Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£12 million a year 08:41 - Sep 18 with 3119 viewsraynor94

The estimated cost of adding another 36 snouts to the trough at the assembly.

Drakeford backed by Plaid ushering this through, at least the Tories opposed this on cost grounds

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£12 million a year on 08:34 - Sep 19 with 766 viewscontroversial_jack

£12 million a year on 08:00 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

The biggest impact on interest rates is inflation and the biggest impact on inflation is fuel and food costs. Although both could be priced in dollars, neither in the main are a result of the budget. There were more significant reasons.

Nobody is suggesting the budget had an effect on inflation,but nevertherless it was money wasted by the incompetent tories in London. Certainly puts Drakers in the shade
£12 million a year on 08:37 - Sep 19 with 769 viewsWhiterockin

£12 million a year on 08:34 - Sep 19 by controversial_jack

Nobody is suggesting the budget had an effect on inflation,but nevertherless it was money wasted by the incompetent tories in London. Certainly puts Drakers in the shade

I suggest that you read the post to which I replied.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

£12 million a year on 15:35 - Sep 19 with 714 viewscontroversial_jack

£12 million a year on 08:37 - Sep 19 by Whiterockin

I suggest that you read the post to which I replied.

I agree and that’s why i posted what i did
£12 million a year on 17:29 - Sep 19 with 683 viewsfelixstowe_jack

£12 million a year on 15:35 - Sep 19 by controversial_jack

I agree and that’s why i posted what i did

Mind you the incompetence idiot in the Kremlin puts everyone in the shade.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

£12 million a year on 18:37 - Sep 19 with 659 viewsonehunglow

£12 million a year on 17:29 - Sep 19 by felixstowe_jack

Mind you the incompetence idiot in the Kremlin puts everyone in the shade.

He’s far from incompetent. He is very much competent,lethally so .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

£12 million a year on 20:18 - Sep 20 with 584 viewsKilkennyjack

£12 million a year on 08:34 - Sep 19 by controversial_jack

Quite right.

Beware of the Risen People

£12 million a year on 07:32 - Sep 21 with 544 viewsfelixstowe_jack

£12 million a year on 20:18 - Sep 20 by Kilkennyjack

Quite right.

Drakeford is a busted flush he is the most despised politician in Wales.

£12 million a year on 09:14 - Sep 21 with 523 viewsJohnw102

£12 million a year on 18:41 - Sep 18 by raynor94

Updated to £18 million now, how many Doctors Dentists and Nurses would that pay for?

Don't forget all their expenses and other add ons!!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Login to get fewer ads

£12 million a year on 09:41 - Sep 21 with 512 viewsBadgeman

£12 million a year on 15:46 - Sep 18 by SullutaCreturned

I've told you before, just because the Westminster government is useless, it doesn't mean we should accept the Welsh government being just as useless.

If they say it'll cost 12 million you can bet it's at least double that.

Now that 375 million EU money, ho much has he Senedd wasted this year...

150+12+.....The final figure when it's all added up could be staggering in Welsh terms.

Except they aren’t being just as useless though. The Senedd are spending 18m a year on 36 extra politicians.

For comparison, the amount of money that Liz Truss wasted on her mini budget would pay for an extra 60 000 politicians a year, or would be enough to pay for Drakefords 36 politicians for over 1600 years.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

£12 million a year on 09:50 - Sep 21 with 512 viewsBadgeman

£12 million a year on 18:41 - Sep 18 by raynor94

Updated to £18 million now, how many Doctors Dentists and Nurses would that pay for?

The amount Drakeford is spending on new politicians could pay for about 360 junior doctors a year.

The amount that Liz Truss wasted on her disastrous mini budget could pay for about 600 000 junior doctors a year.

£12 million a year on 10:06 - Sep 21 with 500 viewscontroversial_jack

£12 million a year on 09:50 - Sep 21 by Badgeman

The amount Drakeford is spending on new politicians could pay for about 360 junior doctors a year.

The amount that Liz Truss wasted on her disastrous mini budget could pay for about 600 000 junior doctors a year.

Great post. That puts things into perspective.
£12 million a year on 11:59 - Sep 21 with 482 viewsWhiterockin

I couldn't find any mention of this in the last Labour manifesto.

£12 million a year on 12:45 - Sep 21 with 472 viewsKilkennyjack

Outstanding post.

Thank you.

£12 million a year on 13:18 - Sep 21 with 458 viewsWhiterockin

Agreed. But you can't change the past only the future.

£12 million a year on 13:22 - Sep 21 with 447 viewsBadgeman

£12 million a year on 11:59 - Sep 21 by Whiterockin

I couldn't find any mention of this in the last Labour manifesto.

Chapter 10, page 64 of the manifesto.

“We will build on the work on the Senedd committee on electoral reform, and develop proposals to improve the representation of Wales in their Parliament.”

https://movingforward.wales/documents/WEB-14542_21-Welsh-Labour-Manifesto_A5.pdf

£12 million a year on 13:24 - Sep 21 with 444 viewsBadgeman

£12 million a year on 13:18 - Sep 21 by Whiterockin

Agreed. But you can't change the past only the future.

Then stop crying over the 20mph speed limit. You can’t change the past.

£12 million a year on 13:26 - Sep 21 with 442 viewsBadgeman

£12 million a year on 12:45 - Sep 21 by Kilkennyjack

Outstanding post.

Thank you.

Won’t do a lick of good. They simply ignore any facts that prove inconvenient.

£12 million a year on 13:52 - Sep 21 with 420 viewsfelixstowe_jack

£12 million a year on 13:22 - Sep 21 by Badgeman

Chapter 10, page 64 of the manifesto.

“We will build on the work on the Senedd committee on electoral reform, and develop proposals to improve the representation of Wales in their Parliament.”

https://movingforward.wales/documents/WEB-14542_21-Welsh-Labour-Manifesto_A5.pdf

That is counter to their manifesto. They state they are going to improve the representation of Wales in their Parliament. How on earth is an extra 36 politicians, which voters can't directly vote in or out of power, going to improve representation.

£12 million a year on 13:56 - Sep 21 with 417 viewsBadgeman

£12 million a year on 13:52 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

That is counter to their manifesto. They state they are going to improve the representation of Wales in their Parliament. How on earth is an extra 36 politicians, which voters can't directly vote in or out of power, going to improve representation.

Voters will be voting these politicians in and out every 4 years. These aren’t going to be like members of the House of Lords.

£12 million a year on 14:06 - Sep 21 with 414 viewsWhiterockin

£12 million a year on 13:52 - Sep 21 by felixstowe_jack

Don't bother mate, it's just another Labour sheep who can't accept that change is on the way, the same as Conservative and Plaid. The Welsh public are not happy with the way the Senedd is working, it will take time but it will change. The power of social media has demonstrated with the petition that if enough people group together there can be momentum. I expect this to come into play in the next Senedd elections with tactical voting.

Some of us have no allegiance to any party and therefore can take a broader view.

£12 million a year on 14:12 - Sep 21 with 409 viewsScotia

£12 million a year on 13:56 - Sep 21 by Badgeman

Voters will be voting these politicians in and out every 4 years. These aren’t going to be like members of the House of Lords.

I don't think we need the extra Senedd members, the ones we have at the moment aren't particulalry good..

But at least they'll be elected completely by proportional representation - it's not the best version of proportional representation but it is a start.

There will be no more wasted votes and no excuse not to vote.
£12 million a year on 14:13 - Sep 21 with 409 viewsBadgeman

£12 million a year on 14:06 - Sep 21 by Whiterockin

Don't bother mate, it's just another Labour sheep who can't accept that change is on the way, the same as Conservative and Plaid. The Welsh public are not happy with the way the Senedd is working, it will take time but it will change. The power of social media has demonstrated with the petition that if enough people group together there can be momentum. I expect this to come into play in the next Senedd elections with tactical voting.

Some of us have no allegiance to any party and therefore can take a broader view.

What change have I not been able to accept? If people want to vote out Welsh Labour because they do unpopular things that’s a good thing and it shows democracy is working.

You said that electoral reform wasn’t in the manifesto or that you didn’t see it. Regardless of your opinions of said reform, it’s an undeniable fact that it was in there so don’t cry “labour sheep” when it gets pointed out to you that you’re wrong, misinformed or both.

The proposals aren’t counter to what the Welsh Labour 2021 manifesto said. The Senedd commission referenced in the manifesto proposed Senedd expansion and electoral reform which is what they are pushing on with as they were elected to do. You may not like it but they said they were going to do it before the election. If I’ve made any factual inaccuracies you’re free to point them out.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2023 14:19]

£12 million a year on 14:16 - Sep 21 with 405 viewsBadgeman

£12 million a year on 14:12 - Sep 21 by Scotia

I don't think we need the extra Senedd members, the ones we have at the moment aren't particulalry good..

But at least they'll be elected completely by proportional representation - it's not the best version of proportional representation but it is a start.

There will be no more wasted votes and no excuse not to vote.

I don’t think we need as many as 36 extra members either. I would’ve added 20 more additional list members and called it a day.

£12 million a year on 16:33 - Sep 21 with 360 viewsSullutaCreturned

£12 million a year on 09:41 - Sep 21 by Badgeman

Except they aren’t being just as useless though. The Senedd are spending 18m a year on 36 extra politicians.

For comparison, the amount of money that Liz Truss wasted on her mini budget would pay for an extra 60 000 politicians a year, or would be enough to pay for Drakefords 36 politicians for over 1600 years.

For comparison, the Westminster budget is vastly more massive than the Senedd's. The Senedd spends 20 billion but Westminster spends 1,189 billion which is nearly 60 times more.
Financially speaking any Westminster cock ups will always be enormous compared to Welsh government financial stupidity.

While Wales is having an extra 36 politicians foisted on us Westminster is actually cutting politicians. Just for comparison.

The whataboutery is staggering, we shouldn't be pointing fingers at people who aren't spending Welsh money badly but we should be pointing them at those who are!
£12 million a year on 16:44 - Sep 21 with 348 viewsKilkennyjack

£12 million a year on 13:56 - Sep 21 by Badgeman

Well said.

Both Johnson and Truss have debased it and removed any pretence that its a serious law making institution.
Its the establishment looking after their own.

Talking of which i wonder how Lady Charlotte Owen is getting along…?
Shameful stuff by the failed hack.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024