Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper 15:27 - Jun 16 with 1736 viewssaints__fan__73

How about buy an experienced one and keep this kid for the future?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 19:05 - Jun 16 with 1603 viewssaint22

But thats way too obvious
Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 19:16 - Jun 16 with 1596 viewsdwayne_dibley

agreed it does seem he strategy other clubs use

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 20:16 - Jun 16 with 1549 viewsSadoldgit

Perhaps the kid is out of contract soon and wants to move?
Perhaps the club think he isn’t as good as our new signing?
Or perhaps we should just run the club down as usual without knowing anything about the thinking behind the decisions?
Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 20:54 - Jun 16 with 1511 viewsHeisenberg

We have an experienced keeper. He’s shite. This lad is leaving Man City because he wants to be first choice. Anything is an upgrade on McCarthy.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 08:10 - Jun 17 with 1323 viewssaint22

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 20:54 - Jun 16 by Heisenberg

We have an experienced keeper. He’s shite. This lad is leaving Man City because he wants to be first choice. Anything is an upgrade on McCarthy.

lets hope our Ralphie sees it that way
Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 09:38 - Jun 17 with 1270 viewsBerber

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 20:54 - Jun 16 by Heisenberg

Hands up anyone who thinks McCarthy will be first pick after the first 5 games?
Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 09:40 - Jun 17 with 1270 viewsSadoldgit

We wanted a shake up of the back room staff. That is happening. We wanted a shake up of the goalkeeping situation. That is happening. We wanted a shake up of the squad. That is happening. The transfer window has only been open for a week and it is clear that the club are busy working on changes for next season so why not wait and see how things are by the time the next season starts before slagging the club off? Not one of us has run an EPL football club yet the forum is full of experts who know best. We have 19 other clubs looking for the best staff, the best players. Some of them are lucky enough to have the money to attract the best. The rest of us have to fight it out on a budget. When we do well the people responsible get poached and we have to start over. As we have seen, it isn’t easy to constantly get it right. I am sure the club don’t deliberately buy duds and incompetents yet reading some of the comments on here you would think so. Even an average EPL player costs a fortune to employ now and clubs like us can’t afford to make too many poor signings. We are still suffering for a period of below par signings a few years ago. We all want to have some success and to be proud of the club. There is no reason to think that the club don’t want the same but we are competing with 19 other clubs who want the same thing. It is still early on in the new owners time here. Let’s see what they have planned for us before coming on here saying that they don’t know what they are doing.
Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 10:20 - Jun 17 with 1242 viewssaints__fan__73

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 09:40 - Jun 17 by Sadoldgit

We wanted a shake up of the back room staff. That is happening. We wanted a shake up of the goalkeeping situation. That is happening. We wanted a shake up of the squad. That is happening. The transfer window has only been open for a week and it is clear that the club are busy working on changes for next season so why not wait and see how things are by the time the next season starts before slagging the club off? Not one of us has run an EPL football club yet the forum is full of experts who know best. We have 19 other clubs looking for the best staff, the best players. Some of them are lucky enough to have the money to attract the best. The rest of us have to fight it out on a budget. When we do well the people responsible get poached and we have to start over. As we have seen, it isn’t easy to constantly get it right. I am sure the club don’t deliberately buy duds and incompetents yet reading some of the comments on here you would think so. Even an average EPL player costs a fortune to employ now and clubs like us can’t afford to make too many poor signings. We are still suffering for a period of below par signings a few years ago. We all want to have some success and to be proud of the club. There is no reason to think that the club don’t want the same but we are competing with 19 other clubs who want the same thing. It is still early on in the new owners time here. Let’s see what they have planned for us before coming on here saying that they don’t know what they are doing.

Yes, this shake up of the squad is amazing. Forster leaves, new contract for Stephens, new contract for McCarthy, new contract for Cabellero and new contract in the works for Shane Long.

It'll be like a new team come August.

Login to get fewer ads

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 10:27 - Jun 17 with 1231 viewssaints__fan__73

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 09:38 - Jun 17 by Berber

Hands up anyone who thinks McCarthy will be first pick after the first 5 games?

and the new kid loaned out next season and sold for peanuts the one after.

Angus Gunn II - The sequel - Just when you thought it was safe to spunk millions of quid on an unproven keeper...

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 10:36 - Jun 17 with 1219 viewsdirk_doone

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/06/17/southampton-call-off-talks-to-sign-10m-man

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 10:44 - Jun 17 with 1203 viewssaints__fan__73

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 10:36 - Jun 17 by dirk_doone

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/06/17/southampton-call-off-talks-to-sign-10m-man

Brexit did us a favour then!

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 12:10 - Jun 17 with 1161 viewsSadoldgit

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 10:20 - Jun 17 by saints__fan__73

Yes, this shake up of the squad is amazing. Forster leaves, new contract for Stephens, new contract for McCarthy, new contract for Cabellero and new contract in the works for Shane Long.

It'll be like a new team come August.

If it is I am sure you will still find something to criticise.
Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 12:25 - Jun 17 with 1136 viewsButty101

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 12:10 - Jun 17 by Sadoldgit

If it is I am sure you will still find something to criticise.

Like wise I’m sure you will keep your head buried firmly in the sand and tell us what a great job the club is doing…..

When saints could have picked up a Henderson, pope or Johnston this summer. Saints really do make some strange decisions. Our defence has been terrible for years and needs a decent experienced keeper. Not yet another one for the future

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 16:06 - Jun 17 with 1084 viewsElijahK

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 20:16 - Jun 16 by Sadoldgit

Perhaps the kid is out of contract soon and wants to move?
Perhaps the club think he isn’t as good as our new signing?
Or perhaps we should just run the club down as usual without knowing anything about the thinking behind the decisions?

Exactly what I was thinking, as many people on here just love to jump to conclusions before any details of what’s going on have been released. Yet it still happens all the time

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 17:08 - Jun 17 with 1042 viewsSadoldgit

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 12:25 - Jun 17 by Butty101

Like wise I’m sure you will keep your head buried firmly in the sand and tell us what a great job the club is doing…..

When saints could have picked up a Henderson, pope or Johnston this summer. Saints really do make some strange decisions. Our defence has been terrible for years and needs a decent experienced keeper. Not yet another one for the future

I guess you sit on the Board meetings and know exactly what is going on and why. Just because I am not looking to rubbish the club at every opportunity doesn’t mean I have my head buried in the sand. And if I did it is better than having it firmly up my arse. There is a reason you and the rest of us aren’t running the club and they are. I don’t think for one minute they spend time looking for advice about who to sign and how to play from football forums. Do you?
Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 17:17 - Jun 17 with 1041 viewsButty101

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 17:08 - Jun 17 by Sadoldgit

I guess you sit on the Board meetings and know exactly what is going on and why. Just because I am not looking to rubbish the club at every opportunity doesn’t mean I have my head buried in the sand. And if I did it is better than having it firmly up my arse. There is a reason you and the rest of us aren’t running the club and they are. I don’t think for one minute they spend time looking for advice about who to sign and how to play from football forums. Do you?

Perhaps you should try applying that logic to politics as you don’t appear to know what’s going on

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 18:36 - Jun 17 with 1002 viewsSadoldgit

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 17:17 - Jun 17 by Butty101

Perhaps you should try applying that logic to politics as you don’t appear to know what’s going on

As for politics, I think we can all see what is happening and what a mess this country is in thanks to a very inept PM and an equally inept cabinet.
Back to the club. We needed to sort the coaching side out and that is happening. We needed to sort the goalkeeper situation out and today we have signed two. Maybe the new coaching set up will be crap. Maybe the new goalkeepers will be crap. I am prepared to wait and see what they are like before passing judgement.
If you want to return to politics, I don’t think we need any more evidence that the current government is crap.
Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 23:07 - Jun 17 with 933 viewsButty101

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 18:36 - Jun 17 by Sadoldgit

As for politics, I think we can all see what is happening and what a mess this country is in thanks to a very inept PM and an equally inept cabinet.
Back to the club. We needed to sort the coaching side out and that is happening. We needed to sort the goalkeeper situation out and today we have signed two. Maybe the new coaching set up will be crap. Maybe the new goalkeepers will be crap. I am prepared to wait and see what they are like before passing judgement.
If you want to return to politics, I don’t think we need any more evidence that the current government is crap.

Yeah but in your words you are not an MP so leave it to the experts yeah!

Without being rude you are literally nothing

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 06:50 - Jun 18 with 846 viewsBazza

Rather than buying an inexperienced keeper on 18:36 - Jun 17 by Sadoldgit

Still missing Corbyn eh Soggy?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024