Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big chance for a statement win 09:08 - Mar 31 with 1967 viewsPatfromPoole

Not sure what is wrong with me today.

Just thinking that tomorrow is a real chance for us.

If we can get a big win at Ipswich (2-0 or higher) it places down a big marker, and will give everybody real confidence that even if we don't finish in the top 2, we would be a side to be massively feared in the play-offs.

At the moment, I just don't get that feeling about us.

We need a real statement performance AND result to get rid of a lot of the current negativity and cynicism.

Time to step it up, lads.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Big chance for a statement win on 14:29 - Apr 1 with 328 viewscocklebreath

Big chance for a statement win on 14:26 - Apr 1 by Centurion

IN reply yo Kirk,
If Pompey come up and we stay down then the gap between the two clubs narrows.
That is logical.
We do have a better ground, by far and on the whole better fcilities.
Pompey DO have a lot of potential and HAVE been under achieving for the last 10 years.
If we get promoted via the play offs then the gap between the two clubs.
I stand by my assertion that we are on of the top six or eight championship clubs and therefore to finish in the play offs is an achievement.
As an aside do you consider Brighton and Bournemouth our equals or bigger clubs?

Bournemouth are not our equals they are a tin pot club , Brighton probably up with us now

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Big chance for a statement win on 14:43 - Apr 1 with 297 viewsCenturion

Big chance for a statement win on 14:29 - Apr 1 by cocklebreath

Bournemouth are not our equals they are a tin pot club , Brighton probably up with us now

I agree, Brighton are establishing themselves as a solid premier club. They have a good ground and have come a long way in the last 20 years.
The longer Bournemouth stay in the Premier League the more they can claim equal status. What they need is a new 35,000 stadium.
Also, I wonder whether Bournemouth are starting to gain more of the younger supporters, west of Brockenhurst who in the past would have supported Saints.
IMO, Saints status is naturally going to decline each year we remain in the Championship. Having said that, I think we will hold our own as a top 8 or even top 10 Championship club.
Big chance for a statement win on 15:55 - Apr 1 with 256 viewsBridders2

Big chance for a statement win on 14:29 - Apr 1 by cocklebreath

Bournemouth are a tin pot club, but their team is better than ours.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024