Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season 12:20 - Jan 25 with 1305 viewssaint901

The last few results have been disappointing in terms of outcome but I think we can see that the team is playing with more belief and purpose than it did in last days of RH.

Partly I think it's due to a change of attitude but is perhaps more to do with new players and playing those we have in their natural positions.

It continues to frustrate me that we play one of the best right backs we've ever seen, on the left. When he moved back to the right it improved our defence and attack. There's a lesson there.

It does however seem that Perraud is not to this manager's liking. Why play KWP or Salisu in a position where we have a decent player? He must be getting pretty frustrated about this and I would not be surprised to see him gone soon.

JWP is a better player for the team when more advanced and I'd like to see that continue.

Armstrong (A) - because Armstrong S seems to be right out of favour - is better for playing a little deeper and using his pace.

Alcaraz looks decent and his youth and inexperience is helping as he puts himself about and just wants to play. Orsic being older and a little wiser is still I think trying to work out what is expected of him. He's had few minutes so far but it can only be a matter of time before Diallo (who I think struggles at this level) is moved aside for him.

We are struggling to score. NJ seems to have tried a few combinations up front but none of them seem to click. Having JWP in the forward No 10 slot helps but we still leave Che on his own too often and then complain when he has little option but to make an attempt on goal for lack of other choices.

Mara is not the answer to where we are. If we got the ball into the box more often, then he has a part to play. However modern tactics say it's better to keep the ball by making a safe sideways pass rather than a cross into space you hope the forward will be. Given Mara's lack of pace (and awareness), a longer over the top ball is also not his thing. I confess that I don't rate Mara but equally the way we play doesn't suit him and it's time to do something else.

That brings me to Edozie. He reminds me a lot of Bridge and Bale and the Wallace brothers. (The two good ones at least). Fast, direct, tricky. He also reminds me of Lawrence in that often the end product was erratic.

In a couple of seasons I think he will be a much better player probably like Mahrez at City, a left footed player coming in from the right. For now however he can't do that as we are blessed with some good right sided players and I think he would get in the way. He's also not much use on the left of midfield because he is not going to tackle and protect the left back.

I'd like to see him tried out in a more central position where he could be closer to Adams/Mara or at least be able to use his pace to be closer. Centre backs tend to be a little slower than full backs but compensate by having less ground to cover. Having a fast and tricky ex winger in front of them will keep them honest at least.

We need goals and Adams +1 of the existing central attackers is not working. We have a free hit at the weekend to try something new so why not:

Bazunu
KWP
Bednarek
Salisu
Perraud
Orsic
Alcaraz
JWP
Armstrong A
Adams/Mara
Edozie

With Adams/Mara + Edozie in the centre and playing a 4-2-2-2 plan?

Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 12:26 - Jan 25 with 1275 viewssaints__fan__73

With Jones as manager we'll go down. I can't see any evidence to dispute this

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 12:51 - Jan 25 with 1220 viewsgrumpy

We have some good players but without someone upfront to score we're down.
Failure on this front and not employing the right manager spells disaster.
Selection,Players out of position coupled with poor finishing I have no doubt will see us Relegated.
Why we put Jones in charge at such a critical time I have no idea.
Someone who dances about hysterically chewing gum while his team charges about with little idea is embarrassing.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2023 12:57]
Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 14:05 - Jan 25 with 1158 viewsdwayne_dibley

Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 12:26 - Jan 25 by saints__fan__73

With Jones as manager we'll go down. I can't see any evidence to dispute this

No doubt Tony Blair could come up with a suitable dossier on Welsh Manager Dynamics (WMDs)

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 15:34 - Jan 25 with 1110 viewsRon11

If Perraud and Stuart Armstrong are not playing because one is not to his liking and the other is out of favour but he still persists with Diallo, then Jones an even bigger fuc king idiot than I already thought he was.
Perraud was just the man to sort that dick head Murphy out last night.
Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 15:47 - Jan 25 with 1100 viewsGRIM

You've left Lavia out.
He's the best holding midfield player we have.
Orsic is not a holding midfield player & could not do that job.
Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 18:08 - Jan 25 with 1042 viewssaint901

Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 15:47 - Jan 25 by GRIM

You've left Lavia out.
He's the best holding midfield player we have.
Orsic is not a holding midfield player & could not do that job.

I've Lavia only once this season and he was average.

I know people rave about him but I can only call what I see.
Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 18:15 - Jan 25 with 1028 viewsGRIM

Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 18:08 - Jan 25 by saint901

I've Lavia only once this season and he was average.

I know people rave about him but I can only call what I see.

Lavia being average makes him better than anyone else we've got.
Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 08:00 - Jan 26 with 908 viewsdwayne_dibley

Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 18:15 - Jan 25 by GRIM

Lavia being average makes him better than anyone else we've got.

Login to get fewer ads

Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 22:21 - Jan 26 with 740 viewsMattFinish

Trouble is when NJ shuffles the pack we always end up with 2 jokers up front
Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 07:47 - Jan 27 with 627 viewsdwayne_dibley

Shuffling the pack for the second half of the season on 22:21 - Jan 26 by MattFinish

Trouble is when NJ shuffles the pack we always end up with 2 jokers up front

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024