Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mainz V Newcastle 20:58 - Jul 5 with 970 viewsSaintNick

Seems the German club's fans are kicking off and demanding their team call off a game against Newcastle.

A fans' group said the match should be cancelled as Newcastle was a "vehicle for asserting the interests of a regime that tramples on human rights".

It also said the country's "policies are diametrically opposed to the values ​​and mission statement of Mainz 05."

Mainz said cancelling was "not feasible" for "contractual" reasons.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Mainz V Newcastle on 07:54 - Jul 6 with 729 viewsPaleRider

Great to see a club's fans taking a stand.

Mainz are my second team as I used to live next door to their old stadium when they where in the German third tier - they are a great club. I saw them last a few years ago - they had safe standing and a great atmosphere. To me the Bundesliga clubs show how it is possible not to lose your soul as you grow.
Mainz V Newcastle on 13:56 - Jul 6 with 609 viewsSaintNick

Mainz V Newcastle on 07:54 - Jul 6 by PaleRider

Great to see a club's fans taking a stand.

Mainz are my second team as I used to live next door to their old stadium when they where in the German third tier - they are a great club. I saw them last a few years ago - they had safe standing and a great atmosphere. To me the Bundesliga clubs show how it is possible not to lose your soul as you grow.

The German clubs lead the way in fan engagement and I think Bayern Munich aside are all 50% +1 fan owned

This post has been edited by an administrator

Mainz V Newcastle on 13:58 - Jul 6 with 601 viewsElijahK

Mainz V Newcastle on 13:56 - Jul 6 by SaintNick

The German clubs lead the way in fan engagement and I think Bayern Munich aside are all 50% +1 fan owned

This post has been edited by an administrator

I’m pretty sure Bayern Munich is the same, as I thought it was a league/German FA rule, so all teams had to follow it

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Mainz V Newcastle on 13:58 - Jul 6 with 600 viewsSaintNick

Mainz V Newcastle on 13:58 - Jul 6 by ElijahK

I’m pretty sure Bayern Munich is the same, as I thought it was a league/German FA rule, so all teams had to follow it

I think Bayern Munich got an exception, hence their total dominance of the German game

Mainz V Newcastle on 14:04 - Jul 6 with 594 viewsElijahK

Mainz V Newcastle on 13:58 - Jul 6 by SaintNick

I think Bayern Munich got an exception, hence their total dominance of the German game

No, them and dortmund are both part of it, hence why they didn’t join that ESL…

https://www.dw.com/en/european-super-league-how-germanys-501-rule-kept-bayern-mu

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024