Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch inspection 09:54 - Dec 16 with 1062 viewsWitham

With the ground still frozen here in Witham do we know when the pitch inspection is ahead of Saturday's game ?
Pitch inspection on 10:10 - Dec 16 with 1047 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I live less than a mile from the ground and unless the pitch has been covered for the last week or so there's no way it won't be frozen.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Pitch inspection on 11:16 - Dec 16 with 1035 viewsLeadbelly

Forecast is for sub zero temperatures from 16.00 today until 08.00 tomorrow. -4 for much of the night. I’ve just been out with the dog and the pitches at Mistley Rugby Club are rock hard, even with the sun on them for a couple of hours. Pitch being playable tomorrow seems unlikely.

With the train strike and difficult travelling from the north west it would seem sensible to make a decision today.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Pitch inspection on 11:42 - Dec 16 with 1032 viewsRSCOSWORTH

If it's not playable now it's certainly not going to be at 15:00 tomorrow. I'd be very surprised if it's not frozen solid already. I see Northampton have already moved their game to Tuesday. Wonder if we could do that? Actually aren't we playing Cambridge in the FA Youth Cup then?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Pitch inspection on 12:04 - Dec 16 with 1028 viewsdurham_exile

Witham good call.

Pitch inspection today at 1230hrs

Covers have been on all week.

If there is any doubt then call it off but I reckon it should be ok.

Up the sub zero U's

Durham_exile

Pitch inspection on 12:20 - Dec 16 with 1023 viewsthrillseeker

Pitch inspection on 12:04 - Dec 16 by durham_exile

Witham good call.

Pitch inspection today at 1230hrs

Covers have been on all week.

If there is any doubt then call it off but I reckon it should be ok.

Up the sub zero U's

Daytime temperatures have not gone above 0C for last 3 days and with an expected -3 tonight.

It will be a miracle if game is on unless covers are heated which I doubt very much.
Pitch inspection on 13:27 - Dec 16 with 983 viewsthrillseeker

GAME OFF

Personally think this is correct decision taking into account freezing conditions of last 3-4 days and expected cold overnight temperature
Pitch inspection on 14:01 - Dec 16 with 975 viewsWitham

Hopefully will be rearranged after the transfer window when we will have signed a genuine striker. Oh, hang on, just seen a squadron of pigs in blankets
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024