Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. 01:10 - Sep 8 with 16847 viewsBoston

Unless you're insomniacs, tomorrows opening fixture will pass you by. Bills at the Rams, I'll watch a bit anyway as I quite like our division rivals, have 'em to win by 10pts. Apart from the Pats, the meet up that catches my eye is the Steelers, Bengals. That's a game I'd enjoy being at in person, quite partial to Cincinnati, think they'll start the season with a win.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 1:10]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 16:50 - Dec 19 with 2095 viewsthame_hoops

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:20 - Dec 19 by TomS

Boston, I couldn't help but feel sorry for Pats fans when I saw the finale to yesterday's match against the Raiders. What a horrible way to finish a game you needed to win.

I couldn’t believe the ending, also the Raiders touchdown probably shouldn’t have stood. I know they needed to have more evidence, but it did look like his foot was touching the white paint.
As for the final play with the lateral passes, what an earth was the patriots player thinking? It was funny, seeing Chandler Jones run right through Mac Jones. Ha ha. Definitely helped out the ravens that the Patriots lost. So I was happy.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 17:36 - Dec 19 with 2073 viewsBoston

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 16:50 - Dec 19 by thame_hoops

I couldn’t believe the ending, also the Raiders touchdown probably shouldn’t have stood. I know they needed to have more evidence, but it did look like his foot was touching the white paint.
As for the final play with the lateral passes, what an earth was the patriots player thinking? It was funny, seeing Chandler Jones run right through Mac Jones. Ha ha. Definitely helped out the ravens that the Patriots lost. So I was happy.

In a world of inexplicable decisions...the call that the gave the touchdown was right up there. Camera angle from behind and slightly raised up, clearly showed the front part of his foot on the line.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 18:46 - Dec 19 with 2043 viewsthame_hoops

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 17:36 - Dec 19 by Boston

In a world of inexplicable decisions...the call that the gave the touchdown was right up there. Camera angle from behind and slightly raised up, clearly showed the front part of his foot on the line.

If it was the Brady Patriots, I think the refs would’ve got a magnifying glass out and inspected the wide receivers cleats for white paint
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 21:05 - Dec 24 with 1919 viewsthame_hoops

@Boston how about those Patriots. This is a great finish.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 12:28 - Jan 3 with 1752 viewsthame_hoops

Terrible shocking and sad scenes in last night’s game. I hope he recovers fully. I wonder what the NFL will do in terms of replaying the game or will it be postponed?
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:00 - Jan 3 with 1705 viewsTomS

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 12:28 - Jan 3 by thame_hoops

Terrible shocking and sad scenes in last night’s game. I hope he recovers fully. I wonder what the NFL will do in terms of replaying the game or will it be postponed?

Nobody wants to see that happen, on a sports pitch with the match being televised all over the world, or anywhere else. Everyone is hoping he makes a full recovery, irrespective of whether he ever plays again.

As to the match itself. I have no doubt that the NFL will ensure the fixture is fulfilled, and the outcome determined, in the near future. There are massive commercial interests which will ensure the timetable leading to the Superbowl is adhered to.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:31 - Jan 3 with 1675 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:00 - Jan 3 by TomS

Nobody wants to see that happen, on a sports pitch with the match being televised all over the world, or anywhere else. Everyone is hoping he makes a full recovery, irrespective of whether he ever plays again.

As to the match itself. I have no doubt that the NFL will ensure the fixture is fulfilled, and the outcome determined, in the near future. There are massive commercial interests which will ensure the timetable leading to the Superbowl is adhered to.

Horrible situation and scenes. Hope the guy makes a full recovery.

The NFL will get the game on, 100%. They (the NFL) wanted to keep playing last night and the players were told 5 mins to warm up. They refused and it was called off.

Wonder what, if anything, comes of this happening.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:39 - Jan 3 with 1670 viewsBoston

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:31 - Jan 3 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Horrible situation and scenes. Hope the guy makes a full recovery.

The NFL will get the game on, 100%. They (the NFL) wanted to keep playing last night and the players were told 5 mins to warm up. They refused and it was called off.

Wonder what, if anything, comes of this happening.

I had the local sports radio station on and didn't hear any mention of that.

Pats at the Bills in a 'must win'' this Sunday, so Patriot Nation is paying very close attention to this fixture.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 15:40]

Login to get fewer ads

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 02:57 - Jan 4 with 1581 viewsbob566

It was the most horrifying thing I've watched in live sport. Hope he makes a full recovery
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 08:47 - Jan 4 with 1499 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:39 - Jan 3 by Boston

I had the local sports radio station on and didn't hear any mention of that.

Pats at the Bills in a 'must win'' this Sunday, so Patriot Nation is paying very close attention to this fixture.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 15:40]

Was on the broadcast apparently. I wasn't watching live so may have been wrong.

As it won't be played this week I'm not sure what they will do. Completely irrelevant right now though - just hoping he recovers.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:22 - Jan 15 with 1378 viewsEsox_Lucius

Did anyone watch SF game last night? Brock Purdy was a revelation to me as I haven't been able to see many games since giving up Sky Sports. Not bad for the last guy picked in the draft.

The grass is always greener.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 13:06 - Jan 15 with 1316 viewsWirralHoop

49ers have one hell of a lot of weapons around Purdy but you don’t win this many games on the bounce without a QB.

More amazing last night though was the Jags comeback on San Diego (it’s ok I know LA but just don’t feel right).
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 17:27 - Jan 15 with 1252 viewsBoston

I find I enjoy the games more when I'm not rooting for a team. Anyone else?

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 21:26 - Jan 15 with 1193 viewsBostonR

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 02:57 - Jan 4 by bob566

It was the most horrifying thing I've watched in live sport. Hope he makes a full recovery

The Eagles with Hurts at the helm look so strong in every part of the team. The 49ers were something else last night with rookie Purdy - they could surprise everyone. Trevor Lawrence looking good but draft pick No2 Zach Wilson surely leaving NY.
It’s the Eagles for me
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:42 - Jan 16 with 1139 viewsQueeg

Thought the Fish were gonna get batterred yesterday. Rookie mistakes aplenty from the QB to the Coach but they fought to the very end.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:06 - Jan 16 with 1100 viewsBoston

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 02:57 - Jan 4 by bob566

Lucky you're not a fan of boxing. Johnny Owen R.I.P.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:21 - Jan 16 with 1095 viewsHoopstar

What a win for Big Blue last night

Daniel Jones truly looking like an elite QB now. With 'sexy Dexy', Thibodeau, Olujari and others coming up on both defence and O line there's a lot to be hopeful for in the years ahead if we can get some more offensive weapons.

Eagles is a tough matchup for our boys though - already lost twice in the regular season, but getting this far has been far beyond what anyone hoped for this season.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:26 - Jan 16 with 1091 viewsTheChef

Delighted that the Bears have finally been awful enough to secure first draft pick for next season.

Will probably cock that one up too.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:27 - Jan 16 with 1091 viewsCLAREMAN1995

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:21 - Jan 16 by Hoopstar

What a win for Big Blue last night

Daniel Jones truly looking like an elite QB now. With 'sexy Dexy', Thibodeau, Olujari and others coming up on both defence and O line there's a lot to be hopeful for in the years ahead if we can get some more offensive weapons.

Eagles is a tough matchup for our boys though - already lost twice in the regular season, but getting this far has been far beyond what anyone hoped for this season.

Amazing game for sure and yes Giants looking good.
I think that D and those names you mentioned did not have their best game actually but locked it down late.
Refs were horrible that roughing the passer is a shocking mistake.
Philly hate seeing NY coming IMO ,Hurt is hurt I suspect and facing that pass rush will make for a few sleepless nights .
Dallas are the biggest onstacle for NY lets hope Brady turns back the clock tonight
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:32 - Jan 16 with 1087 viewsBluce_Ree

Question.

WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT DEM BENGALS?!?

This is odd for me. A few years back I decided that the Bengals were my team for the following reasons. I liked the kit/colours and I really liked the fact that everyone took the piss because they'd not been in a play off game for 30 years.

And then they ended up being amazing last season. I stayed up and watched the play offs and the Superbowl. Had to have the rules explained to me over text but it was easy enough to grasp after a while.

Now the Bengals are amazing. Weirdly, I'm really invested in it emotionally now.

That 98 yard returny scoop thing yesterday was great. And that nonsense at the end of the match where the Ravens nearly scored but ended up eating stripey orange dick. Ace!

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 16:10 - Jan 16 with 1075 viewsHoopstar

Yeah we went 0-5 against the Vikings, Eagles and Cowboys during the regular season. Put that right against the Vikings when it truly mattered.

We've got a lot of very good players in that side as opposed to stars - Barkley is probably the only real superstar in the roster currently.

Big fan of Adoree Jackson, Neal and Landon Collins with Ximines chipping in. My current fave is grizzly old Jon Feliciano though, not the most gifted but grifts away in the centre of that O Line.

I'd be surprised if we beat Eagles - but a lot more hopeful now than when we lost 48-22 three months ago where they blew us away.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 20:44 - Jan 22 with 962 viewsBluce_Ree

I'm watching DEM BENGALS on a shitty stream. Snowy conditions make it even harder to know what is going on. Especially as this stream looks like it was encoded on tinfoil using a fork.

What I can see is DEM BENGALS are up 14-0 though. That said, the Bills are starting to press a bit better.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 22:57 - Jan 22 with 910 viewsBluce_Ree

WHO DEY!

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 23:06 - Jan 22 with 901 viewsBoston

Deserved win. When I first started going to the Pats, they were the equivalent of the Bengals, every dog has its day...or decades if you're from New England. I'd like to see Cincinnati have a good long run at the top.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:11 - Jan 23 with 852 viewsBluce_Ree

Me too. It's odd because I chose them because of how bad they've been but I'm genuinely enjoying watching them win these matches. Even if watching American sports is rough because of all the adverts.

What are the Chiefs like? Can the Bengals win that one?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024