Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica 17:13 - Aug 15 with 5063 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

So am just watching one of the many transfer rumour shows that they show here on Portuguese TV when up pops this transfer rumour.
Gonçalo Ramos is the new kid on the block at Benfica who is supposedly interesting Newcastle and supposedly now us. According to reports the President of Benfica Rui Costa (ex Portuguese international) met in Denmark with some representative of the club to discus the transfer.
Here is the bad news .. his price is 40 million euro !! now if this is his agents plan to try and force Newcastles hand in the transfer I dont know.
He is young, has scored this season, especially in the Champions League qualifiers.
Can´t see it happening but thought you should know what is being talked about over here !
Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 19:35 - Aug 16 with 4753 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11095/12476234/transfer-centre-live

Sky Sports report ... although they are quoting the same journalist who was on the tv so its basically the same thing.
He is not playing tomorrow v Kiev ..whether they are wrapping him in cotton wool because of a transfer or he picked up a knock is unsure.
Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 21:02 - Aug 17 with 4504 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Forget what I said as he is playing and has scored the second goal. HT Benfica are 2-0 up
Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 23:15 - Aug 17 with 4352 viewssaint22

can he play CENTRE BACK!!
If we are considering blowing that much cash we just missed out on 3 quality CBs
Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 08:50 - Aug 18 with 4141 viewsButty101

Sounds like we might genuinely be in for this guy and he sounds decent.

At some point surely we have to balance the books makes you wonder whos going to be leaving.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 11:31 - Aug 18 with 3997 viewsBerber

Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 08:50 - Aug 18 by Butty101

Sounds like we might genuinely be in for this guy and he sounds decent.

At some point surely we have to balance the books makes you wonder whos going to be leaving.

JS, OR? JV ( pretty please).
Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 20:12 - Dec 6 with 3542 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Just scored in the world cup... Ahh what might have been
Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 20:15 - Dec 6 with 3535 viewsdirk_doone

He was lined up as our big January signing. It's not going to happen now, unfortunately.

He was second choice after Gakpo in the summer but we've left it too late. Apparently, Ralph was furious that we didn't sign either of them and fell out with the owners over it. What might have been indeed. If only they'd listened to Ralph, they'd have the next Ronaldo and we'd probably be in the top 6 instead of the bottom 3.

https://www.footballfancast.com/southampton-transfer-rumours/goncalo-ramos-south

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/11/24/southampton-were-very-close-to-signing-50m

https://talksport.com/football/1173681/southampton-goncalo-ramos-wolves-newcastl
[Post edited 6 Dec 2022 21:01]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 23:09 - Dec 6 with 3357 views1885_SFC

I have heard the following:

a swap deal is in place for Blackburn's Ben Brereton Díaz with Adam Armstrong going the other way.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 11:07 - Dec 8 with 3041 viewsSFC_Referee

Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 23:09 - Dec 6 by 1885_SFC

I have heard the following:

a swap deal is in place for Blackburn's Ben Brereton Díaz with Adam Armstrong going the other way.

Well I hope what you’ve heard is complete BS then! As you’d of thought the club would’ve learnt it’s lesson by now for signing championship strikers

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 23:00 - Mar 7 with 2007 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

What might have been.... Ah well just as Gakpo... But we have Armstong, a croatian who played in the world cup but doesn't seem to fit the system (so WHO scouted him or the other 2 january signings?) and Ché...
Last year I undertook an advanced course in football analysis with the team from Barça... One thing that was really interesting was the fact that they have a model of every player and what atributes each should possess to fit into the overall structure.
What is the structure at saints? How do the scouting and analysis team know what characteristics to look for when looking at a player?
Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 09:05 - Mar 8 with 1737 viewssaint22

Gonçalo Ramos from Benfica on 23:00 - Mar 7 by Springhill_old_boy

What might have been.... Ah well just as Gakpo... But we have Armstong, a croatian who played in the world cup but doesn't seem to fit the system (so WHO scouted him or the other 2 january signings?) and Ché...
Last year I undertook an advanced course in football analysis with the team from Barça... One thing that was really interesting was the fact that they have a model of every player and what atributes each should possess to fit into the overall structure.
What is the structure at saints? How do the scouting and analysis team know what characteristics to look for when looking at a player?

easy to answer - its called rock paper scissors
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024