Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL 08:41 - Apr 16 with 3273 viewsdarthvader

Really nervous about todays game after letting in 10 in our last 2 home games .

We have gone from being very hard to beat ,to easy pickings in about two months . I hope Perraud plays today as a proper leftback and KWP in the right back slot . Will Lycano play ? We need some hard tackles to get the crowd going followed by a decent performance .

Come on saints !!
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 8:57]

keep the faith coyr

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 08:26 - Apr 17 with 507 viewsBerber

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 20:48 - Apr 16 by ElijahK

But the clubs still not confirmed anything yet, so until that happens then they are rumours. As yeah it may have happened but as the clubs said nothing about it, then it’s just a rumour not a fact
[Post edited 16 Apr 2022 22:41]

What? If the club have actually extended his contract, but not announced it, then it is a rumour? That is a bit like saying that Putin’s stated “Special Operation” is only rumoured to be an invasion.
MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 08:55 - Apr 17 with 448 viewsDorsetIan

Arsenal are a decent side with a lot of quality players but the difference between how they played compared to Man City and Chelsea was marked.

For large portions of the City game we were defending our area with two banks of players, just like we were yesterday, but Arsenal were pretty predictable whereas City moved the ball so quickly and accurately and with so many players making runs off the ball. Arsenal did what we would do - Lots of sideways, looking for a pass that wasn’t there or resorting to a long range effort.

And compared to Chelsea, the intensity was so much less. I reckon Tuchel said to Chelsea, ‚look you’ve got to score 3 in Madrid this week, let’s get some practice in here‘. There were at us from the first minute (and beyond) in a way that Arsenal just weren’t.

That’s me done at St Mary’s for his season. 6 wins, 7 draws and only 4 defeats - I’ll take that.

Enjoy the final 2 games everyone!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 09:34 - Apr 17 with 397 views1ASIN12

MATCH DAY THREAD V ARSENAL on 08:55 - Apr 17 by DorsetIan

Arsenal are a decent side with a lot of quality players but the difference between how they played compared to Man City and Chelsea was marked.

For large portions of the City game we were defending our area with two banks of players, just like we were yesterday, but Arsenal were pretty predictable whereas City moved the ball so quickly and accurately and with so many players making runs off the ball. Arsenal did what we would do - Lots of sideways, looking for a pass that wasn’t there or resorting to a long range effort.

And compared to Chelsea, the intensity was so much less. I reckon Tuchel said to Chelsea, ‚look you’ve got to score 3 in Madrid this week, let’s get some practice in here‘. There were at us from the first minute (and beyond) in a way that Arsenal just weren’t.

That’s me done at St Mary’s for his season. 6 wins, 7 draws and only 4 defeats - I’ll take that.

Enjoy the final 2 games everyone!

We said this in the pub after.

You’ve got the top 2 in a league of there own
Then Chelsea on there own

you then have the 3 or 4 teams trying to finish 4th that none are good enough to a stake a claim . All of them can’t put a run together. Could it be the lowest points tally for 4th place ?

Then you have the middle teams that aren’t going down nor no where near threatening a place in Europe.

And then the bottom 3/4 that are just shit .

To be fair to Ralph today he picked the right formation and we were very hard for Arsenal to breakdown and Forster had an excellent game making 3 or so world class saves. Never really threatened their goal but it was so important not to lose after last week . I’m not sure many fans would have predicted a win .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024