Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leighton James 18:00 - Nov 19 with 5351 viewsKeithHaynes

Mate has sent an email stating he has had a stroke and has a bleed on the brain plus other complications.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Leighton James on 13:15 - Nov 21 with 851 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Leighton James on 12:13 - Nov 21 by TimBowen

I remember Leighton was signed by the Swans after the transfer deadline. But was given special dispensation from the League, to play for us away at Charlton on the last game of that season, (May 1980) as the result wouldn't affect promotion or relegation issues for other teams at the end of that season. I was there that day when we beat Charlton 1-2.

How many of us, that were Swans fans back in 1980 for 3 to 4 seasons, can forget the massive contribution Leighton made to our promotion to the First Division (as was) back in May 1981 and, into that glorious, never to be forgotten, first season in the First Division.

Leighton's stupendous 'top corner' goal, down at 'our end' in Deepdale on May 2nd 1981, was for me, because of the significance of the occasion, the greatest, most crucial goal of his time with the Swans. Maybe...even his career?

Mind you, him smashing a (direct) free-kick passed Bruce Grobbelaar from almost the half way line, against Liverpool at the Vetch, comes mighty close!

Yeah, Leighton had his opinions no doubt, but what a character. He was part of the crew at my 'stag-night' at Merlins, Neath, back in July 2001...typically, he was one of the last to leave! Mind you the two strippers might have been a factor in that.

Get well soon Leighton boy. You're a genuine 'Swansea Jack' and a never to be forgotten 'Swans hero' of fans from my era.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2023 13:33]

Leighton and Jimmy's interplay on the left wing were as good as any I've seen.

Get well soon Leighton.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Leighton James on 16:55 - Nov 21 with 739 viewsRhonddaSwans

No way 😔 🔥

What a legend of our club and a bloody good guy!

Lets all prey for a recovery of some sort and love and support for his family ❤️

Poll: Will you be at the swd sunday?

Leighton James on 19:37 - Nov 21 with 672 viewsKilkennyjack

I remember Leighton was signed by the Swans after the transfer deadline. But was given special dispensation from the League, to play for us away at Charlton on the last game of that season, (May 1980) as the result wouldn't affect promotion or relegation issues for other teams at the end of that season. I was there that day when we beat Charlton 1-2.

How many of us, that were Swans fans back in 1980 for 3 to 4 seasons, can forget the massive contribution Leighton made to our promotion to the First Division (as was) back in May 1981 and, into that glorious, never to be forgotten, first season in the First Division.

Leighton's stupendous 'top corner' goal, down at 'our end' in Deepdale on May 2nd 1981, was for me, because of the significance of the occasion, the greatest, most crucial goal of his time with the Swans. Maybe...even his career?

Mind you, him smashing a (direct) free-kick passed Bruce Grobbelaar from almost the half way line, against Liverpool at the Vetch, comes mighty close!

Yeah, Leighton had his opinions no doubt, but what a character. He was part of the crew at my 'stag-night' at Merlins, Neath, back in July 2001...typically, he was one of the last to leave! Mind you the two strippers might have been a factor in that.

Get well soon Leighton boy. You're a genuine 'Swansea Jack' and a never to be forgotten 'Swans hero' of fans from my era.

Great post 🙏🏼

Beware of the Risen People

Leighton James on 20:10 - Nov 21 with 639 viewsKeithHaynes

Thanks for the post Tim.
Cracker.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Leighton James on 00:26 - Nov 22 with 538 viewsRobbie

Alastair Campbell , whatever your thoughts on him as Politician , is passionate Burnley FC.

Good documentary on tele a while back , he had his demons , football was his way out .
Did bring up the Leighton James name as a player as his go to footballer to watch .

Not sure , but think they both kept in touch as time went on .

Good luck and recovery in the future Leighton , bombing up that wing on the North Bank .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024