately, since he turns 32 this week, I think his time has passed.

Tangled up in blue.

Dawson show reel from Thursday on 10:49 - May 3 with 871 viewsdingdangblue

Dawson show reel from Thursday on 14:05 - May 2 by boromat

I'm not so sure about that, it's definitely the case if you mean him not being a 'world class' defender. But purely as an England international if you look at some of the central defenders that have been in the squad recently. Maguire isn't blessed with pace neither is Coady. And you could argue Dawson is more likely to contribute goals for.

If he struggled that much with pace for International football surely he would struggle every game for West Ham in the Premier League against International players? He certainly didn't struggle against Seville and Lyon. His positional sense is top notch and you can't coach that sort of thing. Turning 32 shouldn't be an issue as Rickie Lambert proved towards the end of his career when he got his chance.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dawson show reel from Thursday on 14:42 - May 3 with 760 viewsAtThePeake

Dawson show reel from Thursday on 10:49 - May 3 by dingdangblue

If he struggled that much with pace for International football surely he would struggle every game for West Ham in the Premier League against International players? He certainly didn't struggle against Seville and Lyon. His positional sense is top notch and you can't coach that sort of thing. Turning 32 shouldn't be an issue as Rickie Lambert proved towards the end of his career when he got his chance.

England under Southgate are a completely different proposition to England under Hodgson though.

Since Southgate took over there hasn't been a single debutant for England over the age of 28. And two of the four players to make their debuts at 28 have been goalkeepers who tend to mature later and play longer than outfield players.

I love Craig Dawson, obviously, and would be delighted to see him get a call-up for sentimental reasons. But I'm also an England fan and I don't think we should be looking to 32 year olds when we can supplement the first-choice centre backs like Stones and Maguire with talented youngsters like Marc Guehi, Ben White and Fikayo Tomori who will benefit from being in the squad at a young age and thus benefit England in future years too.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024