Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone been to Brno? 15:07 - Jul 12 with 2532 viewsMrSheen

The younger Miss Sheen is thinking of dropping in with her uni mates after a week in Budapest. Any idea of the nightlife?
Anyone been to Brno? on 16:04 - Jul 12 with 2457 viewsKonk

We were going to squeeze a short trip in when we went to Vienna and Bratislava at Easter, but didn't manage it. It looks like a nice city - pretty compact, loads of nightlife as there are shedloads of students studying in the city. Someone described it to me as a mini-Prague without the stag/hen do's, which sounds pretty good to me.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Anyone been to Brno? on 16:15 - Jul 12 with 2422 viewsMrSheen

Anyone been to Brno? on 16:04 - Jul 12 by Konk

We were going to squeeze a short trip in when we went to Vienna and Bratislava at Easter, but didn't manage it. It looks like a nice city - pretty compact, loads of nightlife as there are shedloads of students studying in the city. Someone described it to me as a mini-Prague without the stag/hen do's, which sounds pretty good to me.

That was the appeal. They definitely wanted to go to Budapest, and were thinking of Belgrade but it was going to cost too much to fly home - £250 one way. Bratislava vetoed as too boring, this seems to have more going for it. Her lot missed out on their inter-rail summer because of Covid, trying to squeeze in some late compensation but the costs are insane this year.
Anyone been to Brno? on 16:19 - Jul 12 with 2406 viewsdublinr

Was there with the children so don't know about the night life, but it is packed with students.

Brilliant place. Can't believe it doesn't get more visitors. Fun, lively, bits and pieces of culture without being overwhelming, nice food. Was cheap too. Tell her she'll love it - and not to miss the catacombs. Skulls and bones arranged as art. Serious weirdness.

Anyone been to Brno? on 16:20 - Jul 12 with 2398 viewsCamberleyR

The birthplace of this chap...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Anyone been to Brno? on 16:21 - Jul 12 with 2391 viewsMrSheen

Anyone been to Brno? on 16:19 - Jul 12 by dublinr

Was there with the children so don't know about the night life, but it is packed with students.

Brilliant place. Can't believe it doesn't get more visitors. Fun, lively, bits and pieces of culture without being overwhelming, nice food. Was cheap too. Tell her she'll love it - and not to miss the catacombs. Skulls and bones arranged as art. Serious weirdness.

First thing on the search. She gave a little scream! We saw there's a club called Panda Circus, and as I can remember going to a Czech castle about 1998 and seeing a chained bear in the moat, I'm worried it might be exactly what it says.
Anyone been to Brno? on 16:52 - Jul 12 with 2313 viewspragueranger

Lived in Czech Rep for 17 years now. Brno has improved a lot in that time and as someone else suggests is a big student town with pretty good nightlife and plenty to fill a couple of days with - any longer though and it will get repetitive.

They shouldn't write off Bratislava though - bit more polished than Brno, and also a capital city, and 30 mins in a taxi from Vienna for another option for flying home. Been there many times, most memorable of which was July 2005 when I went for a quick business trip, and by coincidence Celtic played Artmedia Bratislava that night in a champions league qualifier. They lost 5-0 and the city was bouncing afterwards.
Anyone been to Brno? on 22:00 - Jul 12 with 2172 viewsMrSheen

Anyone been to Brno? on 16:52 - Jul 12 by pragueranger

Lived in Czech Rep for 17 years now. Brno has improved a lot in that time and as someone else suggests is a big student town with pretty good nightlife and plenty to fill a couple of days with - any longer though and it will get repetitive.

They shouldn't write off Bratislava though - bit more polished than Brno, and also a capital city, and 30 mins in a taxi from Vienna for another option for flying home. Been there many times, most memorable of which was July 2005 when I went for a quick business trip, and by coincidence Celtic played Artmedia Bratislava that night in a champions league qualifier. They lost 5-0 and the city was bouncing afterwards.

Thanks PR, they read as far as “club scene” and that’s it.
Anyone been to Brno? on 22:24 - Jul 12 with 2128 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

My partner is from Brno and I was there from Christmas.

Underrated, and if they like a beer they are in for a treat. Agree wholeheartedly with everything everyone else is saying.

The best Bar in Brno in my opinion: https://brnorestauracepivnice.hotelpegas.com/

They brew in the middle of the place, and although it sounds disgusting and is a vegetarian’s nightmare the Pork knee is one one the best meals I’ve ever eaten. I dream about it sometimes.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 23:04]
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone been to Brno? on 08:59 - Jul 13 with 1884 viewsMrSheen

Anyone been to Brno? on 22:24 - Jul 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

My partner is from Brno and I was there from Christmas.

Underrated, and if they like a beer they are in for a treat. Agree wholeheartedly with everything everyone else is saying.

The best Bar in Brno in my opinion: https://brnorestauracepivnice.hotelpegas.com/

They brew in the middle of the place, and although it sounds disgusting and is a vegetarian’s nightmare the Pork knee is one one the best meals I’ve ever eaten. I dream about it sometimes.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 23:04]

Right, don’t know about them, but I’m going.
Anyone been to Brno? on 09:09 - Jul 13 with 1853 viewshantssi

Bit off topic but wasn’t the Bren gun developed there along with Lee Enfield hence the name Br En to Bren?
Anyone been to Brno? on 09:24 - Jul 13 with 1835 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone been to Brno? on 09:09 - Jul 13 by hantssi

Bit off topic but wasn’t the Bren gun developed there along with Lee Enfield hence the name Br En to Bren?

They have a huge tradition of weapons manufacturing there. Made most of the Soviet weaponry.

The nickname of FC Zbrojovka Brno is Flinta (Guns) after the former works.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2022 9:25]
Anyone been to Brno? on 12:06 - Jul 13 with 1726 viewsMrSheen

I’d be very disappointed if they didn’t have a club called Disco Inbrno.
Anyone been to Brno? on 12:14 - Jul 13 with 1716 viewsPeterHucker

We don’t talk about Brno
Anyone been to Brno? on 12:42 - Jul 13 with 1683 viewskernowhoop

Anyone been to Brno? on 16:52 - Jul 12 by pragueranger

QPR 5 Slovan Bratislava 2
Simply beautiful football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024