Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Religious freedom 09:35 - Sep 23 with 3949 viewsCatullus

Now for my money, you can't give people religious freedom and then moan when they exercise their right. Personally I disagree with this but it's what this particular version of Christianity preaches so they have to be allowed to practise it too, don't they?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63003282

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Religious freedom on 09:45 - Sep 27 with 900 viewsonehunglow

Religious freedom on 22:06 - Sep 26 by Luther27

Perhaps this may explain. The African Church is far more conservative in their views of Christianity than the West.
The Bible defines marriage in Genesis 2:24 as a union between one man and one woman

Absolutely it is the case that homophobia is not only evident but preached in the Bible Old Testament.Nothing can change that fact.

African countries are often driven by religion

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Religious freedom on 10:20 - Sep 27 with 879 viewsBryanSwan

Religious freedom on 22:04 - Sep 25 by Catullus

We don't allow under 18's to drink alcohol yet we allow them to vote? There's a very good reason for it, your average 16 year old isn't responsible enough to be given such a massive choice.
Personally I think there's a valid argument for icreasing the voting age to 21. At 18 I was very anti tory and very pro independence but I know now that back then I knew absolutely nothing, I voted but in sheer ignorance of pretty much all of it. I know a lot more now but there's still a lot I don't know.

At 16 you are allowed to work, so why shouldn't you be allowed to vote?
I'm sure there are many over the age of 18 who do not have a clue, so why does that make any difference.

Peoples views change as they go through their lives, just because you think something different now it still doesn't mean that that is right.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Religious freedom on 15:09 - Sep 27 with 839 viewsLuther27

Religious freedom on 09:45 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

Absolutely it is the case that homophobia is not only evident but preached in the Bible Old Testament.Nothing can change that fact.

African countries are often driven by religion

Thing is low we can’t label the Bible as being homophobic as it was written with a religious background and not a social one. We view the scriptures in a modern day context hence the C of E inauguration of women into the church and same sex marriage which the likes of the African and some American diocese abhors as it contradicts the bible. There was discussion a few years ago about Africa breaking away from the Church but I’ve no idea the current situation.
Religious freedom on 16:35 - Sep 27 with 828 viewsonehunglow

Religious freedom on 15:09 - Sep 27 by Luther27

Thing is low we can’t label the Bible as being homophobic as it was written with a religious background and not a social one. We view the scriptures in a modern day context hence the C of E inauguration of women into the church and same sex marriage which the likes of the African and some American diocese abhors as it contradicts the bible. There was discussion a few years ago about Africa breaking away from the Church but I’ve no idea the current situation.

Fundamental Christian’s believe it the word of God and non negotiable Levitus is there for all to read and squirm .you can’t adhere to bits of a bible .All or nothing ,with apologies to Stevie Marriott

Religious freedom on 17:01 - Sep 27 with 820 viewsLuther27

Religious freedom on 16:35 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

Fundamental Christian’s believe it the word of God and non negotiable Levitus is there for all to read and squirm .you can’t adhere to bits of a bible .All or nothing ,with apologies to Stevie Marriott

I agree. These issues do not appear in Islam.
Religious freedom on 18:10 - Sep 27 with 790 viewsonehunglow

Religious freedom on 17:01 - Sep 27 by Luther27

I think Islams view of women is cultural That said Mohammed was just a prophet Hope you weren’t named after Martin I hate that name

Religious freedom on 18:16 - Sep 27 with 787 viewsonehunglow

Religious freedom on 17:01 - Sep 27 by Luther27

I think Islams view of women is cultural That said Mohammed was just a prophet Hope you weren’t named after Martin I hate that name

Religious freedom on 18:17 - Sep 27 with 784 viewsLuther27

Religious freedom on 18:16 - Sep 27 by onehunglow

Now that did make me laugh!
Login to get fewer ads

Religious freedom on 18:29 - Sep 27 with 777 viewsonehunglow

Religious freedom on 18:17 - Sep 27 by Luther27

Now that did make me laugh!

You’re a class poster ,Sir .Knew two lads ,one named Calvin,the other Luther . PArents eh

Religious freedom on 20:20 - Sep 27 with 728 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Religious freedom on 22:06 - Sep 26 by Luther27

Perhaps this may explain. The African Church is far more conservative in their views of Christianity than the West.
The Bible defines marriage in Genesis 2:24 as a union between one man and one woman

Anglicanism is fraught with contradictions- the West Indian Dioceses also believe the same. As did the Anglican Church in this country until not so long ago.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Religious freedom on 07:48 - Sep 28 with 700 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Religious freedom on 10:20 - Sep 27 by BryanSwan

At 16 you are allowed to work, so why shouldn't you be allowed to vote?
I'm sure there are many over the age of 18 who do not have a clue, so why does that make any difference.

Peoples views change as they go through their lives, just because you think something different now it still doesn't mean that that is right.

You are allowed to work part time any younger than 16 would you give then the vote as well.

Child actors can work from very young. So how young do you think you should be able to vote at? Is your only criteria to vote being in work. That would mean 25% of the adult population could not vote.

I think the main criteria is being an adult which is 18.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Religious freedom on 07:58 - Sep 28 with 688 viewstrampie

Religious freedom on 07:48 - Sep 28 by felixstowe_jack

You are allowed to work part time any younger than 16 would you give then the vote as well.

Child actors can work from very young. So how young do you think you should be able to vote at? Is your only criteria to vote being in work. That would mean 25% of the adult population could not vote.

I think the main criteria is being an adult which is 18.

They can join the army at 16 and therefore as a result of that be killed for king and country.
They can work full-time at 16 and pay taxes.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Religious freedom on 08:55 - Sep 28 with 680 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Religious freedom on 07:58 - Sep 28 by trampie

They can join the army at 16 and therefore as a result of that be killed for king and country.
They can work full-time at 16 and pay taxes.

Still not an adult until 18. Not allowed to fight in the army until 18 so can't be killed for King and County.
Only adults should have the vote.
School children should not be voting.

Religious freedom on 09:13 - Sep 28 with 672 viewstrampie

Religious freedom on 08:55 - Sep 28 by felixstowe_jack

Still not an adult until 18. Not allowed to fight in the army until 18 so can't be killed for King and County.
Only adults should have the vote.
School children should not be voting.

Bases are legitimate targets are they not, they can be killed in the service of the king at 16.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Religious freedom on 09:34 - Sep 28 with 662 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Religious freedom on 09:13 - Sep 28 by trampie

Bases are legitimate targets are they not, they can be killed in the service of the king at 16.

So can women and children in a war so still no reason to give children a vote . Not sure why you have turned this post into a debate on democratic voting ages when it is about religious freedom.

Still would be great if people women and men were given a vote in most Islamic countries.

Religious freedom on 09:37 - Sep 28 with 661 viewsonehunglow

Religious freedom on 09:34 - Sep 28 by felixstowe_jack

So can women and children in a war so still no reason to give children a vote . Not sure why you have turned this post into a debate on democratic voting ages when it is about religious freedom.

Still would be great if people women and men were given a vote in most Islamic countries.

Might have Welsh Indy connotations and fact they want to lower the voting age.12 seems a good age

Religious freedom on 11:05 - Sep 28 with 649 viewsCountyJim

Religious freedom on 21:12 - Sep 23 by onehunglow

Really.
Wel,name me any athletic organisation that sanctions deaths on non adherents

Take your time

I ll,see thee in the morning

You really are not very bright are you
Religious freedom on 12:29 - Sep 28 with 637 viewsonehunglow

Religious freedom on 11:05 - Sep 28 by CountyJim

You really are not very bright are you

Well true but you seem to latch on to my posts pretty quickly.
Now sticking to the topic,yiu name me such athletic organisations. If yiu can’t,then it makes you looks even less bright than me

Don’t forget ,you’re the religious adherent not me and you don’t show any of those Christian attributes .

May your God go with you

[Post edited 28 Sep 2022 12:32]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024