Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Shop incident? 15:28 - Jul 21 with 5367 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Has anyone seen the video?

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/club-statement-july-21

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Club Shop incident? on 21:38 - Jul 22 with 1164 viewsmax936

Club Shop incident? on 17:07 - Jul 21 by ItchySphincter

I’m assuming he hopped back on his scrambler and headed straight back to Port Tennant.

Never assume anything in life, cause its guaranteed to comeback and bite you on your arse.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Club Shop incident? on 21:55 - Jul 22 with 1140 viewsSullutaCreturned

Club Shop incident? on 21:38 - Jul 22 by max936

Never assume anything in life, cause its guaranteed to comeback and bite you on your arse.

I assume you have experience in that regard
Club Shop incident? on 22:03 - Jul 22 with 1130 viewsmax936

Club Shop incident? on 21:55 - Jul 22 by SullutaCreturned

I assume you have experience in that regard

Absolutely Cat!

Club Shop incident? on 22:07 - Jul 22 with 1128 viewsSullutaCreturned

Club Shop incident? on 22:03 - Jul 22 by max936

Absolutely Cat!

Yeah me too.
Club Shop incident? on 23:06 - Jul 22 with 1089 viewsKeithHaynes

Club Shop incident? on 19:10 - Jul 22 by 1983

Totally agree with everything you say but that fella looks a right beaut, there are ways and means of doing things and going about your business he comes across as a complete bell wiff. If I was the shop worker I would have taken his cash gone around the back put the cash in my pocket and paid for the mug with my debt card and given the mug to the mug!

He was doing it for several of the wrong reasons.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Club Shop incident? on 08:32 - Jul 23 with 1055 viewsJackUlation

never trust a copper anyway.
Club Shop incident? on 09:13 - Jul 23 with 1044 viewsItchySphincter

Just a little joke, deepest heartfelt apologies.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Club Shop incident? on 09:39 - Jul 23 with 1032 viewsonehunglow

Too bluddy right Ste

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Club Shop incident? on 09:41 - Jul 23 with 1031 viewsmax936

Club Shop incident? on 09:13 - Jul 23 by ItchySphincter

Just a little joke, deepest heartfelt apologies.

Club Shop incident? on 10:56 - Jul 23 with 1010 viewsItchySphincter

Club Shop incident? on 09:41 - Jul 23 by max936

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Club Shop incident? on 12:24 - Jul 23 with 974 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Club Shop incident? on 11:59 - Jul 22 by PawelAbbott

If this person has no access to a bank account or even just forgot their card, but has the cash then it is a disgusting decision by the club shop not to serve them.
It's meant to be a community club. There are people in the community who don't have access to bank accounts.
That person may be in that situation and be going to buy a present for a child who wants a Swans mug. They have the ability to pay in cash but due to the clubs policy they are still unable to buy the gift.
The club should have done a lot more to resolve the situation amicably.

If you don’t have a bank account how do you get the cash in the first place? Most employers don’t pay cash and neither do benefits/dole etc.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Club Shop incident? on 12:34 - Jul 23 with 957 viewscontroversial_jack

Club Shop incident? on 12:24 - Jul 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

If you don’t have a bank account how do you get the cash in the first place? Most employers don’t pay cash and neither do benefits/dole etc.

The post office i think. Many pensioners draw out cash each week
Club Shop incident? on 12:50 - Jul 23 with 950 viewsmagicdaps10

Going to take this from another angle and hopefully someone from the club will take this on board.

Whilst taking payment for something, a top in the club shop or a pint in the stadium.....make sure the item is away from the customer before payment, keep the shirt in the unit behind them in the club shop or keep the pint on the table behind them, ask the customer to pay before giving the product over.

I think this clown from the video will open up a few others to try and be clever so hopefully a good training procedure is put in place to stop this happening again.

As I said in a previous post, I get the cash debate but unfortunately a lot of businesses are deciding to go this way due to the issues being made by less banking hours and other factors that go with it.......as much as I don't totally agree with the cashless situation I do get the other side of it and can also understand it from both sides.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Club Shop incident? on 13:17 - Jul 23 with 929 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Club Shop incident? on 12:34 - Jul 23 by controversial_jack

The post office i think. Many pensioners draw out cash each week

So they have a bank account then?

Club Shop incident? on 13:22 - Jul 23 with 916 viewsmagicdaps10

Club Shop incident? on 13:17 - Jul 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

So they have a bank account then?

Course they have an account but they have been brought up using cash and it's the older generation who I have sympathy for in this situation not some guy who probably pays for the majority of things by card using his phone to film something for a bit of attention.

Let all employers pay their staff by cash and see the fall out when people start moaning that they can't get the money into the bank due to the hours the bank are open.......people need to see the bigger picture rather than from just how it affects their own personal situation.

Club Shop incident? on 14:30 - Jul 23 with 876 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Club Shop incident? on 13:22 - Jul 23 by magicdaps10

Course they have an account but they have been brought up using cash and it's the older generation who I have sympathy for in this situation not some guy who probably pays for the majority of things by card using his phone to film something for a bit of attention.

Let all employers pay their staff by cash and see the fall out when people start moaning that they can't get the money into the bank due to the hours the bank are open.......people need to see the bigger picture rather than from just how it affects their own personal situation.

That generation grew up with groats and shillings and farthings and half pence etc but they adapted, if anything it’s far easier just to go beep and put your card against the thing. It’s also safer because they are less likely to be mugged for carrying hundreds of pounds around. If a business or individual is sitting on a load of cash they are painting a big target on their head and a sign saying “please rob us”

Club Shop incident? on 14:45 - Jul 23 with 861 viewsmagicdaps10

Club Shop incident? on 14:30 - Jul 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

That generation grew up with groats and shillings and farthings and half pence etc but they adapted, if anything it’s far easier just to go beep and put your card against the thing. It’s also safer because they are less likely to be mugged for carrying hundreds of pounds around. If a business or individual is sitting on a load of cash they are painting a big target on their head and a sign saying “please rob us”

I agree with you, unfortunately we live in a world with people who don't like change and more worrying so don't like to be told what to do.

Club Shop incident? on 14:55 - Jul 23 with 854 viewsTheAlpineShrew

Club Shop incident? on 18:23 - Jul 22 by shingle

What you reckon we do to stop these rules being forced upon us seeing as you get the cash argument, especially as they will cause a lot of hardship for many with the elite knowing where everything you spent goes.

If you are worried about the elites knowing what you are spending your money on, wait till you find out about Google/Apple knowing where you are all the time.
Club Shop incident? on 21:38 - Jul 23 with 769 viewsSullutaCreturned

Club Shop incident? on 14:30 - Jul 23 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

A card isnt that much safer, you can be mugged for a card and that card can be used several times in a short space to spend hundreds too.

Much older people can struggle wth new tech, even something as simple as a contactless card. There are younger people too who prefer to use cash for mny reasons.

On the banks, finding an open branch these days is getting hard. I didn't realise that barclays on the enterprise zone and in Morriston had closed, as has the lloyds in Morriston.

I do all my banking online but some people still need the branch, the staff, the cash. These jobs are disappearing, put in with the supermarkets and train staff that are disappearing too, it's not good.
Club Shop incident? on 08:58 - Jul 24 with 709 viewscontroversial_jack

Club Shop incident? on 21:38 - Jul 23 by SullutaCreturned

A card isnt that much safer, you can be mugged for a card and that card can be used several times in a short space to spend hundreds too.

Much older people can struggle wth new tech, even something as simple as a contactless card. There are younger people too who prefer to use cash for mny reasons.

On the banks, finding an open branch these days is getting hard. I didn't realise that barclays on the enterprise zone and in Morriston had closed, as has the lloyds in Morriston.

I do all my banking online but some people still need the branch, the staff, the cash. These jobs are disappearing, put in with the supermarkets and train staff that are disappearing too, it's not good.

A card is less safe. It can be used as contactless up to £100
Club Shop incident? on 11:27 - Jul 24 with 672 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A good business will do want their customers want. If customers want to pay by cash it should be accepted. Can you see tesco or any other supermarket refusing cash.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Club Shop incident? on 11:38 - Jul 24 with 670 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Club Shop incident? on 08:58 - Jul 24 by controversial_jack

A card can be cancelled in seconds with one phone call. Most banks will also pay you back for any fraud.

Club Shop incident? on 11:46 - Jul 24 with 660 viewsraynor94

Club Shop incident? on 08:58 - Jul 24 by controversial_jack

And if you tried to use it a few times in quick succession, they would ask for your pin.

Cash is ok for some things, but 95 % of the time it's a card.

So much easier

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Club Shop incident? on 12:24 - Jul 24 with 650 viewscontroversial_jack

Club Shop incident? on 11:46 - Jul 24 by raynor94

And if you tried to use it a few times in quick succession, they would ask for your pin.

Cash is ok for some things, but 95 % of the time it's a card.

So much easier

Well once is enough. that's £100 gone, so therefore no safer than cash.

I use card for everything, but i'm not everyone and neither are you. There should be an option for cash too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024