Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
manager 19:53 - May 1 with 9827 viewsdigswellhoop

do you think ainsworth will be in charge next season im not sure
manager on 19:58 - May 1 with 5490 viewsQPR_John

Is that by the start of the season or sacked mid-season
[Post edited 1 May 2023 19:59]
manager on 09:00 - May 2 with 5166 viewsdigswellhoop

start
manager on 09:02 - May 2 with 5159 viewsdaveB

He'll start next season but don't think he'll last long, feels a bit Gary Waddock like at the moment
[Post edited 2 May 2023 9:02]
manager on 09:04 - May 2 with 5121 viewsjohnhoop

FFS.
manager on 09:42 - May 2 with 4989 viewsRanger_1969

manager on 09:02 - May 2 by daveB

He'll start next season but don't think he'll last long, feels a bit Gary Waddock like at the moment
[Post edited 2 May 2023 9:02]

Big difference is that Ainsworth has 10+ years of managerial experience behind him, Waddock had none.

A more relevant comparison might be with Holloway - 5 years experience when he joined us. Didn't keep us up - but got it right eventually.
[Post edited 2 May 2023 9:47]
manager on 09:53 - May 2 with 4940 viewsdaveB

manager on 09:42 - May 2 by Ranger_1969

Big difference is that Ainsworth has 10+ years of managerial experience behind him, Waddock had none.

A more relevant comparison might be with Holloway - 5 years experience when he joined us. Didn't keep us up - but got it right eventually.
[Post edited 2 May 2023 9:47]

just how it feels to me, been dreadful for the most part and lucky to stay up, I don't think he'll last long next season
manager on 11:08 - May 2 with 4808 viewsQPR_John

manager on 09:00 - May 2 by digswellhoop

start

So have a target of keeping the team up and when succesful get the sack.
manager on 11:10 - May 2 with 4802 viewsQPR_John

manager on 09:53 - May 2 by daveB

just how it feels to me, been dreadful for the most part and lucky to stay up, I don't think he'll last long next season

So you don't think he will get it right eventually.
Login to get fewer ads

manager on 11:15 - May 2 with 4778 viewsdaveB

manager on 11:10 - May 2 by QPR_John

So you don't think he will get it right eventually.

I hope he does but I can't see it going well
manager on 11:35 - May 2 with 4702 viewsRangersw12

I would let him go after the Bristol but I reckon he will last until November/December
manager on 11:43 - May 2 with 4667 viewsJuzzie

manager on 11:35 - May 2 by Rangersw12

I would let him go after the Bristol but I reckon he will last until November/December

We can't keep sacking managers who are on 18month/3 year contracts (and the backroom staff) every few months.
manager on 11:50 - May 2 with 4620 viewsDavieQPR

He'll be okay as long as he adapts. The fans won't put up with us having about 15 minutes possession per game and constant defending.
manager on 12:14 - May 2 with 4530 viewsLowerloftLad

Ainsworth has actually got these bunch of losers winning and we are talking about replacing him only at QPR.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

manager on 12:17 - May 2 with 4514 viewsW7Ranger

Lucky? That's harsh!!

Why lucky?
manager on 12:49 - May 2 with 4432 viewsTomS

Football is a results driven business. Pragmatism over aesthetics is required at this point, given the probable make up of the squad we'll have at the beginning of next season.

I believe GA can deliver the results needed to keep us in the Championship next season, which will buy the board time to review and amend their vision for the club, given the realities of the current environment.
manager on 12:54 - May 2 with 4396 viewsTheChef

Cheer up Dave

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

manager on 13:10 - May 2 with 4336 viewsrobith

I think he will but I'm not sure why you were downvoted digs
manager on 13:28 - May 2 with 4272 viewsRangersw12

manager on 12:17 - May 2 by W7Ranger

Lucky? That's harsh!!

Why lucky?

Reading points deduction
manager on 13:30 - May 2 with 4238 viewskensalriser

manager on 13:28 - May 2 by Rangersw12

Reading points deduction

We won't know until the season's over whether that kept us up or not.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

manager on 13:31 - May 2 with 4257 viewsTGRRRSSS

Think he signed on 3.5 year deal so def starts the season.

Be interesting too see how he does with full pre season and incomings and outgoings.

Big concern is biggest names if you will likely to go, and for how much?
manager on 13:37 - May 2 with 4232 viewsSonofpugwash

It's not exactly silk purse territory but GA has shown you can make a bum bag out of a sow's ear.A lot will depend on what signings he's allowed to make.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

manager on 14:03 - May 2 with 4161 viewsQPR_Jim

manager on 11:43 - May 2 by Juzzie

We can't keep sacking managers who are on 18month/3 year contracts (and the backroom staff) every few months.

True, although the contract should limit the compensation to one years wage ideally.

The issue would be that it would make us look like an even bigger basket case to sack NC because we were in a relegation fight then sack the first manager to get back to back wins for us in 6 months and who's kept us up. Who's queuing up for that job and how does that translate into player morale?

The players haven't been right since Beale left and there's a sense of it being directly linked to them wanting to follow him but I think it's more of a case that we look poorly run so the players adjusted their view of the club and acceptable standards.

In terms of style of play people are extrapolating from a limited amount of information. You can take the low possession and some of his quotes to mean he's deliberately trying to give the ball away and he has no plan of attack other than long ball. But it's equally as likely that since Blackpool he's been working on defensive positioning and shape rather than attack, so given time over the summer he will develop that side as well. Who knows, he's earned the opportunity to have a summer to get his points across to the squad and get them working how he wants.
manager on 14:36 - May 2 with 4110 viewsPinnerPaul

Not having a dig Dave, but going to get out one of my favourite hobby horses - you don't get 'lucky' or 'unlucky' over 46 games.
manager on 14:38 - May 2 with 4092 viewsPinnerPaul

manager on 11:35 - May 2 by Rangersw12

When you say "Let him go" - you actually mean pay up him , Dobson and who knows who else, putting us in a worse situation finacially and we're back to square 1 manger wise.

New bloke will want to bring in new players - they all do and on it goes.

As Clive, me and many others have said, it hasn't worked for years so maybe, just maybe, the manager isn't the issue?
manager on 14:40 - May 2 with 4068 viewsPinnerPaul

manager on 13:28 - May 2 by Rangersw12

Reading points deduction

So they and everyone else should be allowed to ignore the rules - basically the same ones we got a world record fine for?

That's like saying you are 'lucky' to win when the oppo get a player sent off.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024