Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
22 Years ago today - Where were you for the 2001 relegation? 14:06 - Apr 21 with 5622 viewsToast_R

22 years ago to the day, it doesn't seem possible does it?

I was in Bournemouth on a lads weekend away. No idea why, can't remember the occasion but we were In some bar and my mate got a text message from his mate giving the final scores that afternoon (No smart phones back then). His words to me "QPR lost 2-1 and down". Knew it was coming but I was glad I was half pissed when he said it.

22 Years ago today - Where were you for the 2001 relegation? on 18:43 - Apr 21 with 935 viewsHammersmithR

I was at Forest away in 96 when we went down from the Premiership. Remember Rangers fans singing Daydream Believer that day. Was at Huddersfield as well. Was very lively outside as well. Had been at Port Vale the week or so before when I thought we had gone down after losing there. Always felt given the connection with Port Vale and Stoke that’s where our relegation to League 1 will be confirmed next week. In an ideal world we do a ‘Crystal Palace’ and stay up against Bristol City and we’ll all be on the pitch at the end of the game. I just have visions of Rangers fans being apoplectic with the players by the tunnel up at Stoke. Hope I’m wrong!
22 Years ago today - Where were you for the 2001 relegation? on 14:08 - Apr 22 with 801 viewsDamo1962

22 Years ago today - Where were you for the 2001 relegation? on 14:12 - Apr 21 by daveB

In the away in floods of tears like a right wally

I was in a Pub in St John's Wood watching it unfold on Sky - and yes I was crying too. Don't think I'll shed too many this time though.
22 Years ago today - Where were you for the 2001 relegation? on 14:56 - Apr 22 with 774 viewsflynnbo

Was there too. Agree that Crouchie looked devastated.
22 Years ago today - Where were you for the 2001 relegation? on 15:44 - Apr 22 with 759 viewsdezzar

22 Years ago today - Where were you for the 2001 relegation? on 14:56 - Apr 22 by flynnbo

Was there too. Agree that Crouchie looked devastated.

Heard he was in tears in the dressing room and some senior players were laughing at him. I can imagine that scenario with some of this current mob
22 Years ago today - Where were you for the 2001 relegation? on 17:33 - Apr 22 with 683 viewsFearless

Hudders fans to the left of the away end unfurled a banner saying
“You are the weakest link… goodbye”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024