Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Quigley - Explain 17:12 - Jan 2 with 10257 viewsBoss_Hog

I don't get to see many matches live, but I've taken in Doncaster and Barrow in recent days.

Can somebody explain what Scott Quigley offers our team and quite how he's managed 180+ minutes in these fixtures?

For me, his workrate is appalling, he fails to hold the ball up and offer any of the attributes of the proverbial target man. He gives the ball away continously and is forever arguing with the referee and throwing his arms out. Perhaps if he wasn't so inept, he'd challenge for headers infront of his marker and stop fouling him.

Calvin hasn't played for us for a few years, but I'd rather have him upfront now than Quigley.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 19:45 - Jan 5 with 3672 viewsNorthernDale

When he joined us, we were not exactly flying high, so he knew he would be involved in a relegation fight. All strikers are to some extent confidence players, if he gets a goal on Saturday for example, he may be transformed into the striker we saw in the beginning of his loan

However it takes two things to happen, one for Quigley to make the effort to get into the box to meet the crosses and crucially for the players to get the ball quickly into the box, rather then passing the ball around the box until they lose it. I also think Quigley needs another striker like Hendo to help create the space for him to get a shot on target. At the moment is he operating like a lone striker, which may not suit him.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 19:48 - Jan 5 with 3663 viewsHullDale

Scott Quigley - Explain on 19:45 - Jan 5 by NorthernDale

When he joined us, we were not exactly flying high, so he knew he would be involved in a relegation fight. All strikers are to some extent confidence players, if he gets a goal on Saturday for example, he may be transformed into the striker we saw in the beginning of his loan

However it takes two things to happen, one for Quigley to make the effort to get into the box to meet the crosses and crucially for the players to get the ball quickly into the box, rather then passing the ball around the box until they lose it. I also think Quigley needs another striker like Hendo to help create the space for him to get a shot on target. At the moment is he operating like a lone striker, which may not suit him.

Agree with him needing players, and pace, around him.

Campbell is visibly involved in the training video released today... I really hope that's a good sign for Sat - I can see Quigleyb& Campbell linking up really well.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 13:33 - Jan 6 with 3394 viewsDaleiLama

Without knowing details of current injury status, it's not fair to judge, but took my g/fs dad to last home game. He trained with the Leeds team of the 70s, but never broke into the first X1. Instead followed a non-playing career to support his family, but coached and managed at amateur level. He took one look at SQ and asked what he was doing on the pitch, correctly observing that he very rarely troubles opponents back 4s. He contrasted him to Bees, who he's also seen @ the COA, who constantly harried, ran off the back shoulder of a marker and generally gave defenders fits. Can't fault his analysis and it's what I've thought since he came back from injury. If SQ is fully fit (and it's a big if), he doesn't belong here.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Scott Quigley - Explain on 13:56 - Jan 6 with 3346 viewsscooby

Scott Quigley - Explain on 13:33 - Jan 6 by DaleiLama

Without knowing details of current injury status, it's not fair to judge, but took my g/fs dad to last home game. He trained with the Leeds team of the 70s, but never broke into the first X1. Instead followed a non-playing career to support his family, but coached and managed at amateur level. He took one look at SQ and asked what he was doing on the pitch, correctly observing that he very rarely troubles opponents back 4s. He contrasted him to Bees, who he's also seen @ the COA, who constantly harried, ran off the back shoulder of a marker and generally gave defenders fits. Can't fault his analysis and it's what I've thought since he came back from injury. If SQ is fully fit (and it's a big if), he doesn't belong here.

Fairly sure Blackpool would be happy to give us back Bees... done little there apparently.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 13:58 - Jan 6 with 3318 views49thseason

Scott Quigley - Explain on 13:56 - Jan 6 by scooby

Fairly sure Blackpool would be happy to give us back Bees... done little there apparently.

Been injured....but I would have him back on loan for the 2nd half of the season.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 14:18 - Jan 6 with 3254 viewsAtThePeake

Scott Quigley - Explain on 13:58 - Jan 6 by 49thseason

Been injured....but I would have him back on loan for the 2nd half of the season.

He's started catching lately, started both games between Xmas and New Year and come off the bench in the game since. Non-starter.

Tangled up in blue.

Scott Quigley - Explain on 22:23 - Jan 10 with 2782 viewsHullDale

What a weird reaction from Quigley tonight.

Stormed off to the dressing room straight away at full time, whilst the rest of the team came over to the away end.
Scott Quigley - Explain on 22:40 - Jan 10 with 2684 viewsDaleiLama

Scott Quigley - Explain on 22:23 - Jan 10 by HullDale

What a weird reaction from Quigley tonight.

Stormed off to the dressing room straight away at full time, whilst the rest of the team came over to the away end.

Hopefully he didn't stop til he got to Stockport

Login to get fewer ads

Scott Quigley - Explain on 22:44 - Jan 10 with 2644 viewsD_Alien

Scott Quigley - Explain on 22:40 - Jan 10 by DaleiLama

Hopefully he didn't stop til he got to Stockport

If he's "heading" that way, he might just miss it altogether and end up in Glossop

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scott Quigley - Explain on 22:54 - Jan 10 with 2583 viewsDaleiLama

Scott Quigley - Explain on 22:44 - Jan 10 by D_Alien

If he's "heading" that way, he might just miss it altogether and end up in Glossop

I'll find him a bench to sit on if he shows up

Scott Quigley - Explain on 12:00 - Jan 11 with 2109 viewsfitzochris

I'd be keen to find out what the issue is with Quigley. I've usually no time for petulance, but he is a capable player, as seen with my own eyes. He has single handedly impacted on two games (Carlisle and Barrow) and could be a real asset in our survival bid if his frame of mind is put right.

He hasn't looked right since the needless injury he picked up against Salford, but there is clearly another issue here too.

It needs to be sorted.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 12:01]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Scott Quigley - Explain on 12:35 - Jan 11 with 1998 viewsdingdangblue

Seen a video of the player celebrations last night. Indeed Quigley gives a half hearted clap to the fans then strolls off on his own to the changing rooms while the other players and staff are enjoying celebrating the massive win, lots of hugs and fist pumps. If Quigley doesn't want to be here then he needs to get gone quick - in our predicament we don't need that sort of attitude.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Scott Quigley - Explain on 13:07 - Jan 11 with 1888 viewsJames1980

Are fans of any of his previous clubs seeing history repeat itself I wonder.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 13:08]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Scott Quigley - Explain on 14:39 - Jan 11 with 1683 viewsJames1980

Scott Quigley - Explain on 13:07 - Jan 11 by James1980

Are fans of any of his previous clubs seeing history repeat itself I wonder.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 13:08]

Has he struggled to find form after injury at previous clubs? How has his attitude been after coming back from injury or being dropped? Does he feel he should have been given more recovery time or perhaps even less? Is he annoyed with EBJ bringing him on in the game he got injured in?

Scott Quigley - Explain on 15:55 - Jan 11 with 1513 viewsnordenblue

Scott Quigley - Explain on 14:39 - Jan 11 by James1980

Has he struggled to find form after injury at previous clubs? How has his attitude been after coming back from injury or being dropped? Does he feel he should have been given more recovery time or perhaps even less? Is he annoyed with EBJ bringing him on in the game he got injured in?

Is he a professional footballer, should he be doing as hes asked by his current employer?.....
Scott Quigley - Explain on 16:24 - Jan 11 with 1413 viewsDaleiLama

Scott Quigley - Explain on 12:00 - Jan 11 by fitzochris

I'd be keen to find out what the issue is with Quigley. I've usually no time for petulance, but he is a capable player, as seen with my own eyes. He has single handedly impacted on two games (Carlisle and Barrow) and could be a real asset in our survival bid if his frame of mind is put right.

He hasn't looked right since the needless injury he picked up against Salford, but there is clearly another issue here too.

It needs to be sorted.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 12:01]

As would I. I also agree with all of the above and on paper, he and Hendo should be a dream partnership. The question for me, is how long should we keep paying him to find out what's wrong? Also, based on the last two outings, Rodney offers far more at present. He scored and hit the post in those matches. Quigley looks like the only thing he's going to be hitting is the sack.

Scott Quigley - Explain on 16:36 - Jan 11 with 1373 viewsJames1980

Scott Quigley - Explain on 15:55 - Jan 11 by nordenblue

Is he a professional footballer, should he be doing as hes asked by his current employer?.....

Fans criticised EBJ for bringing him on during the EFL trophy match against Salford. SQ may have not had a problem coming on as a sub but questioned if it was such a good idea after getting injured. If he is still carrying a knock will he be able to carry out his employer's instructions to the best of his ability?

Scott Quigley - Explain on 18:34 - Jan 11 with 1176 views49thseason

If Quigley and Henderson were to be a productive partnership, it would require Quigley to be a much bigger problem for defences than he is. He rarely wins a header from a ball out of our defence , nor does he cause many problems from set pieces, he doesn't have any real pace, quick feet or a thunderous shot. That he spent a lot of his time against Barrow 35 yards from goal trying to avoid their centre backs and watching his own defence says something about his experience at this level.
He has to get on the centre backs shoulders on the half turn and be ready for a charge into the penalty area, especially with Lloyd playing wide and crosses coming in from White. Rodney is a more natural front man but without the physical attributes, like Quigley he doesnt win headers, but he has some pace and occasionally hits a decent shot, certainly he keeps the ball better, would Quigley have won last nights penalty? Probably not
Scott Quigley - Explain on 18:37 - Jan 11 with 1145 viewsnordenblue

Scott Quigley - Explain on 16:36 - Jan 11 by James1980

Fans criticised EBJ for bringing him on during the EFL trophy match against Salford. SQ may have not had a problem coming on as a sub but questioned if it was such a good idea after getting injured. If he is still carrying a knock will he be able to carry out his employer's instructions to the best of his ability?

I'd be inclined to believe JB knows exactly what's going on regarding his injury and if he's "fit" enough, he will then make a call when/if to utilise SQ.

If he's not keen on what he's being asked to do by his employer, considering it's a "reasonable" request I'd say he'd be better off fooking off back to Stockport and let them pay his wages instead, if he's willing to pull his weight and graft then great.... the tail can't be allowed to wag the dog.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 18:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024