Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RAFC Bring or Goodbye Sale 09:56 - Jan 15 with 2537 viewsChaffRAFC

Someone has created a group on Facebook to try and raise funds for RAFC.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/285472547864067/

There's also a Go Fund Me page @ https://gofund.me/dcfd0cbe

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

RAFC Bring or Goodbye Sale on 14:05 - Jan 16 with 1777 viewsDalenet

This is a bit disjointed now. Have we got 5 fundraising schemes on the go for a fan base of 2500?

1. Club offering another 50,000 shares for sale to fans to help club with cashflow
2. Trust running a ringfenced Player fund to pay for additions to the squad
3. Trust running a "Futures" fund for money to be ringfenced should the worst happen
4. A facebook group raising cash for the club but allowing the club to decide what to do with that cash.
5. A facebook group raising cash through a merchandise sale.

I know Every Little Helps, but there is risk of confusion. And the facebook group implies their collection is a charity - so are they registered as a Charity with all the associated governance and controls? Or is it a few well meaning individuals receiving cash on trust?
RAFC Bring or Goodbye Sale on 15:23 - Jan 16 with 1684 viewsDuckegg

That is to many and confusing for us all my main support will be to purchase shares to help keep the club alive....

I find this is more important than above all else but hey each unto their own.....
RAFC Bring or Goodbye Sale on 16:20 - Jan 16 with 1570 viewsChaffRAFC

This is what happens when the fanbase aren't informed of the real situation.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

RAFC Bring or Goodbye Sale on 17:11 - Jan 16 with 1494 viewswatford_dale

RAFC Bring or Goodbye Sale on 14:05 - Jan 16 by Dalenet

This is a bit disjointed now. Have we got 5 fundraising schemes on the go for a fan base of 2500?

1. Club offering another 50,000 shares for sale to fans to help club with cashflow
2. Trust running a ringfenced Player fund to pay for additions to the squad
3. Trust running a "Futures" fund for money to be ringfenced should the worst happen
4. A facebook group raising cash for the club but allowing the club to decide what to do with that cash.
5. A facebook group raising cash through a merchandise sale.

I know Every Little Helps, but there is risk of confusion. And the facebook group implies their collection is a charity - so are they registered as a Charity with all the associated governance and controls? Or is it a few well meaning individuals receiving cash on trust?

No its not a registered charity, just checked with charity commissioners website. The only registered one is the rochdale in the community, whose submission was 72 days late.

Of the 5 options:
#1 is a one time deal and non- recurrent.
#2 and #3 - how long will it take for these to make an impact and what exactly will the futures money be spent on? Who controls this?, too many potential governance issues here.
#4 and #5 - defo #5 should be done through the club but #4 should disclose their Charity number, any registered charity will have a charity number.
RAFC Bring or Goodbye Sale on 17:11 - Jan 16 with 1494 views442Dale

RAFC Bring or Goodbye Sale on 16:20 - Jan 16 by ChaffRAFC

This is what happens when the fanbase aren't informed of the real situation.

Exactly.

Create doubt amongst those who want to remove it and there can be no blame attached to fans for being unsure what to do next. At least there’s a fans forum next week to address this.

Oh.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

RAFC Bring or Goodbye Sale on 18:26 - Jan 16 with 1409 viewsRodingdale

The Trust is the recognised fan membership body and in my opinion is where fans should be putting any spare cash. Imperfect as the Trusts relationship with the club, there is a dialogue there. The best place for fans to find out what IS going on is by engaging with the trust. Together the fan base is stronger than individually. If you can’t afford cash donations, then attend the meetings - even attending meetings and spreading the word among other fans helps the trust board to promote its initiatives.
RAFC Bring or Goodbye Sale on 18:49 - Jan 16 with 1351 views442Dale

RAFC Bring or Goodbye Sale on 18:26 - Jan 16 by Rodingdale

The Trust is the recognised fan membership body and in my opinion is where fans should be putting any spare cash. Imperfect as the Trusts relationship with the club, there is a dialogue there. The best place for fans to find out what IS going on is by engaging with the trust. Together the fan base is stronger than individually. If you can’t afford cash donations, then attend the meetings - even attending meetings and spreading the word among other fans helps the trust board to promote its initiatives.

Good post.

As much as we all get frustrated, we can only do our best to utilise the routes we do have as supporters.

So many fans including those on the Trust board are doing their very best for our football club. It’s on others to answer whether they can say the same. Actions speak louder than contradictory and baffling words. When they can be bothered with words at all that is.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024