Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED 13:34 - Dec 27 with 15200 viewsModeratorC

A big travelling Swansea City support for this away game at Coventry City, we are pretty certain they will be as loud as ever !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61566/next-up-coventry-c
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61575/swansea-city-key-o
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61592/swansea-city-the-o

This post has been edited by an administrator
Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 01:00 - Dec 30 with 1519 viewsFireboy2

Got back about 30mins ago after a detour to drop a few jacks off at crewe and a visit to get a 12" celebratory pizza as we stole a point.

Coventry were good tonight and we did well to hang onto their coat tails, we dug in and showed true grit to stop them from pulling away after their second goal.

Thought we played as well as we could, we have squa4e pegs in round holes, bolasie is no centre forward and looked very poor, paterson did well before going off, tymon earned his wage playing against their tricky right winger, darling played well going forward but looked out of sorts in defending at right back but to me humphries was our best player, he looked assured with the ball at his feet.

Can someone tell me why those younger fans brought a 'watson out' banner into the ground and chanted it when our problems are more to do with the owners? Utterly baffling.
Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 01:17 - Dec 30 with 1485 viewsbuilthjack

Just back. Knackered. .

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 01:23 - Dec 30 with 1479 viewsFireboy2

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 01:17 - Dec 30 by builthjack

Just back. Knackered. .

I bet you are, horrible roads back to llandod, nice and easy on the M6, 80 mostly all the way.
Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 01:26 - Dec 30 with 1475 viewsbuilthjack

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 01:23 - Dec 30 by Fireboy2

I bet you are, horrible roads back to llandod, nice and easy on the M6, 80 mostly all the way.

Lots of water on the roads. Good to see you.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 01:29 - Dec 30 with 1473 viewsFireboy2

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 01:26 - Dec 30 by builthjack

Lots of water on the roads. Good to see you.

Aye, was good to see you mate, mentioned you to right said fred 😉
Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 01:57 - Dec 30 with 1450 viewsdobjack2

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 22:10 - Dec 29 by RichardO

Once we have committed forward in the middle of the park there is absolutely no cover in the centre of the midfield players on the wrong side being turned hence the number of yellow cards we are picking up because we know we will struggle to keep up with players driving quickly through the middle. Same problem we have had for a number of years.
When we do get the ball forward to feet nobody is able to hold onto the ball as inexperienced players running off the ball are not giving viable options maybe not helped by them being too close leading to not very clever flick which are often easier read and intercepted.
As for the inexperienced players they need to be persisted with as at least they will learn because we have to find a way of safely bring our forwards into play without giving the ball away cheaply.
Well done to Sam Parker did well on his first outing.
Think we need to start using Kuharevich as what little we have seen of him he seems to be good enough to bring players into the game.
A point gained away from home and younger players risked with more game time surely it must be the way forward?

When Martin joined I was reading about MK Dons players on the assumption that some would join. One thing that was noticeable was the number of bookings their defensive midfielders picked up, presumably for that reason.

We remain vulnerable to counter attacks from the middle of the park when we lose the ball. It seems that players either don't react quickly enough to/ fail to anticipate losing the ball or cannot move quickly enough to regain a good defensive shape hence foul.

I would have thought that coaching drills could work on getting the team into better defensive shapes when we lose the ball in different areas of the pitch. However we seem to be making the same mistakes every game.

I agree about hold up play and giving the ball away cheaply. Stupid flicks drive me round the bend and leave us open to counterattack.

Our forwards appear to be players who work better off another forward who holds up the ball rather than being forwards who hold up the ball for others. Unfortunately we signed an injury prone striker for that role and probably need another striker of that style in the transfer window.

Whether we sign another forward of that style and play to their strengths is another matter.
Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 06:14 - Dec 30 with 1342 viewsWhiterockin

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 01:57 - Dec 30 by dobjack2

When Martin joined I was reading about MK Dons players on the assumption that some would join. One thing that was noticeable was the number of bookings their defensive midfielders picked up, presumably for that reason.

We remain vulnerable to counter attacks from the middle of the park when we lose the ball. It seems that players either don't react quickly enough to/ fail to anticipate losing the ball or cannot move quickly enough to regain a good defensive shape hence foul.

I would have thought that coaching drills could work on getting the team into better defensive shapes when we lose the ball in different areas of the pitch. However we seem to be making the same mistakes every game.

I agree about hold up play and giving the ball away cheaply. Stupid flicks drive me round the bend and leave us open to counterattack.

Our forwards appear to be players who work better off another forward who holds up the ball rather than being forwards who hold up the ball for others. Unfortunately we signed an injury prone striker for that role and probably need another striker of that style in the transfer window.

Whether we sign another forward of that style and play to their strengths is another matter.

It is my belief that because we play the ball so slowly moving forward, that we often have 8 or 9 players in front of the ball and we can easily be caught on the break. If we were to play the ball quicker through midfield to the attackers and stretch the play, we would have more defenders behind the ball to cover. A bit simplistic but just my thoughts.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 06:41 - Dec 30 with 1327 viewsjack247

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 22:10 - Dec 29 by RichardO

Once we have committed forward in the middle of the park there is absolutely no cover in the centre of the midfield players on the wrong side being turned hence the number of yellow cards we are picking up because we know we will struggle to keep up with players driving quickly through the middle. Same problem we have had for a number of years.
When we do get the ball forward to feet nobody is able to hold onto the ball as inexperienced players running off the ball are not giving viable options maybe not helped by them being too close leading to not very clever flick which are often easier read and intercepted.
As for the inexperienced players they need to be persisted with as at least they will learn because we have to find a way of safely bring our forwards into play without giving the ball away cheaply.
Well done to Sam Parker did well on his first outing.
Think we need to start using Kuharevich as what little we have seen of him he seems to be good enough to bring players into the game.
A point gained away from home and younger players risked with more game time surely it must be the way forward?

Agree with this totally.

Plus when we weren’t committing forward in midfield, our attack was isolated and easy to defend. I didn’t mind the long balls to Parker over their slow full back, but we resorted to it centrally as well, to Lowe and Yates. Now and again against a high line great, but it reminded me of league two in the nineties at times.

Great point, Most of us would have taken that, but we got away with it yet again under Sheehan. Luck of the Irish.
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 08:25 - Dec 30 with 1250 viewsbuilthjack

Decent away following, 1200-1500 , somewhere in between. Bloody good for a Friday night.

Coventry had the loudest support I have heard for years. The are a club which has come on leaps and bounds these last few years, so the support is there. The whole stadium was loud, like it used to be with us.

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 10:32 - Dec 30 with 1110 viewsKeithHaynes

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 06:41 - Dec 30 by jack247

Agree with this totally.

Plus when we weren’t committing forward in midfield, our attack was isolated and easy to defend. I didn’t mind the long balls to Parker over their slow full back, but we resorted to it centrally as well, to Lowe and Yates. Now and again against a high line great, but it reminded me of league two in the nineties at times.

Great point, Most of us would have taken that, but we got away with it yet again under Sheehan. Luck of the Irish.

At least he really is Irish 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 10:34 - Dec 30 with 1107 viewsRichardO

We have had the dilemma in the middle of the park for quite some time if we defend deep we invite pressure, if we push up in the middle to are open to counter attacks.
Grimes needs the right players alongside him we saw yesterday with clever quick play he got past players into space a number of times just by driving forward getting the ball beyond the on rushing player add Allen and Humphreys to the list of players who control the ball enough to be able to do it and yet as Grimes moves forward while inviting and drawing players onto him he is slow releasing the ball and the team ends up with a crowded out attacking move. Why is he slow in releasing the ball, not enough movement in front of him or because there has been little consistency in team selection not helped by injuries to allow understandings to be built between the forwards and midfielders, one of the easiest ball to play in behind oncoming defenders seen to good effect in bringing Parker into play but once that avenue was stop we needed other outlets the nice interplay in the middle is designed to move opposition players about to create space by drawing defenders in whether it be out wide or down the channels in the middle as the forwards try and run off their defenders shoulders but we are not using them quick enough.
As for defending the midfield Grimes should be covered every time he moves forward Downes use to do it even Korey Smith who while not being the fastest did it under Cooper. We played with three midfielders yesterday, five if you include Paterson and Parker who should be dropping deep when in defence mode and yet we cannot control the
midfield when the slightest pressure is applied it has been like that for quite some time including the end of Coopers reign. new blood in the middle for me we give the ball away in the middle too often and don't have players capable of doing the covering work.
Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 10:37 - Dec 30 with 1103 viewsvetchonian

he usually gets one or two a season

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 12:54 - Dec 30 with 960 viewsFireboy2

Now Allen is back he needs to start with grimes, we looked better when he came on instead of fulton, fulton is a waste of a shirt, he is a physically strong player but has no skill or confidence with the ball.

We can't play bolasie up front as he too is a waste of a shirt, hopefully Kukharevych is back on monday as we need him up front with either lowe or Yates.
Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 12:59 - Dec 30 with 954 viewsKeithHaynes

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 12:54 - Dec 30 by Fireboy2

Now Allen is back he needs to start with grimes, we looked better when he came on instead of fulton, fulton is a waste of a shirt, he is a physically strong player but has no skill or confidence with the ball.

We can't play bolasie up front as he too is a waste of a shirt, hopefully Kukharevych is back on monday as we need him up front with either lowe or Yates.

I thought Bolasie was better than Yates for all that mate.

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 13:06 - Dec 30 with 944 viewsFireboy2

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 12:59 - Dec 30 by KeithHaynes

Tbh we saw alot of bolasie first half as we were playing to us, didn't see much of Yates, we seemed to pump the ball to lowe and parker on the wings, which worked quite well.
Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 13:13 - Dec 30 with 936 viewsFlashberryjack

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 12:59 - Dec 30 by KeithHaynes

Yates makes Bolasie look world class.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 13:24 - Dec 30 with 931 viewsFireboy2

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 13:13 - Dec 30 by Flashberryjack

Yates makes Bolasie look world class.

Not last night he didn't.
Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:07 - Dec 30 with 835 viewsFlashberryjack

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 13:24 - Dec 30 by Fireboy2

Not last night he didn't.

What did he do, run around a lot ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:25 - Dec 30 with 811 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/61592/swansea-city-the-o

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:58 - Dec 30 with 684 viewsshingle

So the debate is who was the better player Bolasie or Yates, onwards and upwards it is then.
Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 20:00 - Dec 30 with 642 viewsFireboy2

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:07 - Dec 30 by Flashberryjack

Did more than bolasie by not falling over and moan.
Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 20:21 - Dec 30 with 629 viewsvetchonian

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:07 - Dec 30 by Flashberryjack

I remember when fans slagged off Jason Sotland because he didn't run around a lot.....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:17 - Dec 30 with 603 viewsangryjack

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 20:00 - Dec 30 by Fireboy2

Did more than bolasie by not falling over and moan.

At least he got a brain a footballing brain yates got nothing,no strength pace,or brain he reminds me of a 10 year old who just runs wherever the ball is..
Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:20 - Dec 30 with 600 viewsonehunglow

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:17 - Dec 30 by angryjack

At least he got a brain a footballing brain yates got nothing,no strength pace,or brain he reminds me of a 10 year old who just runs wherever the ball is..

Yep.
Bolasie shows faint signs of the player he was .
In his prime, he had ability Eddie Yates could only dream of.
Yates non effectiveness is not down to fitness,nor coach nor the way we play.
He is simply abject and whoever had the ludicrous roux idea to sign him needs dismembering ( not literally folks)

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:29 - Dec 30 with 593 viewsFireboy2

Coventry City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:17 - Dec 30 by angryjack

You obviously didn't watch him last night, he was embarrassing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024