Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obafemi officialy gone 22:50 - Apr 7 with 3700 viewsRhonnda_Jack

Wales online have just announced that Michael has gone due to Burnleys promotion. His fine goal scoring run since moving to Burnley of 2 goals in 10 games must have halland and Kane scared for their golden boot chances.
Good luck Michael 👍 your gonna need it mate 😆
Obafemi officialy gone on 23:04 - Apr 7 with 2850 viewsSTID2017

Hope it is correct.
Failsonline is as bad as the Daily Fail.
Take with a pinch of salt until officially announced by the Swans

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Obafemi officialy gone on 23:46 - Apr 7 with 2800 viewsmax936

Good luck to him indeed, hope he learns to keep his head down mouth shut and ego at bay, there's a good striker there somewhere.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Obafemi officialy gone on 08:38 - Apr 8 with 2648 viewsRichardO

More importantly for how much, hope a profit has been or will be made. Hopefully enough to help enhance us in positions where needed
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 8:39]
Obafemi officialy gone on 08:44 - Apr 8 with 2641 viewscadleigh

Obafemi's two goals for Burnley have been scored in a total of 112 minutes on the pitch over those 10 games - an average of 1.5 goals per game equivalent.

For contrast, Joel Piroe (another of Cooper's excellent recruits) has scored 14 goals for us in 3,265 minutes on the pitch this season - an average of one goal every 233 minutes played, or 0.3 goals per match.

These comparisons are unfair, right @Rhonnda_Jack? At Burnley Obafemi is playing under a first-class manager who is getting the very best out of his squad, whereas Piroe has been starved of the ball for most of the season in an under-performing squad managed by a coach who is clearly out of his depth.

However, you did start this by suggesting that Obafemi's success or failure as a striker in the EPL must be judged by his ability to compete with Kane or Halland for next season's top scorer. I am sure Burnley will continue to use him as an impact sub and I expect he'll do well in that role.

I just don't get this continued bitterness towards a young man who has been the subject of criminal racism. He was gaslighted by Martin, he refused to lie down and accept it, he wanted out, he got his wish. None of us like it when a player goes on strike like that, but no one bangs on about Whittaker any more do they?
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 18:58]

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Obafemi officialy gone on 09:19 - Apr 8 with 2614 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi officialy gone on 08:44 - Apr 8 by cadleigh

Obafemi's two goals for Burnley have been scored in a total of 112 minutes on the pitch over those 10 games - an average of 1.5 goals per game equivalent.

For contrast, Joel Piroe (another of Cooper's excellent recruits) has scored 14 goals for us in 3,265 minutes on the pitch this season - an average of one goal every 233 minutes played, or 0.3 goals per match.

These comparisons are unfair, right @Rhonnda_Jack? At Burnley Obafemi is playing under a first-class manager who is getting the very best out of his squad, whereas Piroe has been starved of the ball for most of the season in an under-performing squad managed by a coach who is clearly out of his depth.

However, you did start this by suggesting that Obafemi's success or failure as a striker in the EPL must be judged by his ability to compete with Kane or Halland for next season's top scorer. I am sure Burnley will continue to use him as an impact sub and I expect he'll do well in that role.

I just don't get this continued bitterness towards a young man who has been the subject of criminal racism. He was gaslighted by Martin, he refused to lie down and accept it, he wanted out, he got his wish. None of us like it when a player goes on strike like that, but no one bangs on about Whittaker any more do they?

Some good points there and a refreshing realism too.
Obviously,I don’t buy into the idea our manager is somehow a great man manager or indeed a tactical genius . This is another pallid,wasted season ,saved by beating Cardiff city twice .
Kompany will handle Obefemi better for sure and will develop him as he is still very raw .
As for Whittaker,frankly,I don’t blame him at all if he is stroppy with Russy.

It’s why I have never felt like we need to change our coach as much as we do now .

When safe, mathematically, he should be replaced. Ideally.

This isn’t an ideal world however but fans must not be intimidated ,as they are,by Martin’s storm troopers

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Obafemi officialy gone on 09:48 - Apr 8 with 2589 viewsWhiterockin

Nobody should be racially abused, but Obafemi was bad for our club and had to be removed.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Obafemi officialy gone on 10:50 - Apr 8 with 2538 viewsgrabsplatter

I think most Swans fans are glad to see the back of Obafemi, once Burnley came in for him the first time around he clearly didn't want to be here.
Seems an odd signing from them, didn't start games even though Rodriguez was injured & Barnes has been picked ahead of him even though he's leaving in the summer.
Obafemi officialy gone on 10:56 - Apr 8 with 2532 viewscadleigh

Obafemi officialy gone on 09:48 - Apr 8 by Whiterockin

Nobody should be racially abused, but Obafemi was bad for our club and had to be removed.

That post would be improved by deleting everything after "abused".

Login to get fewer ads

Obafemi officialy gone on 11:32 - Apr 8 with 2506 viewsWhiterockin

Obafemi officialy gone on 10:56 - Apr 8 by cadleigh

That post would be improved by deleting everything after "abused".

In your opinion, that you are entitled to. Many others may differ.

Obafemi officialy gone on 11:36 - Apr 8 with 2498 viewsKeithHaynes

Obafemi officialy gone on 09:19 - Apr 8 by onehunglow

Some good points there and a refreshing realism too.
Obviously,I don’t buy into the idea our manager is somehow a great man manager or indeed a tactical genius . This is another pallid,wasted season ,saved by beating Cardiff city twice .
Kompany will handle Obefemi better for sure and will develop him as he is still very raw .
As for Whittaker,frankly,I don’t blame him at all if he is stroppy with Russy.

It’s why I have never felt like we need to change our coach as much as we do now .

When safe, mathematically, he should be replaced. Ideally.

This isn’t an ideal world however but fans must not be intimidated ,as they are,by Martin’s storm troopers

The last sentence explained ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Obafemi officialy gone on 11:46 - Apr 8 with 2490 viewscadleigh

Obafemi officialy gone on 11:32 - Apr 8 by Whiterockin

In your opinion, that you are entitled to. Many others may differ.

I agree with both the points you make. However, in my opinion, they belong in separate posts.

Obafemi officialy gone on 12:27 - Apr 8 with 2450 viewsReslovenSwan1

Obafemi officialy gone on 09:48 - Apr 8 by Whiterockin

Swansea fans love a bit of ethnic abuse and indulge in it at every game. A Welsh person I have to brush it off as a bit of banter by cowards who tell me go "get a backbone and take my punishment like a man".

I point out pseudo obscene filth masquerading as banter is the same for sheep and monkeys. It sings in the same abusive Church choir along with Hillsborough and Munchen songs.

Swansea fans are slowly coming to the realisation that it seems anecdotally there have been more ethnic abuse issues related to Swansea city player than any other EP or EPL club.

Whiitaker, Dhanda, Cabango, Rhys,Willaims, Obafemi that 5 incidents.

Why is this? See the first line of this post.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Obafemi officialy gone on 13:05 - Apr 8 with 2423 viewsonehunglow

I'm surprised Liffey hasnt chastened you for slaggingboff Swansea , which you do , be it ever so subtle
Be grateful we allow you relieve the darkness of your valley by supporting OUR club

Obafemi officialy gone on 13:12 - Apr 8 with 2413 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi officialy gone on 11:36 - Apr 8 by KeithHaynes

The last sentence explained ?

You want me to explain?
Pretty much self explanatory
Martin has seriously supportive fans like no other coach we have ever had
In two years of mediocrity and backward ballet ,he s not justified this love
Was Obefemi worse that Paterson ?

Obafemi officialy gone on 13:58 - Apr 8 with 2383 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Obafemi officialy gone on 12:27 - Apr 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea fans love a bit of ethnic abuse and indulge in it at every game. A Welsh person I have to brush it off as a bit of banter by cowards who tell me go "get a backbone and take my punishment like a man".

I point out pseudo obscene filth masquerading as banter is the same for sheep and monkeys. It sings in the same abusive Church choir along with Hillsborough and Munchen songs.

Swansea fans are slowly coming to the realisation that it seems anecdotally there have been more ethnic abuse issues related to Swansea city player than any other EP or EPL club.

In the interest of balance it’s fair to point out that for most of those incidents the perpetrators were opposition fans.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Obafemi officialy gone on 15:42 - Apr 8 with 2330 viewsTreforys_Jack

Obafemi officialy gone on 12:27 - Apr 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Boring res . All you post about is the trust or sheep mun.
Obafemi officialy gone on 21:57 - Apr 8 with 2170 viewsRhonnda_Jack

To start with Piroe in that burnley team would be starting all day. Obafemi is not going to be happy as an impact sub he is to selfish for that. Why bring the racist moron into the debate ? I never liked Obafemi for his football he is probably a nice chap in person.
Obafemi never set the championship on fire and last time around with Southampton his return rate was dire. Other than the big goal against united he was mediocre. That's why he ended up in the championship. His goal for the Republic of Ireland in June was outstanding.
But Obafemi is not constant in any way shape or form. Burnley will spend big this summer and he will be lucky to get on the bench. He was a back up plan for the promotion push, incase Barnes at 83 years old go injured.
How many goals do you think piroe would be on at Burnley this year?
Obafemi officialy gone on 09:23 - Apr 9 with 2071 viewscadleigh

Obafemi officialy gone on 21:57 - Apr 8 by Rhonnda_Jack

To start with Piroe in that burnley team would be starting all day. Obafemi is not going to be happy as an impact sub he is to selfish for that. Why bring the racist moron into the debate ? I never liked Obafemi for his football he is probably a nice chap in person.
Obafemi never set the championship on fire and last time around with Southampton his return rate was dire. Other than the big goal against united he was mediocre. That's why he ended up in the championship. His goal for the Republic of Ireland in June was outstanding.
But Obafemi is not constant in any way shape or form. Burnley will spend big this summer and he will be lucky to get on the bench. He was a back up plan for the promotion push, incase Barnes at 83 years old go injured.
How many goals do you think piroe would be on at Burnley this year?

"Why bring the racist moron into the debate?"
This isn't about the racist lowlife (I hope that alcohol course is going well for him), it's about the VICTIM of the racism, and the effect that that criminal behaviour has had on his mental health and that of his family. Think of the person. He's left the club. Move on. Same for Cooper for those who are thinking of gloating about Forest being in the relegation zone.

Obafemi officialy gone on 09:56 - Apr 9 with 2044 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi officialy gone on 09:23 - Apr 9 by cadleigh

"Why bring the racist moron into the debate?"
This isn't about the racist lowlife (I hope that alcohol course is going well for him), it's about the VICTIM of the racism, and the effect that that criminal behaviour has had on his mental health and that of his family. Think of the person. He's left the club. Move on. Same for Cooper for those who are thinking of gloating about Forest being in the relegation zone.

What and who knows exactly what goes on at the club.
We read and hear that which Martin utters.
Now,it’s either a case of believing his every word or not,or maybe something in the middle .
Martin has described someplayers as an excellent person, then ostracised them.
As regards racism, Swansea has some truly full on feckers who turn my stomach .
Just like many other cities really

Obafemi officialy gone on 10:57 - Apr 9 with 2017 viewsmagicdaps10

The videos going around with him on the team bus just heightens the fact that we done right by getting rid of the man child.

There has always been trouble in him and the videos suggest that he will flair up again.......elsehwere thankfully.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Obafemi officialy gone on 11:02 - Apr 9 with 2015 viewsWhiterockin

Obafemi officialy gone on 09:56 - Apr 9 by onehunglow

What and who knows exactly what goes on at the club.
We read and hear that which Martin utters.
Now,it’s either a case of believing his every word or not,or maybe something in the middle .
Martin has described someplayers as an excellent person, then ostracised them.
As regards racism, Swansea has some truly full on feckers who turn my stomach .
Just like many other cities really

You have to accept that although Swansea is city in many ways it is like a village, the players and coaching staff are often seen out and about, sometimes they will stop and chat other times they don't. Sometimes they are seen in places you wouldn't expect them to be and not behaving appropriately for a professional footballer. This is not the case for the majority of our players but occasionally it happens.

This post has nothing to do with racism, its just a comment on how some players are seen to behave.

Obafemi officialy gone on 11:40 - Apr 9 with 1998 viewsFireboy2

Obafemi I suspect will never change, he has a very high opinion of himself and when things don't go his way he has tantrums.

Kompany will not abide his behaviour, he has played barnes in front of Obafemi which says alot, I just hope and pray that the deal struck between both clubs is watertight and he doesn't return, it's a damn shame as there is a great player in there, he will realise this when it's too late though.
Obafemi officialy gone on 11:45 - Apr 9 with 1994 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi officialy gone on 11:02 - Apr 9 by Whiterockin

You have to accept that although Swansea is city in many ways it is like a village, the players and coaching staff are often seen out and about, sometimes they will stop and chat other times they don't. Sometimes they are seen in places you wouldn't expect them to be and not behaving appropriately for a professional footballer. This is not the case for the majority of our players but occasionally it happens.

This post has nothing to do with racism, its just a comment on how some players are seen to behave.

Fair riposte .
So,he s been seen out and about acting like a jerk ?
Fair enough.

Kompany would not have signed him if he was that much of a clown

Anyway,bank the money and spend it ….wisely

Obafemi officialy gone on 12:06 - Apr 9 with 1978 viewsBryanSwan

He wasn't playing here for whatever reason, has gone on loan and we will now get a fee with him leaving permanently.
Could we probably have gotten a bit more out of him? Yes, but it's just not worked out.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Obafemi officialy gone on 13:17 - Apr 9 with 1942 viewsswan65split

Obafemi officialy gone on 11:40 - Apr 9 by Fireboy2

Obafemi I suspect will never change, he has a very high opinion of himself and when things don't go his way he has tantrums.

Kompany will not abide his behaviour, he has played barnes in front of Obafemi which says alot, I just hope and pray that the deal struck between both clubs is watertight and he doesn't return, it's a damn shame as there is a great player in there, he will realise this when it's too late though.

Well seeing the celebrations scene with him on the bus, I think we are well rid.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024