Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we all a bit reassured? 18:32 - Sep 2 with 12364 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Far from safe obviously, but I’m reassured that we are far from doomed.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 2:09]
Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:14 - Sep 3 with 1475 viewsJames_Paddocks

Crucially, it's starting to feel fun again. Bouncing away ends, players giving a shit, and a sprinkling of quality thrown in.

It's all I ever need from my Saturdays tbh.
Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:32 - Sep 3 with 1409 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Are we all a bit reassured? on 20:14 - Sep 3 by James_Paddocks

Crucially, it's starting to feel fun again. Bouncing away ends, players giving a shit, and a sprinkling of quality thrown in.

It's all I ever need from my Saturdays tbh.

Delighted to hear that.

Enjoy!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Are we all a bit reassured? on 10:37 - Sep 5 with 1092 viewsBluce_Ree

Last season I was pretty sure we'd lose going into every game. Like we were just incapable of winning. I don't feel like that now. Now I feel like we're a credible bottom half team.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Are we all a bit reassured? on 11:01 - Sep 5 with 1061 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Are we all a bit reassured? on 13:38 - Sep 3 by nix

This always gets wheeled out but how realistic is that. We’ve only had this in five of the last twenty seasons and two of those were promotion seasons. The players included Furlong, Austin (twice), Taraabt and Gallen. Surely it’s more realistic to try and get goals throughout the team rather than relying on the hope of a unicorn appearing?

Just to add to this…

Only two players got 20+ goals last season and only 6 got 15+.

They are rare, and the rare follow the money.
Are we all a bit reassured? on 11:11 - Sep 5 with 1037 viewslondonscottish

It's been encouraging so far. The performances against Cardiff, Southampton and Ipswich were decent and Rangers made Boro look very ordinary.

Cook and Fox have shored up the back, Ozzie's much better as part of a three, Smyth's a revelation as a wingback (WTF?), Colback pairs nicely with Field and Dozzell's been re-incarnated as some sort of No 10.

What's going on? It's almost as if someone's been doing some actual, you know, coaching.

As others have said, though, the squad is still thin and injuries will be what determines the course of the season.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Are we all a bit reassured? on 11:27 - Sep 5 with 992 viewsTheChef

Still going to be a tough season and we'll need a lot of luck with injuries - but very pleased to see we're moving in the right direction.

As I said back in July, let's see where we are after ten games before we judge the manager too harshly.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Are we all a bit reassured? on 11:42 - Sep 5 with 946 viewsnix

Are we all a bit reassured? on 11:27 - Sep 5 by TheChef

Still going to be a tough season and we'll need a lot of luck with injuries - but very pleased to see we're moving in the right direction.

As I said back in July, let's see where we are after ten games before we judge the manager too harshly.

Yep. Can't get carried away too soon either as the pitchforks will be out as soon as we lose a couple of matches again.

But it's so nice to see some goals going in and some pride coming back among the team and the fans. One of the best atmospheres I've been in for a long time up at Boro.

Still it is tough with such a thin squad and up against some of the clubs above us with ridiculous budgets in comparison.
Are we all a bit reassured? on 11:26 - Sep 6 with 733 viewsQPRConor2000

This team reminds me a lot of when we had Ollie in charge for his second spell, there were times where we played well but didnt get the results we deserved from the games.

Still early days of course, but, If we continue playing like we are then I have no doubt we will be fine.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2023 11:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024