Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funding of Investors 15:46 - Jan 25 with 7966 viewsscooby

Been thinking about this, the majority of money that investors have / get is rarely theirs. A lot comes from overseas.

What are peoples thoughts on accepting an investor with funding from overseas? funding that need ultimately needs repaying...

Is there such a thing as a good investor? the large majority of investors want a return, i just cant see how RAFC would provide that. Plus, it isn't just an injection, this club needs regular "injections", possibly annually. I'm struggling to see how this would be an inviting opportunity for an external...

There is always the chance for the Trust to seek funding... unlikely and unappealing I know, unless it can achieve a majority shareholding!
Funding of Investors on 14:50 - Jan 26 with 1388 viewsDaleBars

Funding of Investors on 10:52 - Jan 26 by Rodingdale

Thanks for reading Judd - you posed me some questions:

Working 50 hours a week - we have a website which should be kept fresh with news updates - if board members are working a 50 hour week, let us know what they are deploying their efforts on. I am very sympathetic to the efforts the directors have made and personal commitment - but there are lots of off the field things wrong - from in the bar, to the commercial department, advertising season tickets in January! lack of follow up for enquiries for new business - a lot listed in these message threads. Tell us there’s a plan, we can’t see it? A five min chat with a comma person and a quick statement could be put up.

Badly run football club - off the field (I know how to run a business not a football team) - it would appear that we are running at a loss - yes? The boards solution seems to be big bang investment. That might be right but imagine the difference it would make if we off the field activities were ALL 5% or 10% more profitable? How would I run it? Do we have a Monday management team meeting, with a customer feedback report being presented - content being a review of customer feedback from all media, including this messageboard (which we are told repeatedly is monitored by the club but is it monitored from a defensive or a receptive engaged perspective?. Emergent issues can be discussed, solutions sought and actions for improvement agreed and delegated with timeframes for resolution. Do we have annual plans for each area - documented, performance monitored against targets? Are there consequences for repeated failure - are there rewards for meeting / exceeding targets. As a business we seem to be hard to do business with - the culture as noted on another thread has to change to a performance culture with set objectives driving continual improvement. It doesn’t feel like this is what happens, if it does, why do we have the same problems recurring - we still don’t appear to have a CRM system? How can you run a company with a few thousand customers some of whom pick and choose - if you can’t keep them informed of your offer?

Army of volunteers - I’m sure there is some regulation, but where there is a will there is a way, we are not in a position to turn away engaged customers, fans, if we do how on earth are we going to be able to attract the apathetic / big game only fans - we need ‘can do’ - not ‘oh it’s too complicated, keep our heads down and they’ll go away’ - which is what if feels like.

Media abuse - Clearly not acceptable; and offensive intimidating content should be reported to the Police/ as appropriate. I support the board fully in pursuing perpetrators and spending club money to do so. That said the sad reality is - it happens. In my professional life abuse even death threats are not uncommon - I’m afraid, I’ve been subjected to them. It is disconcerting for sure, which is why any market facing business particularly one like a league football club, needs robust policies supported by commas professionals who can monitor all media sources. At a benign level - this can be a valuable source of feedback from which should be used to inform a weekly commas grid. Where offensive material appears this can be directed in real-time to the appropriate authorities. In my experience it feels a lot better to know that abuse has been dealt with by others before I’ve even read it. I’m afraid being on social media has risks and monitored accounts would be the way to go to avoid the impact of exposure on board members. RAFC has a duty to protect is employees and effective media management is part of that duty it’s an aspect of health and safety.

Someone noted I think on the Hartlepool match thread - that we have one of the smallest digital footprints, we need to drown out the negative stuff with a clear, planned narrative. But the problem is if there is one, I don’t know what it is anymore.

Hi Rodingdale,

Hope you are well,

If you do have any suggestions or questions which require an answer, regarding the bars. You can always email us at Anthony.Field@rochdaleafc.co.uk or comment on the match day operations thread. We will try make changes, where it is possible. We have made quite a lot of changes this season, new till systems, new offers, new drink selections and reduced prices. But If you do have any suggestions, please state which bar you visit, as we do have 6 around the ground.

Regards
Anthony.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2023 15:09]

Poll: Would you watch a live stream against Southend in Ratcliffe kick off 12:30

Funding of Investors on 15:50 - Jan 26 with 1237 viewsJames1980

Having just looked up matchday hospitality for individuals on a matchday for Burnley*, Blackburn, Preston, Blackpool, Bolton, Fleetwood, Accrington Stanley, Morecambe, Salford, Stockport, Tranmere, Rochdale, Altrincham and Oldham.
Dare I say our package represents excellent value for money. 3 course meal, tea coffee and cake arguably some of the best seats in the house for viewing the match. £45/£30 for season ticket holders
*couldn't find by the match pricing.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Funding of Investors on 16:05 - Jan 26 with 1206 viewsDalenet

Funding of Investors on 15:50 - Jan 26 by James1980

Having just looked up matchday hospitality for individuals on a matchday for Burnley*, Blackburn, Preston, Blackpool, Bolton, Fleetwood, Accrington Stanley, Morecambe, Salford, Stockport, Tranmere, Rochdale, Altrincham and Oldham.
Dare I say our package represents excellent value for money. 3 course meal, tea coffee and cake arguably some of the best seats in the house for viewing the match. £45/£30 for season ticket holders
*couldn't find by the match pricing.

It is good value James and nice to see that they had sold out for Carlisle. They put the prices up considerably at the start of the season and it backfired. They listened and acted and they are now selling seats. Worth trying it if you haven't already - the posh seats in the stand are not very comfortable if you have long legs. But the rest of the experience is great.
Funding of Investors on 16:10 - Jan 26 with 1194 viewsRodingdale

Funding of Investors on 14:50 - Jan 26 by DaleBars

Hi Rodingdale,

Hope you are well,

If you do have any suggestions or questions which require an answer, regarding the bars. You can always email us at Anthony.Field@rochdaleafc.co.uk or comment on the match day operations thread. We will try make changes, where it is possible. We have made quite a lot of changes this season, new till systems, new offers, new drink selections and reduced prices. But If you do have any suggestions, please state which bar you visit, as we do have 6 around the ground.

Regards
Anthony.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2023 15:09]

Thanks Anthony I’ll email you on specifics, but I was making more general points about leadership at board level to assist you to make the best of the facilities you have. I see you post here regularly and are receptive to make things better and as many others have said the bars do seem busier than ever which is undoubtably down to your efforts which are appreciated.
Funding of Investors on 17:51 - Jan 26 with 1002 viewsJames1980

Funding of Investors on 16:05 - Jan 26 by Dalenet

It is good value James and nice to see that they had sold out for Carlisle. They put the prices up considerably at the start of the season and it backfired. They listened and acted and they are now selling seats. Worth trying it if you haven't already - the posh seats in the stand are not very comfortable if you have long legs. But the rest of the experience is great.

I went a few times last season and was always impressed. What was the price before the reduction? Dare I say at £55 it would still compare favourably with other offerings for example non league Altrincham charge £57.50 https://altrinchamfc.com/products/match-day-hospitality?variant=41800209891504

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Funding of Investors on 07:59 - Jan 27 with 751 viewsDaleiLama

Funding of Investors on 08:34 - Jan 26 by judd

Some decent and interesting points being made.

My view on those:

"Working incredibly hard" did come from a paid employee

The recruitment of new faces - they have only recently fought off a legal action and have stumped up £100k each to regain shares from Morton House. It is probably impossible for all the board to be putting in 50 unpaid hours per week, but with regards communication, we have had an AGM, a video message, a written statement and a newspaper interview plus the monthly Trust director update in recent weeks plus an upcoming fans forum. How much communication should occur? It will never be enough in the eyes of some, I understand that, and there is always room for improvement.

Badly run football club - is that in footballing terms, or keeping the club afloat? How would you run it?

The offers of help - yes, appears to be slow on the uptake, and the volunteer army was first mentioned - I believe- at the AGM. I dare say there are a number of things to be taken into consideration nowadays that did not used to impede the volunteers of yore.

I am not in the know or close to anyone on the board. I see the same as you and support the same club as you. I guess our wiring is slightly different.

Have you seen the recent abuse on social media whereby the Chairman's home address was published with the poster encouraging people to go around there?

Or the petition to remove Simon purportedly started by a fan, whose name has since been removed when the coward was challenged?

Would you put up with that?

'VIOLATION FOUND

We locked @daleforsale’s account for breaking our exposing private info rule. We found they broke our exposing private info rule through different reports we received about their behavior.

They can’t Tweet, Retweet, or Like content, and we’ll ask them to remove the reported content if they want to regain full access to their account. Your safety is important to us. If they break our rules again, we’ll respond with a more severe action, like suspension.

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a report and helping keep Twitter safe for everyone.
Our safety recommendations
Report duplicates
Even if the content is deleted, someone might have made a copy or taken screenshots. If you see it on Twitter, please report it so we can remove it.
Reach out to law enforcement
If you feel like you’re in danger, we recommend you contact local law enforcement. They can reference our guidelines for law enforcement if they have follow-up questions'.

At least Twitter has taken action on their platform. I don't really do Facetube.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024