Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report 03:31 - Jan 23 with 5330 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59410
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 15:31 - Jan 23 with 1386 viewsAntti_Heinola

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 14:58 - Jan 23 by PinnerPaul

People scream for offside everytime the ball played forward AH!

Only one decision that got me out of my seat was when Roberts challenged their player (NOT Manning ugh) and he threw himself to the ground as TR was bearing down on goal and AR gave the foul - never for me.

Manning foul 1st half could have been a yellow but then he let Field off with a similar tactical foul, so consistent within the game, which is all you can ask for.

Dunne pen claim, didn't see live, will watch 90' later & see what I think.

I know mate.
Every week I say 'he hasn't touched it, the lino won't flag til he does' and still they scream.
It's not even a new law anymore.

Bare bones.

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 15:33 - Jan 23 with 1381 viewsNW11R

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 12:00 - Jan 23 by Northernr

I didn’t think we were particularly good or bad. I liked our set up and press to start with, I didn’t to finish with. Some better and proactive subs might be nice, but then there really isn’t much of anything on that bench (JCS and a back 3 would have been my shout too). Missed some great chances and you can’t do that.

It was just two mid table championship teams playing out a mid table championship game, both doing some really daft stuff. And the referee was fine, better than fine in fact.

In fairness to NC, JCS and Johansen were stripped and ready to come on just before they scored, which would've presumably seen us go to a back 5 as many have clamoured for. Saying that, was plain to see the way the game was going and it should have come 5-10 mins earlier.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 16:19 - Jan 23 with 1267 viewsPinnerPaul

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 15:31 - Jan 23 by Antti_Heinola

I know mate.
Every week I say 'he hasn't touched it, the lino won't flag til he does' and still they scream.
It's not even a new law anymore.

I thought it was just me!

Although tbf, you do see defenders appealing as well!
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 16:25 - Jan 23 with 1241 viewsLanhoop

I reckon if I can see Jimmy Dunne's nipples as he is being dragged back by his shirt then it's a nailed on pen. Agree with Paul on the Roberts foul, it never was. Thought the ref was very average overall. If that's an 8 then it's out of 15 not 10
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 16:27 - Jan 23 with 1234 viewsBlue_Castello

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 15:33 - Jan 23 by NW11R

In fairness to NC, JCS and Johansen were stripped and ready to come on just before they scored, which would've presumably seen us go to a back 5 as many have clamoured for. Saying that, was plain to see the way the game was going and it should have come 5-10 mins earlier.

Thanks we could see from the Stan Bowles that he was getting subs ready but didn't know who, it's comforting to know that he could see the problem and was going for the fix, Sod's law they score before he can get them on so he changes his subs with a view to still trying to win the game.
We all know NC has a tough job on his hands and he certainly needs a few weeks to get them playing to his style which appears to be a high tempo, it's a shame we don't have a strong bench it restricts his options.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 16:30 - Jan 23 with 1227 viewsTheChef

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 16:25 - Jan 23 by Lanhoop

I reckon if I can see Jimmy Dunne's nipples as he is being dragged back by his shirt then it's a nailed on pen. Agree with Paul on the Roberts foul, it never was. Thought the ref was very average overall. If that's an 8 then it's out of 15 not 10

Well if you saw his nipples that's good enough for me.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 16:34 - Jan 23 with 1222 viewsdmm

Quite an interesting little analysis for our shape on Saturday

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 16:35 - Jan 23 with 1220 viewsterryb

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 13:00 - Jan 23 by Northernr

JCS I would have had on, as I said.
We're not privvy to things like fitness, illness etc. Maybe Johansen was there literally so he could participate in the warm up by way of getting an extra training session into him on a Saturday?
I think he's slow with his subs generally, but then we were saying that about Beale too, Warbs got stick for his subs, McClaren basically ended up getting pushed over the edge by crowd reaction to one of his subs. My bet is, we won't like the next manager's subs either.

I thought we had two different players stripped & ready to come on before Swansea equalised. I thought Johansen & Dozell , but it may have been Clarke-Salter & one of those two.

Shoring up was then no longer the priority (although perhaps it should have been) & led to Adomah being promoted.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 18:18 - Jan 23 with 1093 viewsdistortR

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 13:17 - Jan 23 by TheChef

Can only assume it's a fitness thing. But how long does it take to get to full fitness? Was he that knackered when he arrived?

Really did not think the ref was very good, certainly no better than others I've seen this season. But we all see the game differently I suppose!

'fitness thing'.
We seem to have a fitness thing, both with injury prone players and those who can't last 90 minutes.
I've read Lowe faded because he hasn't been playing, while Tim faded because he has been playing. And Roberts faded because, well, because he's Roberts.
Tim is 19, a professional footballer and should, imho, be able to play for 90 minutes, ffs.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 19:20 - Jan 23 with 1028 viewsPaddyhoops

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 10:03 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I'd forgotten that!

Stonewall peno.

We had a perfect view of the Dunne peno decision. It’s a foul anywhere else on the pitch .
And a blatant one at that.
Second half at another of our corners , a Swansea defender was holding Lowe in a waist lock .
There’re never given. Not likely to be either. Sadly.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 19:48 - Jan 23 with 984 viewsdistortR

Yeah, I think I said in the game thread, I thought the ref was really weak, giving the easy decision every time. Grappling in the penalty box? Just give the defending team a free kick.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 20:50 - Jan 23 with 906 viewsAndybrat

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 16:27 - Jan 23 by Blue_Castello

Thanks we could see from the Stan Bowles that he was getting subs ready but didn't know who, it's comforting to know that he could see the problem and was going for the fix, Sod's law they score before he can get them on so he changes his subs with a view to still trying to win the game.
We all know NC has a tough job on his hands and he certainly needs a few weeks to get them playing to his style which appears to be a high tempo, it's a shame we don't have a strong bench it restricts his options.

I know we want a stronger bench, but that was compared to other weeks. Bar Luke Amos and the lesser spotted Richards probably as strong a 16 ( or whatever the number is) we can put out. If he was going 5 at the back it was the right call….. You know we played well for 60 odd minutes. 2 wins and we are right back in it….
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:29 - Jan 24 with 736 viewsJuzzie

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:19 - Jan 23 by TheChef

If Lowe had a left foot he sticks that in the open goal - but no he has to try and work it on to his right. Really boils my piss how these pros train virtually every day and still most of them can't use both feet adequately!!

Oh and I thought the ref and assistants were useless, seems the ref left his cards in the dressing room. Both sides should have had a couple of yellows at the very least.

This game felt the epitome of mid table mediocrity. It was my first visit to LR for a couple of months and we can play when we feel like it, but generally we have totally lost our zip and intensity from earlier in the season (blame Beale - but the players can still pull their fingers out). Barring a miraculous upturn in form in the last third of the season, this feels like yet another wasted season. Sigh.

My son (8) has been playing for about 18 months now. For the last 6 months or so while we are practicing in the park I've been encouraging him to use his left foot. Free kicks, penalties, open play etc. Telling him that the time he takes to get it onto his stronger right foot could give defenders time to stop him. Better to have an immediate go and at least have some chance with your left than dally around trying to get it on your right and no chance.
He’s got 9 goals so far this season and at least one, maybe two, have been with his left.

If an 8 year old can do that, a professional League player should too.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 10:04 - Jan 24 with 701 viewsfrancisbowles

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 09:29 - Jan 24 by Juzzie

My son (8) has been playing for about 18 months now. For the last 6 months or so while we are practicing in the park I've been encouraging him to use his left foot. Free kicks, penalties, open play etc. Telling him that the time he takes to get it onto his stronger right foot could give defenders time to stop him. Better to have an immediate go and at least have some chance with your left than dally around trying to get it on your right and no chance.
He’s got 9 goals so far this season and at least one, maybe two, have been with his left.

If an 8 year old can do that, a professional League player should too.

Unfortunately, the longer the habit the harder to break.

Keep encouraging your son with that left Juzzie, it's the best way.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 10:21 - Jan 24 with 665 viewsstanistheman

Agree with that. Why can’t these professionals use both feet? I get one will be stronger but to rarely use both for shooting is poor. I wasn’t a particularly good player but the could use both get for shooting, crossing and passing.

Yes, blame the weasel, but the players are just as guilty. Luton lost Jones and are still winning matches.

Lowe should have scored more, but I will excuse him given that he has hardly played this season, but other players let the team down with their efforts. However I lay more blame on Critchley for his poor use of subs. Wrong time and wrong players. Iroegbenum, Lowe and Roberts were done after about 70 minutes and why wasn’t Johansen brought on to replace the former instead of Dozzell? If not fit, he shouldn’t have been on the bench. He could also have changed formation and brought on Clarke-Salter.
Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 10:45 - Jan 24 with 652 viewsParkRoyalR

Swans stalemate brings up another unwanted set of six for QPR - Report on 10:21 - Jan 24 by stanistheman

Agree with that. Why can’t these professionals use both feet? I get one will be stronger but to rarely use both for shooting is poor. I wasn’t a particularly good player but the could use both get for shooting, crossing and passing.

Yes, blame the weasel, but the players are just as guilty. Luton lost Jones and are still winning matches.

Lowe should have scored more, but I will excuse him given that he has hardly played this season, but other players let the team down with their efforts. However I lay more blame on Critchley for his poor use of subs. Wrong time and wrong players. Iroegbenum, Lowe and Roberts were done after about 70 minutes and why wasn’t Johansen brought on to replace the former instead of Dozzell? If not fit, he shouldn’t have been on the bench. He could also have changed formation and brought on Clarke-Salter.

Agree regards subs and formations,

But in the same way Beale made mistakes in his early games (eg subbing Chair, bringing on three short forwards to see out Charlton game when they were bound to start throwing the ball into the box etc) Critchely is too and is getting to understand the players strengths + weaknesses,

We know Ossie's a great lad and a real tryer but when the game opens up he just tries too hard and can become a liability, likewise think I've gone early but Roberts to me although a good player, struggles to do a competitive disciplined 90 minutes of championship football, similar to Tim,

Critchely will see this soon enough and fix it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024