Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seriously, what was Russell Martin thinking when he picked tonight’s team? 00:02 - Feb 21 with 1218 viewssaintmark1976

A team selection straight out of the Ralph playbook lifted from the bad days of the Premiership.

Fraser and Brooks scored good goals at West Brom and both are dropped for the next home game, why?

We ended up with the team that in the main every man and his dog could see should have started.

An utterly unnecessary defeat caused by a completely bizarre and utterly baffling choice of starting eleven with the blame resting totally at the managers door.
Seriously, what was Russell Martin thinking when he picked tonight’s team? on 00:19 - Feb 21 with 1172 viewssaint22

Totally agreed and to be fair Wussell appeared to acknowledge that BUT it doesn't excuse it
Our strongest and best 11 needs picking now and ahead
I would hope come saturday we see Downes and Bree back, Fraser and Aribo starting
Now is not the time to tinker and play your friends
Seriously, what was Russell Martin thinking when he picked tonight’s team? on 00:19 - Feb 21 with 1172 viewscocklebreath

Yep said to my son we’ve now got the team on that should have started. Some proper awful performances tonight but I think Rothwell for his early miss and handing Hull the 2nd tops it. Manning next then Smallbone, Mara did fook all and Bazanu was back to shite, stu was terrible and even KWP looked lost.
Only positives were Aribo, Fraser and Brooks.
Don’t try and be clever Russ just play the best team starting Saturday.
Hull just had more energy and wanted it more than us which is really disappointing.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Seriously, what was Russell Martin thinking when he picked tonight’s team? on 00:29 - Feb 21 with 1158 viewssaint22

Seriously, what was Russell Martin thinking when he picked tonight’s team? on 00:19 - Feb 21 by cocklebreath

Yep said to my son we’ve now got the team on that should have started. Some proper awful performances tonight but I think Rothwell for his early miss and handing Hull the 2nd tops it. Manning next then Smallbone, Mara did fook all and Bazanu was back to shite, stu was terrible and even KWP looked lost.
Only positives were Aribo, Fraser and Brooks.
Don’t try and be clever Russ just play the best team starting Saturday.
Hull just had more energy and wanted it more than us which is really disappointing.

i think you hit nail on the head there in that I think RM thinks he is too clever and wont admit errors
Constantly picking poor performers and dropping ones who play well for them is a case in point - along with the lack of plan B
We really need to show some mettle now and deliver like we were but against good teams too

Strongest 11 only ahead - injuries aside, but what is that

Baz
KWP
Bree
THB
Janny
Downes
SA
Aribo
Fraser
AA
Adams?
Seriously, what was Russell Martin thinking when he picked tonight’s team? on 10:57 - Feb 21 with 753 viewsIfonly

Sure it was a bad team selection, but that wasn't the only reason, or maybe even the primary reason we lost. Even with our strongest 11 we would have struggled against a very well organised and hard working team. When a team gets the press right, we can't cope.

Any team that presses that hard will fade in the second half. That's exactly what used to happen to us under Ralph when we pressed hard. But Hull had done enough by then to get the win.
Seriously, what was Russell Martin thinking when he picked tonight’s team? on 17:50 - Feb 22 with 444 viewsdarthvader

Seriously, what was Russell Martin thinking when he picked tonight’s team? on 10:57 - Feb 21 by Ifonly

Sure it was a bad team selection, but that wasn't the only reason, or maybe even the primary reason we lost. Even with our strongest 11 we would have struggled against a very well organised and hard working team. When a team gets the press right, we can't cope.

Any team that presses that hard will fade in the second half. That's exactly what used to happen to us under Ralph when we pressed hard. But Hull had done enough by then to get the win.

We need to find a way to beat the press . Setting traps wont work against the likes of Coventry Ipswich Leicester leeds they will just take the ball from us . Every team knows our weaknesses, tactically there needs to be another solution. Passing a little underhit pass from baz to smallbone or rothwell in the middle is not the answer , . Everyone could see it was dangerous and they were swarming us . So change it up ffs .

Aribo looks fitter and stronger than ever so thats the only plus point for me from that debacle

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024