Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sliding doors moments 00:16 - Feb 20 with 4414 viewsqueensparker

Imagine if we’d got Steve Cook instead of Dion Sanderson (weren’t we in for him then?) and Isaac Hayden instead of Jeff Hendrick (both rotting in the Newcastle reserves) that fateful season.

Could all have been so different
Sliding doors moments on 11:03 - Feb 23 with 428 viewsW7Ranger

Sliding doors moments on 13:51 - Feb 21 by MelakaRanger

I maintain that our recent decline started the minute we sold Sir Les to Newcastle in 1995 'Decline Number 1'.

It took us until 2011 to recover - 16 years

Then the wasteful spending on useless has beens by Warnock started the next decline. Exacerbated greatly by Mark Hughes - who in my opinion is the real architect of our current situation. 'arries reign just made what Hughes created even worse.

So the relegation of 2015 was 'Decline number 2'

I believed the damage caused by Hughes in particular would take at least 10 years to recover from.

So perhaps in the 25/26 season we start to see a 'competative' Championship QPR side

"Then the wasteful spending on useless has beens by Warnock started the next decline."

But that was caused by Tango & Cash not seeling the club to the Mittals earlier in the summer, but then selling to Tony F a week before the summer window closed.

We were desparate for new signings (anyone really!) and we got fleeced left right and centre because we had no other options/choices at that late stage. I thought had warnock got who he really wanted and had a proper summer preparing for the Prem, we may not have been 3rd bottom in Jan and he may not have got the sack - and things could have been very different... even now!
Sliding doors moments on 12:24 - Feb 23 with 375 viewsnick_hammersmith

Sliding doors moments on 11:03 - Feb 23 by W7Ranger

"Then the wasteful spending on useless has beens by Warnock started the next decline."

But that was caused by Tango & Cash not seeling the club to the Mittals earlier in the summer, but then selling to Tony F a week before the summer window closed.

We were desparate for new signings (anyone really!) and we got fleeced left right and centre because we had no other options/choices at that late stage. I thought had warnock got who he really wanted and had a proper summer preparing for the Prem, we may not have been 3rd bottom in Jan and he may not have got the sack - and things could have been very different... even now!

He wanted Scott Parker instead of Joey Barton, didn't he?
Not sure that would have solved all our issues...
Sliding doors moments on 12:45 - Feb 23 with 355 viewsed_83

Sliding doors moments on 12:24 - Feb 23 by nick_hammersmith

He wanted Scott Parker instead of Joey Barton, didn't he?
Not sure that would have solved all our issues...

The only one I remember is wanting Routledge on a permanent transfer. Imagine how much better off we'd have been with him instead of Wright-Phillips.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024