Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Shan 08:18 - Jan 19 with 7583 viewsIOMDale

An interesting little read from Jimmy Shan, talking about his coaching career.

https://trainingground.guru/articles/academy-to-first-team-jimmy-shans-lessons-f

I’ve no doubt the issues about his time here are real and he accepts himself that he should have done a lot more research before he joined. However, he has to accept that himself and Robbie got it badly wrong in terms of recruitment and style when they did have money to spend in that January window.

UTDNFS

Jimmy Shan on 18:28 - Jan 19 with 2307 views442Dale

Jimmy Shan on 18:23 - Jan 19 by EllDale

I believe that Barrow train at Hopwood Hall (or did) so presumably it’s fit for purpose.

It was when Evatt was there. Don’t think they’re there any more.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jimmy Shan on 22:09 - Jan 19 with 2053 viewsjoecooke

Jimmy Shan on 18:14 - Jan 19 by NorthernDale

I often wondered, why we have not worked with Hopwood Hall College in Middleton to develop the facilities there for both the Dale and Hopwood Hall College, it is a fairly big site, with existing facilities, that could be developed.

The Rochdale academy teams a few years ago used that facility . Prior to that they played the games in Salford at the old University campus at Castle Irwell.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Jimmy Shan on 16:47 - Jan 20 with 1714 viewsEllDale

He does come across well in this interview I suppose.
But the old cynic in me wonders if this is all part of the footballing rehabilitation of Jimmy Shan and Robbie Stockdale?
Restoring tarnished reputations with some spin?
Jimmy Shan on 18:22 - Jan 20 with 1565 views49thseason

Jimmy Shan on 22:09 - Jan 19 by joecooke

The Rochdale academy teams a few years ago used that facility . Prior to that they played the games in Salford at the old University campus at Castle Irwell.

Shan on Redbrook, a complete pack of nonsense

The Lacrosse Club plays on Saturdays, there have been no Sunday games since before Covid even then only the womens team played on Sundays. Sometimes 2 teams were scheduled at home on Saturdays, they used 1 pitch each. They do not play in "any weather" ,they dont play when the pitches are waterlogged. The Lacrosse club trains at Matthew Moss during the winter as there are no lights at Redbrook.

The deal with the Lacrosse club is that in return for using the pitches (when the Lacrosse club isn't), RAFC maintains the pitches. Its the footballers who use them in "any weather" several days per week.

It ill becomes the football club that they tried to train on the pitches on the Saturday afternoon of New Years Eve when Lacrosse players were taking advantage of the holiday to train as there were no matches. One of the coaching team " squared up" to fully kitted Lacrosse players who intended to train on their pitch, at a time when RAFC had made no prior arrangement to be there. They then tried the old " this is a professional club and you aren't" argument, which went down like the proverbial bowl of sick.

To say the use of the Lacrosse pitches is under some strain would be an understatement, but it is the owners of the pitches, the Lacrosse Club, who will have the last say. Possibly to the further financial detriment of the football club.

This whole training venue issue has nothing to do with the Lacrosse club, one of the oldest sporting clubs in the town (1888)and one of the worlds 10 oldest Lacrosse clubs. They have allowed the football club to use their pitches without monetary payment for several years for 1st team training and occasionally for saturday morning youth training and pre- match fitness tests . The relationship has been fine up to the departure of BBM and its only since the arrival of Shan that this " not fit for purpose " narrative has set in. He may be right and the club does need a dedicated facility but for RAFC staff to play the " big I am" with Lacrosse players wanting to play on their own pitch is beyond the pale and the situation at Redbrook needs to be carefully explained to the RAFC staff. If Platt Lane is altogether better, good, lets see how the results improve and if the expense is worth it.

I wonder if Shan has ever seen high level Lacrosse? If he had he would have more respect.
Jimmy Shan on 21:22 - Jan 20 with 1435 viewsoddjob007

The article and this thread just lays clear what a really poor appointment RS and JS was.

Neither party appears to have done any homework and it feels like RS simply came across as a decent bloke in the interview.

The management team were clearly used to top facilities, a team of support staff the size of a small army and coaching academy kids, not the rigors of league 2 football without a pot to p155 in!

Makes you wonder if Bentley had got the job a year earlier…
Jimmy Shan on 08:35 - Jan 21 with 1156 viewselectricblue

Jimmy Shan on 21:22 - Jan 20 by oddjob007

The article and this thread just lays clear what a really poor appointment RS and JS was.

Neither party appears to have done any homework and it feels like RS simply came across as a decent bloke in the interview.

The management team were clearly used to top facilities, a team of support staff the size of a small army and coaching academy kids, not the rigors of league 2 football without a pot to p155 in!

Makes you wonder if Bentley had got the job a year earlier…

If Bentley did get the job instead of RS and JS would the team be in the situation on the pitch that they are in now.
No i dont they they would be as we have seen a difference in JB team than the previous management duo.
Some of he players we have now at Dale would be elsewhere and i like to think better quality at the club and most probably a team in mid table or slightly higher.
The only situation that would remain the same is the finances difficulty the club faces...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Jimmy Shan on 08:49 - Jan 21 with 1137 viewsfourfourtwo

Jimmy Shan on 08:35 - Jan 21 by electricblue

If Bentley did get the job instead of RS and JS would the team be in the situation on the pitch that they are in now.
No i dont they they would be as we have seen a difference in JB team than the previous management duo.
Some of he players we have now at Dale would be elsewhere and i like to think better quality at the club and most probably a team in mid table or slightly higher.
The only situation that would remain the same is the finances difficulty the club faces...

To an extent. Bentley also might not have blown god knows how much money RS did on utter tosh last January. I remember seeing directors tweeting last January “if Carlsberg did January transfer windows”. Crikey, how wrong they were.

I never understand how failures like RS & JS can do job as bad as what they did with us, yet both now end up with new jobs at clubs higher up the food chain.

There’s so much nepotism & “jobs for the lads” culture in football it’s untrue.
Jimmy Shan on 09:28 - Jan 21 with 1094 viewselectricblue

Jimmy Shan on 08:49 - Jan 21 by fourfourtwo

To an extent. Bentley also might not have blown god knows how much money RS did on utter tosh last January. I remember seeing directors tweeting last January “if Carlsberg did January transfer windows”. Crikey, how wrong they were.

I never understand how failures like RS & JS can do job as bad as what they did with us, yet both now end up with new jobs at clubs higher up the food chain.

There’s so much nepotism & “jobs for the lads” culture in football it’s untrue.

Surprising how failure gets rewarded one way or another.
Take where my missus works( not name dropping) the amount of real quality experienced staff that where told where made redundant only to be replaced by clueless i dont give a toss brigade and i will do it my way regardless of company protocol is staggering......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024