Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich Reflections. 17:52 - Feb 10 with 10355 viewsbluenwhite10

A really good entertaining game at HQ today v Norwich and probably in fairness a fair result and at the end of season we will see if it is a good point or not. The starting 11 and the bench for QPR was the strongest for us I have seen in a long time except for Field with the Transfer Window looking good for us with Hayden, Frey, Hodge, Anderson looking upgrades for Dozzell and Duke- McKenna although it will be interesting to see if Anderson, Frey can cope with the pace of the championship. The Colback finish to put us 1-0 was a good finish from a good break from Chair who seemed to go into traffic to find Willock instead of going the other way where the overload was on but it worked out alright. The Norwich equaliser and I guess Marti has got to stop believing his own words and understand we are struggling to defend corners come from a well worked Norwich corner which was a kick in the teeth to conceed. The goal to put Norwich was from a quality cross which made it easy to finish for Sargent. At 2-1 I could not see anything other than a Norwich win a couple of strange subs I could not get my head around taking Armstrong off when we where 2-1 as I think we needed a focal point of 2 and we was losing the threat of his pace. The goal to make it 2-2 came from a good ball in from Anderson and I am could be being unfair in saying did he mean it from Frey who I think could be a useful impact player. At 2-2 with Norwich having a lot possession without really creating anything but still being a threat due to them having a lot of the ball I could not understand the call to hook Hayden for Dykes as u thought it would expose us a bit. I thought a Willock, Smyth swap earlier in the 2nd half would of been a smart move. Ashley Barnes played the ref well today and is the sort of player you want on your side but when he is opposing side he is one of the things that is wrong with the modern game. The ref had a mad 10 mins at the Norwich try the break the record of free kicks given to one side. Lots of final thoughts even though they had lots of the ball we did not let them create much resulting in saves from Bergovic, the midfield is going to look stronger and more Physical with an axis of Hayden, Field and Colback , you can’t 90 mins out of Willlock and Rangers come back like Huddersfield when we thought they where dead showing some never give up attitude, more options on the bench. A special mention to the Norwich 23 Kenny McLean who I thought run the game today and we struggled to get near and stop him from dictating play. Some good performances today but my MOM was Jack Colback . Up the R’s
Norwich Reflections. on 22:26 - Feb 11 with 793 viewscaptainmycaptian

There goal was of side they did a lot of trying to blind the keepers view. Also corners they had 2 blocking our keeper. It wasn't even subtlety done. They were a fairly useful team at the dark arts might be why they are so prosperous
Norwich Reflections. on 02:53 - Feb 14 with 497 viewsrbee

Before the game I was hoping for a sneaky win of course but Norwich are a good side and overall I thought a draw was a fair result. Both teams controlling the game in patches, neither keeper overworked.

The player that impressed me the most was Isaac Hayden. I wasn't sure how well he would play after his injuries and stop, start career since Newcastle told him that the wasn't a part of their future but he had a great game as did Joe Hodge. Lucas Andersen and Michael Frey came on and did exactly what we brought them in to do.

Exciting stuff bearing in mind how long our four new players have been with us. They should improve over the next few weeks as they gain match fitness and settle in to the club.

I expect us to be a lot more consistent now as the quality of the squad has greatly improved, we have a few more leaders, aggressive players and a strong bench.

Anything other than a win later today would be disappointing for me as the games are running out and Saturdays opponents, Bristol City, have found some great form the past week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024