Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have I missed something? 12:57 - Apr 28 with 7578 viewsEllDale

Am I right in thinking that the end of season awards do used to be held after the last home game?
I know that we had the chance to vote for player of the year but when it will be presented?
And I’m not being flippant here but it also used to be traditional for the players to do a lap of honour after the final whistle but I haven’t seen this mentioned either?
It used to be the last chance for many of us to say farewell to players who were leaving.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 12:58]
Have I missed something? on 13:12 - Apr 28 with 5327 viewswheniwasyourage

Not sure I am too bothered this year..

Its unfair of me to say but the players will forever be on record as the ones who sank the club. A lap of honour for that, not for me..

I must admit I did have a terrible though of naming the stalls in the toilets after them... if you brave enough to go for a number two ... you could choses to have a 'moment' in the Jake Eastwood stall, or perhaps the Stockdale stall ... could go retro and literally take a moment in the Ian Thompson stall

II need therapy
Have I missed something? on 13:22 - Apr 28 with 5308 viewsHullDale

From the Sutton matchday guide:

Have I missed something? on 13:50 - Apr 28 with 5228 viewsEllDale

It’s all hypothetical but it may be the last chance to thank the likes of Danny LLoyd, SAJ and Hendo if he doesn’t sign another deal. I wouldn’t blame ROD if he was already telling his agent to find him a league club for next year. Ditto Mullarkey and EEL.
Liam Kelly is another we probably won’t see again again a frustrating couple of seasons.
By and large though the ones who should be ashamed to even think about a lap of honour are the ones who aren’t leaving and who we are stuck with.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 14:10]
Have I missed something? on 13:51 - Apr 28 with 5222 viewselectricblue

Final home game of the season the club could have created an area and given plenty of free tickets out to school kids that enable an adult n child in for free and let them attend the end of season awards and even hand out an award..

That would be an experience the kids will not forget.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Have I missed something? on 13:57 - Apr 28 with 5206 viewsBrierls

Have I missed something? on 13:50 - Apr 28 by EllDale

It’s all hypothetical but it may be the last chance to thank the likes of Danny LLoyd, SAJ and Hendo if he doesn’t sign another deal. I wouldn’t blame ROD if he was already telling his agent to find him a league club for next year. Ditto Mullarkey and EEL.
Liam Kelly is another we probably won’t see again again a frustrating couple of seasons.
By and large though the ones who should be ashamed to even think about a lap of honour are the ones who aren’t leaving and who we are stuck with.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 14:10]

Danny Mayor? Really.

If ROD & EEL are telling their agents to find them a league club, I hope they are successful in their quest! I hope pretty much every contracted player is doing the same, with particular emphasis on John and Ball.

They need to be off the wage bill.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 14:00]
Have I missed something? on 14:09 - Apr 28 with 5150 viewsturnthescrew

Have I missed something? on 13:57 - Apr 28 by Brierls

Danny Mayor? Really.

If ROD & EEL are telling their agents to find them a league club, I hope they are successful in their quest! I hope pretty much every contracted player is doing the same, with particular emphasis on John and Ball.

They need to be off the wage bill.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2023 14:00]

What's happened to Diagouraga? He can join the departure bus as well. Never known such a pile of dross that needs shifting, all at the same time.
Have I missed something? on 14:11 - Apr 28 with 5138 viewsEllDale

Edited, sorry. Shouldn’t try and do this in my dinner time at work 🙁
Have I missed something? on 14:17 - Apr 28 with 5111 viewskel

Have I missed something? on 14:09 - Apr 28 by turnthescrew

What's happened to Diagouraga? He can join the departure bus as well. Never known such a pile of dross that needs shifting, all at the same time.

I said it on Twitter once (so I’ll milk it on here now) but watching Diagouraga reminds me of watching Sir Tom Moore doing laps of his garden.

Never seen such an underwhelming player after he was bigged up by Morecambe fans.
Login to get fewer ads

Have I missed something? on 14:28 - Apr 28 with 5065 viewsJimmySquirrel61

Why would you want the players to do a lap of honour at the last home game?

They've taken Dale down to non league ffs!

When Notts got relegated after losing to Swindon the players came over and appauded us and it was like they was p1ss taking to me, unbelievably some supporters appauded back to them and not even in a sarcastic manner either, practically thanking them for the drop into non league,get the last game done,regroup and make plans for new grounds next season and forget the dross that's taken you there,it would only take a couple of your daft lads to invade the pitch and get you a fine on top of everything else

Poll: Who wants Notts County to get promoted

Have I missed something? on 16:18 - Apr 28 with 4840 viewsNorthernDale

I can see Brierley and Mullakey sold, of those under contract, ROD may get an offer, but do we accept a bid or let him go for free. EEL and John may be made available for transfer, but considering their wages, who would take them? I wonder, if we will get a bid for Odah, he as potential to develop under the right coaching.

Ball and Campbell will possibly be made available for transfer, so may attract attention, but I think we may seek to keep Ball, but I am not too sure about Campbell (he recalled Sinclair, but did not bother recalling Campbell).

Kelly, Lloyd and Keohane may get offered contracts, but besides Keohane, I cannot see them signing new contracts,

Hendo may retire, but at the same time look to stay for one more year out of loyalty to the Dale.
Have I missed something? on 17:02 - Apr 28 with 4711 viewsblackdogblue

Still have the picture of my boy giving Jamie Allen an award on my phone….

The decision by the club not to have one this year is shameful… it is for kids to collect autographs & meet the players ffs… as shite as some of them are… not the point… is there some concern for player safety? Even our balloon element would not be that stupid…..

Another dark day in our history…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Have I missed something? on 17:06 - Apr 28 with 4691 viewskel

Have I missed something? on 17:02 - Apr 28 by blackdogblue

Still have the picture of my boy giving Jamie Allen an award on my phone….

The decision by the club not to have one this year is shameful… it is for kids to collect autographs & meet the players ffs… as shite as some of them are… not the point… is there some concern for player safety? Even our balloon element would not be that stupid…..

Another dark day in our history…

I think the club have made the correct decision not to hold one. Once a few beers are inside the idiots, plus the addition of mid match cocaine, then it would be carnage.
Have I missed something? on 17:29 - Apr 28 with 4622 viewspioneer

Have I missed something? on 16:18 - Apr 28 by NorthernDale

I can see Brierley and Mullakey sold, of those under contract, ROD may get an offer, but do we accept a bid or let him go for free. EEL and John may be made available for transfer, but considering their wages, who would take them? I wonder, if we will get a bid for Odah, he as potential to develop under the right coaching.

Ball and Campbell will possibly be made available for transfer, so may attract attention, but I think we may seek to keep Ball, but I am not too sure about Campbell (he recalled Sinclair, but did not bother recalling Campbell).

Kelly, Lloyd and Keohane may get offered contracts, but besides Keohane, I cannot see them signing new contracts,

Hendo may retire, but at the same time look to stay for one more year out of loyalty to the Dale.

Ian Henderson owes Rochdale nothing in terms of loyalty. Having been shafted once by the club he showed great loyalty in returning to what was clearly a club with many challenges.

Whatever he chosesto do he will always be a dale legend.

That goal against Salford will forever etched in the memories of those fortunate enough to be at the game.
Have I missed something? on 18:09 - Apr 28 with 4508 viewsblackdogblue

Have I missed something? on 17:06 - Apr 28 by kel

I think the club have made the correct decision not to hold one. Once a few beers are inside the idiots, plus the addition of mid match cocaine, then it would be carnage.

Whilst I agree Kel it’s all about communication…

Tumbleweeds from the club as usual 🤬

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Have I missed something? on 18:11 - Apr 28 with 4496 viewsNorthernDale

Yes, I agree about the club shafting Henderson, but I think Hendo as an affinity with the fans, which influence his decision in respect to next season.

I am still baffled and at the same time concerned about who will draw up the retained list and decide who get new contract offers. Will they put cost, before ability?
Have I missed something? on 18:25 - Apr 28 with 4461 viewskel

There was a rumour knocking about at the time of the Leyton Orient away game that Hendo had triggered a clause in his contract to extend for another year. All gone quiet since though.
Have I missed something? on 18:30 - Apr 28 with 4441 viewsJames1980

Have I missed something? on 18:25 - Apr 28 by kel

There was a rumour knocking about at the time of the Leyton Orient away game that Hendo had triggered a clause in his contract to extend for another year. All gone quiet since though.

Just a thought which players would get a favourable reception if they were to come into The Ratcliffe after the game?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Have I missed something? on 18:38 - Apr 28 with 4417 viewsSandyman

Have I missed something? on 18:30 - Apr 28 by James1980

Just a thought which players would get a favourable reception if they were to come into The Ratcliffe after the game?

Will depend on who's there and what sort of mood they are in I guess.
Have I missed something? on 18:52 - Apr 28 with 4354 viewsBrierls

Have I missed something? on 16:18 - Apr 28 by NorthernDale

ROD, EEL & John are all high earners who we've not seen anywhere near enough value from. ROD comes the closest. They all need to go if possible, forget about fees.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mullarkey has a clause that allows him to move to a league club for the fee we paid Alty. I'd like him to stay.

I don't think Ball falls into the high earner category, but anything he's paid is too much. He needs to go.

Rodney and Campbell are under contract, with Rodney a high earner cause we took over his Walsall contract after they'd shelled out a six-figure sum for him 6 months earlier. I think there's a chance of getting a tune out of both, but I wouldn't be disappointed if they moved on. I get the feeling Campbell doesn't want to be up North.

I believe we have an option in our favour on Odoh and I'd keep him. I also believe Hendo has triggered another year, I'd like him to stay but who knows if he will.

Kelly can GTF, as can Keohane who was absolutely dreadful all season.

Of those out of contract, I'd only be offering a contract to Lloyd. I very much doubt he signs it.
Have I missed something? on 18:56 - Apr 28 with 4334 viewsBrierls

Absolutely the correct decision not to hold the end of season awards.

Many accuse the board of being tone deaf to the feelings of the fanbase, can you imagine the abuse they'd get if they pushed again with an awards do?!
Have I missed something? on 19:03 - Apr 28 with 4310 viewsJames1980

Suppose that if they said there will be no awards event but some players will be in the bar after the game after the game to sign autographs chat with fans. Those that don't go might get abuse and accused of bottling.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Have I missed something? on 19:18 - Apr 28 with 4260 viewsDorkingDale

Have I missed something? on 18:56 - Apr 28 by Brierls

Absolutely the correct decision not to hold the end of season awards.

Many accuse the board of being tone deaf to the feelings of the fanbase, can you imagine the abuse they'd get if they pushed again with an awards do?!

My thoughts exactly Brierls.

There would've been an avalanche of criticism on here if they'd announced any event.
Have I missed something? on 21:39 - Apr 28 with 4112 viewschuckleberry

All club staff have been forbidden from going out in Rochdale tomorrow night in case it looks like they are having a celebration. Orders from the top…
Have I missed something? on 21:41 - Apr 28 with 4107 viewsjudd

Have I missed something? on 21:39 - Apr 28 by chuckleberry

All club staff have been forbidden from going out in Rochdale tomorrow night in case it looks like they are having a celebration. Orders from the top…

Seriously?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Have I missed something? on 21:58 - Apr 28 with 4065 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Have I missed something? on 21:39 - Apr 28 by chuckleberry

Can they go out in Littleborough or the flesh pots of Whitoth?

We're having a laugh!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024