Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Programmes - Saturday Quickfire Q’s 15:54 - Jun 17 with 1784 viewsSAPilgrim

Found myself wandering through a town market a fair while from West London and as i often do looked for any old programmes - as luck will tell picked up three. So based on these three to alleviate any Saturday afternoon boredom have some trivia questions!

1) Who captained both our games of 11.09.71 v P.N.E. and 25.10.69 v Charlton Athletic?

2) What was the result (and who was the opponent) of our most recent game prior to the 25.10.69 game against CA, the result described as ‘a match to pull out all the star-studded adjectives. The exciting and entertaining football reached a peak that has only been attained at this ground two or three times in the last few years’?

3) Having played 6th prior to the match against P.N.E., where were QPR in the football combination table prior to the game?

4) Who was our first scorer against B.C.F.C. 07.09.71 at just 18 years old? What was the final result of the game?

5) Who were our two new signings before the 1962-62 season, and which clubs did they sign from?

Answers on a postcard!
Old Programmes - Saturday Quickfire Q’s on 15:58 - Jun 17 with 1753 viewsSAPilgrim

3) should say having played SIX not SIXTH, apologies
Old Programmes - Saturday Quickfire Q’s on 16:48 - Jun 17 with 1657 viewsDannyPaddox

I could look this up in the programmes but like a music-hall memory man I’m going to guess … blindfolded … whilst drinking a glass of water.

1. Mike Keen
2. No idea. An early League Cup win 6-3 versus Fulchester Rovers
3. Top
4. Gerry Francis 5-2
5. Stuart Leary (Charlton) Mark Lazarus (Brentford/ Orient?)

I’ll be happy with even one correct answer.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 16:50]
Old Programmes - Saturday Quickfire Q’s on 17:13 - Jun 17 with 1630 viewsSAPilgrim

Half-right on one: G.F. indeed first scorer. So you didn’t choke on the water but most of it’s down the front of the rented tux… it was also a football league cup fixture so have a full point
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 17:19]
Old Programmes - Saturday Quickfire Q’s on 17:27 - Jun 17 with 1607 viewsDannyPaddox

Old Programmes - Saturday Quickfire Q’s on 17:13 - Jun 17 by SAPilgrim

Half-right on one: G.F. indeed first scorer. So you didn’t choke on the water but most of it’s down the front of the rented tux… it was also a football league cup fixture so have a full point
[Post edited 17 Jun 2023 17:19]

Every one says I have a drinking problem. But I have no problem drinking.
Old Programmes - Saturday Quickfire Q’s on 17:46 - Jun 17 with 1585 viewsterryb

1) Mike Ferguson. I think Mike Keen was at Luton by that time.

2) I remember that we beat a First division team in the League Cup, but unsure of who! Wolves at a guess but no idea of the score.

3) Complete guess of first.

4) Definitely Gerry Francis & a guess of 2-0. The programme had an article of "We've got our own Francis" & comparing Gerry to Trevor.

5) No idea
Old Programmes - Saturday Quickfire Q’s on 18:11 - Jun 17 with 1558 viewsSAPilgrim

Wolves is correct! As is the score against Brum.
Old Programmes - Saturday Quickfire Q’s on 18:18 - Jun 17 with 1540 viewscolinallcars

Old Programmes - Saturday Quickfire Q’s on 17:27 - Jun 17 by DannyPaddox

Every one says I have a drinking problem. But I have no problem drinking.

My doctor said to me once “d'you drink a lot ?”
“ no more than the next man “ I said.
Mind you, I was standing next to Dean Martin.
Old Programmes - Saturday Quickfire Q’s on 01:06 - Jun 19 with 1203 viewsDannyPaddox

Old Programmes - Saturday Quickfire Q’s on 18:18 - Jun 17 by colinallcars

My doctor said to me once “d'you drink a lot ?”
“ no more than the next man “ I said.
Mind you, I was standing next to Dean Martin.

I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Login to get fewer ads

Old Programmes - Saturday Quickfire Q’s on 10:11 - Jun 19 with 1090 viewsterryb

1) The captain is easy unless he was out injured for both games & I can't believe I sugested Mike Ferguson! Terry Venables.

His first match at LR as captain was to renew battle with the Scottish hordes in a pre season friendly!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024