Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlisle United (H) Match Thread 13:41 - Jan 25 with 15695 viewsIOMDale

I know this one is early but I thought I’d have a quick look at odds for the game and Carlisle are a staggering 5/4. I never tend to bet on our games but that’s like printing money given both sides’ respective form.

UTDNFS

Carlisle United (H) Match Thread on 06:40 - Jan 30 with 1407 viewsfrenzied

Sadly we have only 3 or 4 players with the talent to play at this level consistently..the rest are semi pro standard at best.
Carlisle United (H) Match Thread on 07:26 - Jan 30 with 1323 viewsHullDale

If the rumoured one or two more signings come in this week, & supposing EBJ is looking at signing starters rather than squad players, the first XI could have:

Eastwood
Dodgson
Bennett
Lloyd
Mellor
Quigley
Newbie A
Newbie B

That is 7 or 8 of the starting XI that will be Bentley signings... the 'inherited squad from Stockdale' buffer starts to be removed over the next couple of weeks. We also appear to have addressed some of the training ground issues too.

If we are not seeing big signs of improvement (& points return) by the end of February, the club will have a difficult decision to make. The new manager dead cat bounce has gone, we seem to be getting more and more cards during games, we still look lethargic, team selections are inconcsistent (& at times odd) and we are making substitutions too late in games to positively impact results.

*edited with Bennett*
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 7:42]
Carlisle United (H) Match Thread on 07:33 - Jan 30 with 1306 viewsfourfourtwo

Carlisle United (H) Match Thread on 07:26 - Jan 30 by HullDale

If the rumoured one or two more signings come in this week, & supposing EBJ is looking at signing starters rather than squad players, the first XI could have:

Eastwood
Dodgson
Bennett
Lloyd
Mellor
Quigley
Newbie A
Newbie B

That is 7 or 8 of the starting XI that will be Bentley signings... the 'inherited squad from Stockdale' buffer starts to be removed over the next couple of weeks. We also appear to have addressed some of the training ground issues too.

If we are not seeing big signs of improvement (& points return) by the end of February, the club will have a difficult decision to make. The new manager dead cat bounce has gone, we seem to be getting more and more cards during games, we still look lethargic, team selections are inconcsistent (& at times odd) and we are making substitutions too late in games to positively impact results.

*edited with Bennett*
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 7:42]

Notably the real A Newby scored the winner for Colchester on Saturday.

I was delighted when he was released. Will never forget or forgive him ducking out of that header at Crawley. Looking back, we replaced him with Sinclair… Another Stockdale masterclass.

Be good if someone with some time could compare the players that left in the summer and the ones that came in.

It’s incredible how we’ve actually managed to go backwards this season, after the turmoil of last. Really does show how almost everything you do as a club all boils down to recruitment. Get that wrong and everything else is fairly insignificant.
Carlisle United (H) Match Thread on 08:24 - Jan 30 with 1215 viewsHullDale

Carlisle United (H) Match Thread on 08:40 - Jan 30 with 1191 viewsJames1980

Carlisle United (H) Match Thread on 07:33 - Jan 30 by fourfourtwo

Notably the real A Newby scored the winner for Colchester on Saturday.

I was delighted when he was released. Will never forget or forgive him ducking out of that header at Crawley. Looking back, we replaced him with Sinclair… Another Stockdale masterclass.

Be good if someone with some time could compare the players that left in the summer and the ones that came in.

It’s incredible how we’ve actually managed to go backwards this season, after the turmoil of last. Really does show how almost everything you do as a club all boils down to recruitment. Get that wrong and everything else is fairly insignificant.

Max Clark 19 games 14 starts 1 goal 7.14 rating
EOC 19 games 17 starts 1 goal 7.05 rating
Dooley's 7, 6, 0, 6.91
Lynch 27 games 27 starts 6 clean sheets 6.77
Newby 21, 12, 3 goals, 2 assists, 6.51
Conor Grant 17, 10, 1, 2, 6.48
COK 27, 26, 0, 6, 7.03.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Carlisle United (H) Match Thread on 08:43 - Jan 30 with 1191 viewsBainesy15

Carlisle United (H) Match Thread on 18:24 - Jan 28 by golfaduffy

Can't agree about Jim. Very slow, and mad a few bad mistakes, plus should have been booked at least once. Staggeringly, he looked composed at times, and like a giraffe on a skateboard at other times. Taylors distribution was awful to watch at times. Keohane is so scared of a forward pass that its untrue.

Mellor did ok, but my mom was Dodgson, who was excellent especially as an attacking threat. Good crosser too. Annoyingly, he plays where Lloyd is best playing, so we had to move him infield where he had a much quieter game.

Agree about Eastwood. Just what on earth we thinking .Awful waste of a loan.

Hendo and Quigley improved us hugely so why wait so long to bring them on?

EBJ is guilty of making some big mistakes. There's no way Keohane should be captin and as for leading by example crickey he passed it backwards way too much.

Kelly went off it tears today. Either because he has a bad injury or because he knows he played badly.

The disallowed goal looked to be offside, but the officials made a right mess of it. a full minute after it went in until the liner put his flag up. What a mess.

If I had to call it now I would say we are down. But I will keep going till the end.

What actually happened to Kelly? We presumed he'd been caught by a flailing arm or leg or something (not that that would have been a surprise from Carlisle), as the doctor seemed to be checking for concussion and it seemed to happen after another incident.

The less said about the refereeing team the better, they were absolutely appalling. How many yards did their #5 make for throw ins in front of their fans? Yes it's marginal gains but my god, he was making at least 15 yards every time! Then the ref had the gall to tell Taylor off for doing the same thing once.
Carlisle United (H) Match Thread on 10:08 - Jan 30 with 1012 viewsfourfourtwo

Carlisle United (H) Match Thread on 08:24 - Jan 30 by HullDale

Obviously there’s always going to be hype around new players and fans were optimistic during the summer. Most media outlets had us as the favourites for relegation, which most of us disagreed with, but ultimately they were right (for now anyway).

There’s been so many downgrades this season.

Keeper situation is still an issue in all honesty. We thought ROD was the answer but really he’s been average at best and fairly inconsistent.

Defence:

Lost Max Clark and I suppose replaced with Cameron John given how many games he’s played at LB/LWB. Don’t think we even need to go into this one but can see Clark is doing unbelievably well for Stevenage.

EOC for EEL. No comment.

COK for Seriki. Seriki hasn’t been the worst of the newbies but still not as effective as COK.

Dorsett for Nelson. Dorsett grew into the season. Nelson offered little and was ultimately recalled.

Downing was excellent when fit. What we would do for someone like him now.

Newby is probably better than Sinclair, Tulloch, Malley, Scanlon. Probably going backwards again with that one.

Connor Grant, although inconsistent, could offer something that nobody in the squad can offer.

Done took a lot of stick but again, you’d certainly have him over most of our forward options now.

It’s quite depressing reading. On the whole we lost players to higher up the food chain, but then we’ve also released players and replaced with with poorer options.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024