Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 12:44 - Jul 25 with 28464 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the first game of the season at a newly promoted side away from home. The likely outcome is obvious but we have to have some hope. A draw would be decent, these first games of the season away from home are no guide but can often end in defeat.

Away Fans Info
A decent place to meet is at the union club and the owner opens his front and back doors to away fans for all Rotherham United matches. Here are the details.

The Union Club, ( Transport Club )
Union Street,
Masbrough,
Rotherham S61 1AA

The owner Paul is on 07565853802 if you want to contact him to open up at a certain time. They sell a wide range of beers, cider and have a decent pub food menu. About a ten minute walk to the stadium.

Rotherham ‘Facts Explained ’
Gordon Banks is from Rotherham, he was a goalkeeper who only had one eye when he retired. Gordon in currently dead. Pocket Handkerchief Lane, now there’s a name to work with ? It’s a name of a lane in Rotherham. It is said that in this lane the Pocket Handkerchief was first conceived. Not literally. However we think that could be a load of bollocks. The Chuckle brothers are from Rotherham. Nowadays they are a singular act as one of them is also currently dead. Saxon and Jive Bunny are from the town, hard to work out I know. Especially when legend has it that Barnsley is where Saxon hail from. Even more difficult is Jive Bunny. They do come from Rotherham and often got themselves in a right pickle.

We know you won’t believe this but the first football was made out of cheese in Rotherham. It was made by a chap called Billy Miller. Billy was the cousin of another Rotherham great named William of Hague. Hence the nickname ‘The Millers’ That’s possibly enough true, startling and fun facts for now.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58075/big-swansea-city-s

Rotherham United: Viktor Johansson, Wes Harding, Dan Barlaser, Richard Wood (captain), Ben Wiles, Chiedozie Ogbene, Conor Washington, Jamie Lindsay, Shane Ferguson, Grant Hall, Cam Humphreys.

Substitutes: Josh Vickers, Cohen Bramall, Jamie McCart, Georgie Kelly, Scott High, Hakeem Odoffin, Peter Kioso.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Matty Sorinola; Joel Piroe, Jamie Paterson, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Ben Cabango, Ollie Cooper, Olivier Ntcham, Liam Cullen, Cameron Congreve.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:34 - Jul 31 with 1176 viewsswan_si

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 19:49 - Jul 31 by onehunglow

Well,if Rotherham are relegation favourites ,and they are,they still almost beat us had not Fisher made some good saves.Now that would have shut many up.
We came close to losing that game.

We also came close to winning. Football, funny old game.
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:44 - Jul 31 with 1124 viewsonehunglow

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:34 - Jul 31 by swan_si

Maybe ,if you can wait a little longer,you can buy a copy of my autobiography.

Stay close Si,you might learn summat,son.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:55 - Jul 31 with 1105 viewsswan_si

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:44 - Jul 31 by onehunglow

Maybe ,if you can wait a little longer,you can buy a copy of my autobiography.

Stay close Si,you might learn summat,son.

I couldn't think of anything more depressing, maybe we should have a competition guessing or suggesting the name of your autobiography, I reckon cantankerous would be in the title.
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:01 - Jul 31 with 1080 viewsBoundy

I feel it’s going to be a long season , on and off the pitch

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:06 - Jul 31 with 1060 viewsFlashberryjack

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:46 - Jul 31 by swan_si

Do you honestly think that was a relegation performance?

I didn't say it was a relegation performance, but it certainly wasn't a promotion or play off performance.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:15 - Jul 31 with 1032 viewsswan_si

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:06 - Jul 31 by Flashberryjack

I didn't say it was a relegation performance, but it certainly wasn't a promotion or play off performance.

Agreed, it wasn't a promotion or playoff performance but it was our first game, we will have plenty of games like that, some we'll win some we won't, as the saying goes if you can't win make sure you don't lose, personally a top ten finish will be a big improvement on last season, as you know the championship is a hard league to get out of.
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:18 - Jul 31 with 1029 viewsraynor94

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:06 - Jul 31 by Flashberryjack

In fairness it was the opening game of the season.

Norwich the hot favourites couldn't get anything at Cardiff, far to early to form anything

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:54 - Jul 31 with 966 viewsFlashberryjack

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 21:18 - Jul 31 by raynor94

In fairness it was the opening game of the season.

Norwich the hot favourites couldn't get anything at Cardiff, far to early to form anything

Fragile defence, slow attack, high % of possession with very little reward.

Reminds me of last seasons style, and every half decent manager in the championship knows it as well.

Sorry, but after watching the pre-season friendlies and the Rotherham game, isn't exactly filling me with optimism for the coming season, I sincerely hope I'm wrong (lucky for us I very often am)

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 00:05 - Aug 1 with 892 viewstheloneranger

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 19:21 - Jul 31 by Brynmill_Jack

The play off semi was definitely 1988. I was there and at Torquay for the final

Keith was on about our 5-0 home win in the league, drawing at home a few days later in the FA Cup, and then losing the replay away. That was definitely Jan 1991.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 00:18 - Aug 1 with 885 viewsSTID2017

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 00:05 - Aug 1 by theloneranger

Keith was on about our 5-0 home win in the league, drawing at home a few days later in the FA Cup, and then losing the replay away. That was definitely Jan 1991.

1st Jan Won 5- 0 ( H) - League
5th Jan Drew 0 - 0 ( H) - FA Cup
21st Jan Lost 0 - 4 ( A ) - FA Cup
13th Apr Won 3 - 2 ( A ) - League
All 1991

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 07:34 - Aug 1 with 780 viewsFireboy2

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:34 - Jul 31 by swan_si

You have that opinion because you are a glass half full Si 👍
NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 08:05 - Aug 1 with 754 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Interesting that the table has Swansea 7th seems it is not done alphabetically this year. Seems it has been done by goals scored, then away Draws, then home draws.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:04 - Aug 1 with 717 viewsonehunglow

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 20:55 - Jul 31 by swan_si

I couldn't think of anything more depressing, maybe we should have a competition guessing or suggesting the name of your autobiography, I reckon cantankerous would be in the title.

I could write a biography of yours maybe Si.
Glass half full.The biggest ,most overused trite ohrase currently in the English Language in which we discourse.
I hope that glass is Waterford Crystal and not Asda Basic crap.

Words can be used easily simply to misinform and mislead.

Better than Plastic though
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 9:07]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

NL’s Rotherham United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 09:09 - Aug 1 with 713 viewsSwans9

Concourse was good at Rotherham got served easily loads of room and the chicken balti pie was ok. Bristol City still do the best pies and pasties in my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024