Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russ 12:24 - Dec 3 with 3405 viewsbuilthjack

According to Southampton fans, Russ walked past the Cardiff contingent who were giving him stick after the game and held 4 fingers up. Classic.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2023 12:35]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Russ on 14:33 - Dec 4 with 791 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin talks too much. The swim away is for posturing fans and the occasional posturing player. Certainly not a manager. The incident revolves around (as I understand it) a potentially violent coming together of posturing young hooligans.

Martin is the only manager I have seen who admitted he did not give of his best for a period. I suspect Kaplan came over and had a strong word in his ear leading to a re-focus. After some bad defeats following the Cardiff game he accused his "young men" of partying too much and resting on their laurels.

Martin had a much stronger team than Duff has. Obafemi, Piroe, Ntcham, Whittaker Paterson all packed a punch. He fell out with three of them.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russ on 14:37 - Dec 4 with 773 viewsQJumpingJack

Russ on 14:33 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Russell Martin talks too much. The swim away is for posturing fans and the occasional posturing player. Certainly not a manager. The incident revolves around (as I understand it) a potentially violent coming together of posturing young hooligans.

Martin is the only manager I have seen who admitted he did not give of his best for a period. I suspect Kaplan came over and had a strong word in his ear leading to a re-focus. After some bad defeats following the Cardiff game he accused his "young men" of partying too much and resting on their laurels.

Martin had a much stronger team than Duff has. Obafemi, Piroe, Ntcham, Whittaker Paterson all packed a punch. He fell out with three of them.

Martin spoke out in early February and could not hide his disappointment at the very poor transfer window. The owners and executive team did not take kindly to the public criticism.
Lessons have not been learnt and Duff is now probably feeling the same as Martin.
Sad times. We are not learning from our off the field mistakes.
Russ on 17:54 - Dec 4 with 700 viewsReslovenSwan1

Russ on 14:37 - Dec 4 by QJumpingJack

Martin spoke out in early February and could not hide his disappointment at the very poor transfer window. The owners and executive team did not take kindly to the public criticism.
Lessons have not been learnt and Duff is now probably feeling the same as Martin.
Sad times. We are not learning from our off the field mistakes.

The window was not great for may clubs in the championship. It is known to be a difficult time to find players. Few signed more than one player.

Martin actually got a striker Whittaker back and instead of making the most of it told everyone including Whittaker the recruitment team that signed him and the management he did not want him. Cullen is better apparently.

The Americans were told this kid was a huge prospect. The manager and recruitment team need to work together better than this. Ogbeta another. He then falls out with two other strikers Obafemi and Patterson.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Russ on 19:57 - Dec 4 with 643 viewsQJumpingJack

Why didn't Calderwood join us when RM was here ? Did the owners do a u-turn?
Russ on 22:48 - Dec 4 with 572 viewsmajorraglan

Russ on 17:54 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

The window was not great for may clubs in the championship. It is known to be a difficult time to find players. Few signed more than one player.

Martin actually got a striker Whittaker back and instead of making the most of it told everyone including Whittaker the recruitment team that signed him and the management he did not want him. Cullen is better apparently.

The Americans were told this kid was a huge prospect. The manager and recruitment team need to work together better than this. Ogbeta another. He then falls out with two other strikers Obafemi and Patterson.

The thread is about Martin and Swansea and the fact that January may be a difficult time to find players is well known which is why it’s important for clubs to line their ducks up early doors. None of us know what Martin was told or led to believe would happen in the window, he may or may not have been led down the garden path but it seems he wasn’t happy come February.

In terms of getting Morgan Whittaker back, given that he didn’t play a competitive match for the Swans during the whole month that the transfer window was open I’d suggest Martin didn’t get a striker back - I believe Whittaker was brought back to be sold on.

You know for a fact the Americans were told Whittaker was a huge prospect? I’d be very interested to hear how you came by this info? If Whittaker was such a huge prospect, why didn’t the owners keep him, it appears someone at the club was looking to cash in? If he was that much of a prospect then why not leave him where he was or sack Martin and build the squad and club around Whittaker?
Russ on 23:04 - Dec 4 with 541 viewsModeratorD

Russ on 17:07 - Dec 3 by pencoedjack

Swans fans have changed 4500 went to Wigan midweek to give Martinez grief over leaving the club I imagine a few thousand will go to Southampton mainly for a Russy love in.

Personally I think Roberto done far more for the club than Martin.

I hope to go to Southampton to a) Support the Swans and b) go to a ground I have yet to visit.
Don't care who they have in charge if I am honest.
Glad we won't have Duff in charge though ...
Russ on 09:04 - Dec 5 with 469 viewsonehunglow

Russ on 19:37 - Dec 3 by builthjack

I don’t think it’s luck.
They didn’t just employ him without doing their homework.
They liked what they saw. 4th aren’t they?

You were ecstatic when Duff joined us. Duffers you were calling him, you were over the moon.
18th aren’t we?

Try to keep it impersonal eh.
Ecstatic? You have no idea of what makes me ecstatic .
Russ has gone and about time you got over it .
Love Hurts

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024