Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tim Iroegbunam 12:36 - Feb 28 with 7910 viewsstantheman10

Isn't it time we gave him a break from all the grief he is getting.
The lad is 19 and has only made 28 senior appearances for us and Villa combined and because of the hype instilled on him by Prick Bile he was expected to be a wonder kid for us.
As Clive is constantly commenting on, players in this standard need at least to have made 50 appearances in competitive matches to be consistent.
The boy is obviously suffering zero confidence and is playing in a team in terrible form so is it any wonder that he is struggling. In an ideal world he would be taken out of the firing line for a few weeks and used as a sub to try and take the pressure off him.

Tim Iroegbunam on 10:56 - Mar 2 with 1055 viewsPhilmyRs

Tim Iroegbunam on 13:46 - Mar 1 by Northernr

The big comparisons with that season for me are...

- injuries. Particularly the two best players in the team getting crocked at the same time.
- the fact the previous season had actually gone well after a long period of drek, and we were optimistic we were heading in the right direction.
- reliant on way too many players who knew they wouldn't be there the following season.
- the weird and wonderful collection of mostly crap strikers. We used Ngonge, Peschisolido, Lisbie, Furlong, Crouch, Kiwomya, Koejoe, Thomson and others that season. Ten years time we could be talking about Roberts, Richards, Martin, Lowe, Dykes etc in the same tones.

This is where I get confused. I just had to look that up as thought we went down the season after the Palace 6-0 but you're right, we had a decent season after that looking at the table but I've got absolutely no recollection of it.

RE Tim, I agree he's raw and not playing well. But I think with current problems, freeing him up to enable some of those drives from deep, and not putting too much defensive responsibility on his shoulders is probably the best option for us at the moment. A full strength team (e.g. Dykes, Chair and Willock fit), I think we survive this season, without them, or at least without 2 of the 3, I'm seriously worried.
Tim Iroegbunam on 10:59 - Mar 2 with 1041 viewsNorthernr

Tim Iroegbunam on 10:56 - Mar 2 by PhilmyRs

This is where I get confused. I just had to look that up as thought we went down the season after the Palace 6-0 but you're right, we had a decent season after that looking at the table but I've got absolutely no recollection of it.

RE Tim, I agree he's raw and not playing well. But I think with current problems, freeing him up to enable some of those drives from deep, and not putting too much defensive responsibility on his shoulders is probably the best option for us at the moment. A full strength team (e.g. Dykes, Chair and Willock fit), I think we survive this season, without them, or at least without 2 of the 3, I'm seriously worried.

Yes 99/00 we actually had a really good year, looked like we might push the play-offs at one point. Unfortunately Wardley and Darlington proved to be rather one season wonders, and the Kiwomya-Steiner partnership up front got broken up by bad injuries.
Tim Iroegbunam on 11:05 - Mar 2 with 1012 viewsPhilmyRs

Tim Iroegbunam on 10:59 - Mar 2 by Northernr

Yes 99/00 we actually had a really good year, looked like we might push the play-offs at one point. Unfortunately Wardley and Darlington proved to be rather one season wonders, and the Kiwomya-Steiner partnership up front got broken up by bad injuries.

Ah the Wardley years...thought we got decent(ish) money for Darlington at the time but not much in the team to write home about so can see why we collapsed.

Is another obvious comparison with the relegation season the return of a former hardworking player as Manager? Not looking good is it.
Tim Iroegbunam on 15:12 - Mar 2 with 893 viewsQPunkR

Just a sub-mediocre, can't-be-arsed player. We must have an U17 player that can spend 90 minutes alternating hospital passes and presenting the ball straight to the opposition?

QPR - "shit but local"

Tim Iroegbunam on 19:17 - Mar 2 with 778 viewsSuperhoops2808

Trouble is, many of our fans love a boo boy

If he is rested - Who will be the next

And I agree, very much played out of position - Now we are without Chair and Willock, move him up the field
Tim Iroegbunam on 20:40 - Mar 2 with 702 viewsdavman

No shortage there - Kakay and Dozzell. Two players who are always fit and put effort in (whether they are good or not another debate). Boo Boys.

Whilst Chief Balogun, Laird, Roberts, Amos, Richards, JCS sit at home, feet up smoking cigars not playing earning shite loads. I know where the boo boys should be...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024