Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman's Statement 17:02 - Jan 5 with 42580 viewsHullDale

Chairman's Statement on 13:09 - Jan 10 with 4792 viewsDalenet

Chairman's Statement on 12:38 - Jan 10 by James1980

Now when people buy a ticket in the office for an individual match is a seat allocated or is it a case of sit in any unreserved seat?

There is no unreserved seating anymore James. All tickets have a seat number. There really isn't a need to have season ticket stickers on seats either. Of course what happens is that people ignore the seat number on their ticket and sit where they want and it causes problems with people that have bought that particular seat. Bizarre really as they wouldn't do it in the cinema or theatre.
Chairman's Statement on 13:29 - Jan 10 with 4703 viewsJames1980

Chairman's Statement on 13:09 - Jan 10 by Dalenet

There is no unreserved seating anymore James. All tickets have a seat number. There really isn't a need to have season ticket stickers on seats either. Of course what happens is that people ignore the seat number on their ticket and sit where they want and it causes problems with people that have bought that particular seat. Bizarre really as they wouldn't do it in the cinema or theatre.

So a need to have access to the 'reservation' is a requirement for the seated stands. But can't see a reasob why The Sandy shouldn't have one cash turnstile and or tickets available from one of the bars.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Chairman's Statement on 13:36 - Jan 10 with 4693 viewsDaleiLama

Not necessarily James - if you took (for example Block B, seats 1-20, rows C to F inclusive) that would give you 4x20 seats. I'm sure some people are already sat in these seats - I just used this as an example. From those 80 seats, you could allocate them to potd and mates could still sit together depending on how seats were sold. Unsold tickets could then be refunded back on to the system to give an accurate gate. Logically speaking anyway?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Chairman's Statement on 14:28 - Jan 10 with 4543 viewsDalenet

Chairman's Statement on 13:36 - Jan 10 by DaleiLama

Not necessarily James - if you took (for example Block B, seats 1-20, rows C to F inclusive) that would give you 4x20 seats. I'm sure some people are already sat in these seats - I just used this as an example. From those 80 seats, you could allocate them to potd and mates could still sit together depending on how seats were sold. Unsold tickets could then be refunded back on to the system to give an accurate gate. Logically speaking anyway?

Yep that is the way to do it
Chairman's Statement on 15:17 - Jan 10 with 4388 viewsJames1980

So why not trial this for the next 5 home games and see how it goes?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Chairman's Statement on 15:36 - Jan 10 with 4331 viewsA_Newby

Chairman's Statement on 14:28 - Jan 10 by Dalenet

Yep that is the way to do it

So, summarising the suggestion is to run a trial for several home league games (5 or 10?) where:

In the Radcliffe (or just the Dale?) bars some pay on the day tickets made available to purchase.

For the Sandy Lane terrace 80 tickets available.

For the main and Pearl Street stands, two blocks each of 80 seats available.

These blocks of seats to be consecutive and contiguous e.g. Block B, rows C to F inclusive.

These seats allocated and sold to the pay on the day supporters to allow friends and families to sit together.

Details of tickets sold and unsold tickets (returned) to be entered onto the system to give accurate attendance figures.

At the end of the trial, the records of the pay on the day tickets sold in the bar analysed to determine if the trial is worth making a permanent service.
Chairman's Statement on 17:11 - Jan 10 with 4170 views442Dale

Chairman's Statement on 15:36 - Jan 10 by A_Newby

So, summarising the suggestion is to run a trial for several home league games (5 or 10?) where:

In the Radcliffe (or just the Dale?) bars some pay on the day tickets made available to purchase.

For the Sandy Lane terrace 80 tickets available.

For the main and Pearl Street stands, two blocks each of 80 seats available.

These blocks of seats to be consecutive and contiguous e.g. Block B, rows C to F inclusive.

These seats allocated and sold to the pay on the day supporters to allow friends and families to sit together.

Details of tickets sold and unsold tickets (returned) to be entered onto the system to give accurate attendance figures.

At the end of the trial, the records of the pay on the day tickets sold in the bar analysed to determine if the trial is worth making a permanent service.

Sounds like a good idea.

Then could it be trialled with the turnstile operator on the Sandy Lane who currently just scans tickets? Give him X amount and advertise a cash turnstile and see what the take up is. This could be run for a separate game to establish the effectiveness of each scheme.

I’m sure these ideas will be noted by the Trust/Club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chairman's Statement on 17:34 - Jan 10 with 4118 viewskel

Chairman's Statement on 13:09 - Jan 10 by Dalenet

Yep. I’ve said before that I always book seats right at the edge of a row so my kids don’t disturb others getting up and down for the toilet and food. Once had a club employee sat in one of them after half time and let’s just say he wasn’t very customer friendly despite having it on his hi vis at some games. Apparently he could sit there as it didn’t have a reserved sticker and he even invited me to make a complaint such was his arrogance.
Login to get fewer ads

Chairman's Statement on 12:13 - Jan 17 with 3731 viewsHullDale

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rochdale-af
Chairman's Statement on 16:36 - Jan 17 with 3268 viewsBrierls

Chairman's Statement on 12:13 - Jan 17 by HullDale

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rochdale-af

That's clearer than anything we've put out on the OS.
Chairman's Statement on 17:31 - Jan 17 with 3146 viewsD_Alien

Chairman's Statement on 16:36 - Jan 17 by Brierls

That's clearer than anything we've put out on the OS.

Indeed. The Chairman seems to suggest as much, following criticism (in some quarters) of the original statement
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 17:31]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chairman's Statement on 18:00 - Jan 17 with 3052 views442Dale

Chairman's Statement on 17:31 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Indeed. The Chairman seems to suggest as much, following criticism (in some quarters) of the original statement
[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 17:31]

More detail around decision making and events encourages supporters to understand and appreciate where the club is at. It also prompts discussion and the ability to raise further questions that should be answered to ensure the transparency of any process in the future is as effective as possible. Something those involved at the club will welcome.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Chairman's Statement on 18:11 - Jan 17 with 3017 viewsBillyRudd

Chairman's Statement on 12:13 - Jan 17 by HullDale

Personally I would like to hear a little more about what is going to happen in the next 14 days to ward off what is looking more and more like the inevitable drop, despite SG,s stated confidence.
Grandiose schemes for self funding training grounds and blather about community involvement are frankly irrelevant at this time .
It feels to me that we are sleepwalking into the National League.
Chairman's Statement on 18:38 - Jan 17 with 2931 viewsBrierls

Chairman's Statement on 18:11 - Jan 17 by BillyRudd

Personally I would like to hear a little more about what is going to happen in the next 14 days to ward off what is looking more and more like the inevitable drop, despite SG,s stated confidence.
Grandiose schemes for self funding training grounds and blather about community involvement are frankly irrelevant at this time .

"Grandiose schemes for self funding training grounds and blather about community involvement" aren't irrelevant, at any time.

It is possible to deal with the here and now, as well as looking for investment.

EBJ has stated in interviews that he knows what he's working with, he's identified targets, and they're trying to improve the squad.

What more would you like to hear about? A dossier on who we've targeted? How much our January budget is?
Chairman's Statement on 19:05 - Jan 17 with 2846 viewsD_Alien

Chairman's Statement on 18:11 - Jan 17 by BillyRudd

Anyone who thinks the club are "sleepwalking" can only have been doing so themselves since Billy Rudd's day, has little understanding of our finances and the mindset of any pro footballer who we'll have approached to join us

Other than that, why don't you email the Chairman (under your real name) and ask him what he's doing to help secure our football league status

[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 19:22]

Chairman's Statement on 19:50 - Jan 17 with 2700 viewsBillyRudd

Chairman's Statement on 19:05 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Anyone who thinks the club are "sleepwalking" can only have been doing so themselves since Billy Rudd's day, has little understanding of our finances and the mindset of any pro footballer who we'll have approached to join us

Other than that, why don't you email the Chairman (under your real name) and ask him what he's doing to help secure our football league status

[Post edited 17 Jan 2023 19:22]

Knew you two would be the first to bite
Chairman's Statement on 19:56 - Jan 17 with 2691 viewsD_Alien

Chairman's Statement on 19:50 - Jan 17 by BillyRudd

Knew you two would be the first to bite

So just remind us all, what is the basis for your criticism?

You know damn well it was brainless, and your response just confirms it

Chairman's Statement on 20:29 - Jan 17 with 2588 viewsrkershaw

Chairman's Statement on 19:56 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

So just remind us all, what is the basis for your criticism?

You know damn well it was brainless, and your response just confirms it

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1162806308?-1906:1007
Chairman's Statement on 20:41 - Jan 17 with 2544 viewsD_Alien

Chairman's Statement on 20:29 - Jan 17 by rkershaw

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1162806308?-1906:1007

How does re-posting it impact upon BillyRudd's assertion that we're "sleepwalking" ?

His point about the Chairman's longer term plans have already been answered by Brierls

Chairman's Statement on 22:16 - Jan 17 with 2334 viewsNewbury_Dale

We are a football club when all said and done and the line about the board now taking a greater interest in footballing matters grates somewhat. Too late. They really should have done this from the start, or at least brought in a person with footballing experience to provide the bridge between boardroom and manager. There have been some very poor footballing decisions made. Examples which spring to mind; allowing Stockdale to travel to away games separately, and spend part of the week in the north east. Plus the length of some player contracts.
Chairman's Statement on 09:28 - Jan 18 with 1981 viewselectricblue

"There have been some very poor footballing decisions made. Examples which spring to mind; allowing Stockdale to travel to away games separately, and spend part of the week in the north east. Plus the length of some player contracts."

If this is true and with the club being in the situation during RS tenure then it was a shocking appointment by the board......
[Post edited 18 Jan 2023 9:29]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Chairman's Statement on 09:57 - Jan 18 with 1914 viewsBillyRudd

Chairman's Statement on 22:16 - Jan 17 by Newbury_Dale

We are a football club when all said and done and the line about the board now taking a greater interest in footballing matters grates somewhat. Too late. They really should have done this from the start, or at least brought in a person with footballing experience to provide the bridge between boardroom and manager. There have been some very poor footballing decisions made. Examples which spring to mind; allowing Stockdale to travel to away games separately, and spend part of the week in the north east. Plus the length of some player contracts.

I did,nt realise RS was effectively "part time"! Goes someway in explaining why some of his players have been over 90 minutes, this season.
Chairman's Statement on 10:13 - Jan 18 with 1830 viewsAtThePeake

Chairman's Statement on 09:57 - Jan 18 by BillyRudd

I did,nt realise RS was effectively "part time"! Goes someway in explaining why some of his players have been over 90 minutes, this season.

I'm not sure how fair this is. There are plenty of things to criticise from Stockdale's reign but him heading home to see his family occasionally isn't one of them.

Tangled up in blue.

Chairman's Statement on 11:05 - Jan 18 with 1672 viewsBillyRudd

Chairman's Statement on 10:13 - Jan 18 by AtThePeake

I'm not sure how fair this is. There are plenty of things to criticise from Stockdale's reign but him heading home to see his family occasionally isn't one of them.

Neither would I AtthePeake if it wa,snt for the fact that it took until our 6th league game to get a single point on the board and that the opposition always managed to look fitter, sharper and more committed than we did.
It was a start that inspite of JB best endavours, we have never recovered from.
Leaders lead by example.
Perhaps I have totally missed the point. With the current vogue for visionary planning for the future and charitable works, perhaps his signing of the likes of Ball, John and Rodney on two year contracts was planning for the National North League.
Personally I just want to watch my team put in a shift on the field and not self destruct most weeks.
Chairman's Statement on 12:24 - Jan 18 with 1517 viewsD_Alien

Chairman's Statement on 11:05 - Jan 18 by BillyRudd

Neither would I AtthePeake if it wa,snt for the fact that it took until our 6th league game to get a single point on the board and that the opposition always managed to look fitter, sharper and more committed than we did.
It was a start that inspite of JB best endavours, we have never recovered from.
Leaders lead by example.
Perhaps I have totally missed the point. With the current vogue for visionary planning for the future and charitable works, perhaps his signing of the likes of Ball, John and Rodney on two year contracts was planning for the National North League.
Personally I just want to watch my team put in a shift on the field and not self destruct most weeks.

You must be uniquely alone in wanting that

Meanwhile, planning for the future to provide for a team that will do that consistently in years to come - for your sole benefit - is going ahead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024